Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads & Streets of fethard

• 12-08-2017 8:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭

Having traveled a lot of rural Ireland recently I have yet to find roads like those in and around fethard , in the town itself the streets are in a deplorable state, the Main Street is as rough and bumpy as Ud expect on a cul de sac leading to a farmyard, not on the principle street in a town. Barrack street /The green / killenaule road a busy part of town and would destroy any car. Burke street /watergate street are particularly bad and the valley /grove road aren't fit 4 a tractor. Kerry street is like somebody spit the tarmacadam on the street. There are plenty of bad roads in Tipperary,the county is notorious 4 potholes but y is it that the county council are turning a blind eye to Tipperary??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

Da Boss wrote: »
    Having traveled a lot of rural Ireland recently I have yet to find roads like those in and around fethard , in the town itself the streets are in a deplorable state, the Main Street is as rough and bumpy as Ud expect on a cul de sac leading to a farmyard, not on the principle street in a town. Barrack street /The green / killenaule road a busy part of town and would destroy any car. Burke street /watergate street are particularly bad and the valley /grove road aren't fit 4 a tractor. Kerry street is like somebody spit the tarmacadam on the street. There are plenty of bad roads in Tipperary,the county is notorious 4 potholes but y is it that the county council are turning a blind eye to Tipperary??

Yes I've noticed that too, absolutely scandalous. The laying of the water pipes must be the reason, leaving the roads in that state is inexcusable. They should be made come back and resurface every street they wrecked. I drive through mullinahone also and they did a great job on the streets there

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

I agree totally, sick to death of replacing suspension components on my car.
    I was hoping the streets would be resurfaced after the water works, (which went on forever), but it doesn't look it's going to happen any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

As an afterthought ,wouldn't it be great if the powers that be pave or cobble the streets of Fethard it would be in keeping with the character of the town , and in future if work needs to be done eg gas pipe laying or underground fibreoptic cabling, all that needs to be done is lift up the bricks, do the job, and replace them again,without having patchy looking roads. Just a thought..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Da Boss

padre t wrote: »
    As an afterthought ,wouldn't it be great if the powers that be pave or cobble the streets of Fethard it would be in keeping with the character of the town , and in future if work needs to be done eg gas pipe laying or underground fibreoptic cabling, all that needs to be done is lift up the bricks, do the job, and replace them again,without having patchy looking roads. Just a thought..

In an ideal world yes but in this not so ideal world theres one big problem- €€€€€€€

Advertisement