Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Repeating

• 12-08-2017 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My devices keep repeating over and over and when I switch the channels it's still there repeating on an android device and then watching something on my iPad it's repeating as well,what should I do or what's wrong

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I don't really understand what you are describing. Best guess is check your internet connection isn't down.

If the internet is ok.. then the old IT crowd: Turn everything off, then turn everything back on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

Slydice wrote: »
    I don't really understand what you are describing. Best guess is check your internet connection isn't down.

If the internet is ok.. then the old IT crowd: Turn everything off, then turn everything back on again.

I'm using an android box when I watch it channel it's repeating the same scene over and over ,and on my iPad it's lagging when streaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What speed is your internet connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

You do tend to get a lot of repeats these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Hrmmm. Sounds like all the TV / iPad streaming is coming in over the internet as if there is no satellite dish involved.

If that's the case, Is the internet working ok? Is it fast enough to handle the TV signal?

A quick google found a boards.ie thread where they are saying HD TV needs a 4MB internet package and 4k TV needs 20MB internet package:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057378315

Like an old eircom 3mb probably wouldn't work well but a virgin media 360mb might. I think eircom have faster ones now.

Could also check if anyone is sharing the internet on a laptop/phone/tablet/ipad etc while trying to watch tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement