Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying parts for my PC through ebay, will I get charged?

Options
  • 12-08-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Good Afternoon everyone

I recently decided to purchase parts for a new PC to assemble because as we all know, buying separate parts and building a PC yourself is much more cheaper than buying a pre-built one.
    Going straight to the point is that the whole pc is about 1000 pounds and the delivery is 60 pounds to IE from UK, the Import Charges shown on ebay is 0 pounds. Will I still get charged for the customs clearence or any additional costs or only for the subtotal items and the delivery charge ? I am new to this thing and just need a bit of help in sorting this out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

EU is free trade area. Only stuff you import from outside the EU will be subject to customs. Note that you may buy something off ebay.co.uk but the seller may ship it from outside the EU - watch out for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 forty1

So by understanding i wont pay any fees if I import from the UK, the items are all from the same seller and it is stated he is exporting it from UK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Yes that should be fine (until brexit). Be wary tho as a lot of the super cheap sellers ship directly from china = surprise customs bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tax has already been paid in the UK, no extra charges for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 forty1

Okay, so even if on their item product says location (a city), united kingdom it still can be in china for example?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

forty1 wrote: »
    Okay, so even if on their item product says location (a city), united kingdom it still can be in china for example?

It shouldnt, but sometimes they lie on listings. If the seller has good feedback then thats not likely.

Advertisement