Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right-wing vs. Left-wing Clashes [MOD NOTE POST #1]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

+ 1- as I argued in a post on this thread yesterday evening it coulda been easier if the issue was put to a local referendum/direct democracy & let people vote on it .

A democratically elected body already did and some had issue.
    ...in February, the City Council voted to remove the statue from the park. Opponents of the move sued in March, arguing that the city did not have the authority to do so under state law.
    That court case is continuing, and the statue has remained in place. It was the focal point for a gathering held in May by the white nationalist Richard Spencer, who was among the demonstrators in Charlottesville this weekend. In June, the City Council gave Lee Park a new name — Emancipation Park.

‘Unite the Right’

The rally that descended into violence Saturday was organized by Jason Kessler, a relative newcomer to the white nationalist scene who is well known in Charlottesville, where he has fought against the city’s status as a sanctuary city for immigrants.

A self-described “journalist, activist and author,” Mr. Kessler also waged a monthslong online media campaign against Mr. Bellamy, whom he depicted as anti-white.

More recently, Mr. Kessler became involved in the fight against renaming Lee Park — one reason for the “Unite the Right” rally this weekend. The rally was by far Mr. Kessler’s largest undertaking yet. Last week, he won an injunction in federal court against the city, which had voted to revoke a permit for the rally.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/13/us/charlottesville-rally-protest-statue.html
    mynamejeff wrote: »
    Why do these movements feel that any one who doesn't immediately and loudly agree with their specific point of view is a target for attack .

it was the same in the water protest here in Ireland and even the gay marriage vote.

there is no room for debate of even discussion is that how far from rationality we have fallen ?

lots of these movements seem to attract weak minded individuals. it it easier to let some one else think for you and become part of a mob ?

FG made the IW thing a thing. Suited the propaganda IMO.
    As with the above, people have a right to protest, even if bringing society backwards. The suffragettes are a good example of law breakers on the side of right, proven right. We need weed out the hate filled self interested fascists from the folk who disagree with government policy and want a change for forward not backward hate filled reasons.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Brian? wrote: »
    Define "these movements" and then support your point with evidence. I feel you're generalising all left wing groups as being the same thing.

Ok

groups who define them self's as " mass social movements"

ie but not limited to

My evidence is first hand personal experiences and observations with water protesters gay marriage black lives matter american nationalists antifa pro and anti islam groups pro and anti trump groups pro life and repeal the 8th groups supports of all irish political parties etc etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Brian? wrote: »
    Actually, anarchists ran parts of Spain during the Spanish civil war. Zero atrocities. It's actually quite difficult to commit any sort of large scale atrocity when you believe in a stateless society.

Some of the Kurds fighting ISIS are also anarchists as well. They are doing a pretty good job or preventing atrocities by ISIS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Charlottesville was a Unite The Right march, even if the KKK/White supremacists etc hadn't have turned up Antifa & BLM would have attacked anyone else who was marching. Antifa & BLM call everyone who supports Trump or anyone that they disagree with as racist/fascists/Nazi. Even people who go to these marches for their own news channels get the same abuse.
    The alt right had gotten a permit to march, the mayor then rescinded the permit. The alt right & ACLU took the mayor to court & the judge said it was unlawful to rescind the permit, so the march could still happen. There were agreements about policing, where the alt right would be & the police would be between them & the protesters. The morning of the march the alt right had to force their way to the park because the police were not there & there were different groups looking to prevent them. A little time later the mayor sent in the riot police to shut it down. Theres a video of Richard Spencer pleading with the cops to stop that they had a permit & legally they could be there. So the cops ended up pepper spraying the alt right & made them move, which made them walk straight into the protesters who had an assortment of weapons. The vice mayor of Charlottesville is a known supporter of a black supremacy group & is a known racist who hates whites so not surprised things ended the way they did.

A little background to what happened
    Up until the elections you wouldn't really hear of KKK/Nazis in America but then the likes of antifa started attacking Trump supporters going to/from his rallies around the country. They started trying to close down talks by speakers they deemed as racist/fascist. So after a few weeks/months of being attacked Trump supporters started defending themselves. Also at the same time straight white males get the blame for all the evils in the world, from minorities/feminists whoever. Safe spaces for anyone but not whites & especially white straight men. So groups like the proud boys came about, not racist but men who like to hang out & be men over a beer. The alt left/liberals whatever decided things like the hand sign for OK was now for white power, milk which the Trump supporters were using to wash their faces after getting peppersprayed by antifa, became white power, Frogs? white power, white privilege etc. So a lot of whats happened in America comes down to liberals ( mainly white ) telling minorities that everything bad that happens in the world is the straight white males fault. You keep calling a person a racist/fascist & they will end up being that
    Also the likes of antifa have ended up being the fascists they say they are against. Black lives matters can chant kill all whites or call for white mothers to abort their babies & theres no problem. The can attack & beat up women/elderly, no problem. They can burn cars, break businesses windows & loot, again no problem. Most men in Ireland would be treated as someone on the right because we like to spend time in pubs hanging round other men, watching sports
    & then you have the main stream media constantly not telling both sides of the story. America is in a state right now partly to Trump but there are a lot more factors & parties responsible for the troubles they are having

Tony EH wrote: »
    Oh please. Are you really trying to equate neo-nazis and anti-fa with the water protests and gay marriage supporters?

That's just crazy talk.

with regard to the nature of their rabid anti discussion policy yes yes i am

Help!!!! wrote: »
    hadn't have turned up Antifa & BLM would have attacked anyone else who was marching.

Ignores actual terror attack, and complains about hypothetical attacks by other groups instead. This is some desperate stuff here lads. How hard is it to condemn Nazi's FFS.

wes wrote: »
    Ignores actual terror attack, and complains about hypothetical attacks by other groups instead. This is some desperate stuff here lads. How hard is it to condemn Nazi's FFS.

Not ignoring anything. So you are saying antifa did not attack anyone? I dont condone Nazi's or KKK but I also dont condone fascists who pretend to be fighting fascists by being fascists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Oh please. Are you really trying to equate neo-nazis and anti-fa with the water protests and gay marriage supporters?

That's just crazy talk.

On 2nd reading he has a point, there is an absolutism in politics now that was not there 20 or 30 years ago.

An unwillingness to debate or even be friends with someone who has different opinions and often over trivial things.

People are hyper-righteous these days, especially in America but that will come here, to a degree as well.

I've seen lads who stayed with the Provisional movement, their friends who went with the Reals, others who went this and that way and they all get on with it, even while in Dublin they would have been nuts at each other.

If lads who were lifelong committed activists, willing to put their life on the line for a belief can do it, then surely the rich kid activists playing radicals now can as well.

with regard to the nature of their rabid anti discussion policy yes yes i am

What was the side against equality for gay couples that might have changed the minds of the decent humans who supported it? Was it fair and equitable for all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Up until the elections you wouldn't really hear of KKK/Nazis in America but then...

Sorry...what?

Up until what elections are you talking about?
    Hopefully you're not suggesting 2016 because that would be...embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Danzy wrote: »
    On 2nd reading he has a point, there is an absolutism in politics now that was not there 20 or 30 years ago.

An unwillingness to debate or even be friends with someone who has different opinions and often over trivial things.

People are hyper-righteous these days, especially in America but that will come here, to a degree as well.

I've seen lads who stayed with the Provisional movement, their friends who went with the Reals, others who went this and that way and they all get on with it, even while in Dublin they would have been nuts at each other.

If lads who were lifelong committed activists, willing to put their life on the line for a belief can do it, then surely the rich kid activists playing radicals now can as well.

There was a shit ton of debate re: water protests and gay marriage. How the hell anyone could have missed it is beyond me.

It's not remotely in the same league.

Not ignoring anything. So you are saying antifa did not attack anyone? I dont condone Nazi's or KKK but I also dont condone fascists who pretend to be fighting fascists by being fascists

Antifa don't engage in terrorism. The comparisons being made are absurd.

Again, I don't agree with how they do things, but the false equivalence being drawn is utterly absurd.

A peaceful protester was murdered. She was not antifa. Screaming antifa doesn't make that go away, it just make you look bad.

InTheTrees wrote: »
    Sorry...what?

Up until what elections are you talking about?
    Hopefully you're not suggesting 2016 because that would be...embarrassing.

There were programs before the elections saying that the KKK were on the decline. I didn't say they were never talked about

Exactly, against assholes because they are assholes, not because of what they claim to follow or say they believe in.

The same individual type is in both but they just ended up on different sides.

Millwall Vs Chelsea hoods and Chelsea claiming to be better 'cause...

For Reals wrote: »
    What was the side against equality for gay couples that might have changed the minds of the decent humans who supported it? Was it fair and equitable for all?

your ignoring my point and actually helping me proving it.

there was no debate allowed is the point and anyone who tried to have one was shouted down

and im equating that to the viscous conflicts that are arising in america .

thats not politics its just thuggery on both sides

Danzy wrote: »

You're not far off the mark.
    People have more access to information than ever before. Therefore they have access to all points of view and would form their own from that.
    So obviously we see a rise in fear, a backlash from the vested interests reliant on the status quo to remain as is or roll back.
    The last move in that regard would be to dispute or dismiss news as 'Fake' and excuse far right racists as a result of too much equality.
    It would be laughably transparent if not happening in front of our very eyes.

Up until the elections you wouldn't really hear of KKK/Nazis in America but then...

40,000 Klansmen parading down Pennsylvania avenue in Washington DC.

In the 1920's

Antifa don't engage in terrorism. The comparisons being made are absurd.

Again, I don't agree with how they do things, but the false equivalence being drawn is utterly absurd.

A peaceful protester was murdered. She was not antifa. Screaming antifa doesn't make that go away, it just make you look bad.

So why are they now classed as domestic terrorists in New Jersey?

40,000 Klansmen parading down Pennsylvania avenue in Washington DC.

In the 1920's

Are you mental, we all know the history I was referring to recent years. The KKK was reported to be on the decline

• Advertisement

There was a shit ton of debate re: water protests and gay marriage. How the hell anyone could have missed it is beyond me.

It's not remotely in the same league.

no there wasn't

in reality anyone that didn't agree with the protest groups were shouted down

thats really what happened

celebrating the successes doesn't negate the tactics used to achieve them

So why are they now classed as domestic terrorists in New Jersey?

In New Jersey? Thats it? New Jersey............

How many people have died in Antifa terror attacks?

Again, Nazi's killed someone, and all you can do is talk about Antifa. The apologetics is getting sad at this point. This kind nonsense about both side being as bad as one another, when objectively one is far far worse has gotten out of hand.

your ignoring my point and actually helping me proving it.

there was no debate allowed is the point and anyone who tried to have one was shouted down

and im equating that to the viscous conflicts that are arising in america .

thats not politics its just thuggery on both sides

Actually the only comparison is some folks wanted equality for Gay couples and others didn't.
    Some wanted equality for all and some didn't.
    Personally I can't conceive of an argument or discussion that would make me want to keep sections of society down based on hate. We all are well aware of how hateful institutions fearful of equality can be.
    'thuggery on both sides' in WW2 also, what's your point here?

You're not far off the mark.
    People have more access to information than ever before. Therefore they have access to all points of view and would form their own from that.
    So obviously we see a rise in fear, a backlash from the vested interests reliant on the status quo to remain as is or roll back.
    The last move in that regard would be to dispute or dismiss news as 'Fake' and excuse far right racists as a result of too much equality.
    It would be laughably transparent if not happening in front of our very eyes.

No one not even Trump excused the far right racists. He condemned all sides because there was violence from both sides. Although legally the far right racists were in the right because they had a permit to be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

no there wasn't

in reality anyone that didn't agree with the protest groups were shouted down

thats really what happened

celebrating the successes doesn't negate the tactics used to achieve them

That's absolute bollocks.

The were endless radio and TV debates/shows etc re: Irish Water and Gay Marriage.

However, there weren't any running battles in the streets between supporters of Irish Water or those against it, nor was there any public confrontations between those for or against gay marriage.

It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even the same game FFS.

No one not even Trump excused the far right racists.

Yes, he did, by drawing a false equivalence, one side engaged in terrorism and the other didn't and also calling Nazi's fine people. Explain how there fine people, please.
    He condemned all sides because there was violence from both sides.

One side engaged in terrorism and the other didn't. No comparison.
    Although legally the far right racists were in the right because they had a permit to be there.

Terrorism isn't legal ;).

• Advertisement

No one not even Trump excused the far right racists. He condemned all sides because there was violence from both sides. Although legally the far right racists were in the right because they had a permit to be there.

Condemning all sides equally was supporting the Nazi/white supremacists by putting them on par with people protesting against hate/fascism.

Seriously, if it went off peacefully we'd have racists on one side and those for equality on the other. Just folks on the same moral level out for a stroll?
    Citing Trump as a voice of reason is shameful.

In New Jersey? Thats it? New Jersey............

How many people have died in Antifa terror attacks?

Again, Nazi's killed someone, and all you can do is talk about Antifa. The apologetics is getting sad at this point. This kind nonsense about both side being as bad as one another, when objectively one is far far worse has gotten out of hand.

A man who had mental health problems & an unhealthy appetite for Nazi ran down the people & he will get jail.
    Antifa on the other hand are lucky they haven't killed anyone, throwing homemade bombs of M80 grenades in glass bottles.
    Antifa started the violence when they started attacking Trump supporters going to his rallies to spare me the "antifa are the good guys" speech

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

We all heard about the fellow that was fired from google recently , there were planned ( March on google ) protests this weekend that have now being called off for the moment due to left wing threats.
    [font=Georgia, Times, sans-serif]The "March on Google" protest scheduled to take place in multiple cities across the US this weekend has been cancelled.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times, sans-serif]In a statement on its official website, organisers claimed they had received "credible" terrorist threats from what they described as "known Alt Left terrorist groups," and were cancelling the march due to concerns "for the safety of our citizen participants

http://uk.businessinsider.com/march-on-google-protest-cancelled-alleged-alt-left-terror-threats-2017-8?r=US&IR=T[/font]

Yes, he did, by drawing a false equivalence, one side engaged in terrorism and the other didn't and also calling Nazi's fine people. Explain how there fine people, please.

One side engaged in terrorism and the other didn't. No comparison.

Terrorism isn't legal ;).

He didn't say Nazi's were fine people. He said there were fine people on both sides. You do realise it was a unite the right march? Not all there were nazi/kkk etc
    One guy committed a so called terrorist attack. I bet when its a Muslim you start shouted " its not all Muslims "

Actually the only comparison is some folks wanted equality for Gay couples and others didn't.
    Some wanted equality for all and some didn't.
    Personally I can't conceive of an argument or discussion that would make me want to keep sections of society down based on hate. We all are well aware of how hateful institutions fearful of equality can be.
    'thuggery on both sides' in WW2 also, what's your point here?

again your missing my point

any attempt at discussion was shouted down and people were accused of all sorts simply for not being pro enough

i feel ive been very clear on this point (3rd or 4th time now )

thee was lots of street violence and political violence in pre world war two Europe too is that where we are heading ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ok

groups who define them self's as " mass social movements"

ie but not limited to

My evidence is first hand personal experiences and observations with water protesters gay marriage black lives matter american nationalists antifa pro and anti islam groups pro and anti trump groups pro life and repeal the 8th groups supports of all irish political parties etc etc etc

So any group that falls under the umbrella of "mass social movement" as defined by you? That's convenient for you.

You are basically generalising every group campaigning for social progress from hard left anarchists to moderate marriage equality campaigners into one homogenous group. You don't see a problem with that at all?

By your logic every conservative is the same as a Nazi. They aren't.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

A man who had mental health problems & an unhealthy appetite for Nazi ran down the people & he will get jail.

When, the terrorist is "white", there mentally ill. FFS, that nonsense being trotted out is getting old.

You guys need to starting "Radical Neo Nazi Terrorism" ;).

Again, the excuses are beyond pathetic. The lev
    el of apologetics for Nazi's is truly breath taking.
    Antifa on the other hand are lucky they haven't killed anyone, throwing homemade bombs of M80 grenades in glass bottles.

As compared to slitting someone throat, or shooting an Indian man, or walking into a church and killing Black parishioners, or walking into Mosque and killing parishioners (added bonus, Donald and Donald Jnr, blamed Muslims on that, when the terrorist was a Trump and LePen supporter), or walking into a Gudware and killing parishoners. There is no comparison at all between the 2.

The obsessive whataboutism is beyond tiresome.
    Antifa started the violence when they started attacking Trump supporters going to his rallies to spare me the "antifa are the good guys" speech

I never said they were good guys. Also, again the Nazi Trump supporters have killed people, and have engaged in multiple terror attacks. Blaming Antifa is beyond pathetic.

Your Trump loving Neo Nazi, used the exact same tactics as an ISIS terrorist, and all we are hearing is excuse after excuse for him and his ilk.

Antifa isn't a get out of jail free card.

We all heard about the fellow that was fired from google recently , there were planned ( March on google ) protests this weekend that have now being called off for the moment due to left wing threats.

Look it's within the interest of the racists to group every non-racist into a big ball of fringe left.
    At the end of the day the white supremacists are wrong. All violence is wrong. It's ideology here, no matter how much 'whatabout' the racists can muster.

You are coming across as an apologist for the ALT-Right with that post, IMO.
    No true racist etc etc? coupled with a supposin'. Pretty poor.

He didn't say Nazi's were fine people. He said there were fine people on both sides. You do realise it was a unite the right march? Not all there were nazi/kkk etc

If you're walking along with a group of people chanting "jews will not replace us" and carrying nazi flags then you're either a nazi or a nazi sympathiser.

Condemning all sides equally was supporting the Nazi/white supremacists by putting them on par with people protesting against hate/fascism.

Seriously, if it went off peacefully we'd have racists on one side and those for equality on the other. Just folks on the same moral level out for a stroll?
    Citing Trump as a voice of reason is shameful.

So you dont see Antifa calling all Trump supporters or anyone carrying an American flag a racist/fascist & that its OK to punch/kill said racist/fascist?
    You haven't seen BLM members calling for the end of the white race & white women to abort their babies??
    2 sides of the same coin I'm afraid

So, best case scenario, is that people were ok marching with Nazi's :D. You have some low standards.
    One guy committed a so called terrorist attack. I bet when its a Muslim you start shouted " its not all Muslims "

I didn't blame all white people, which would be the equivalent comparison to what you state.

For example, I hold all members of ISIS responsible for there terror attacks, and the same goes for Nazi's. Those 2 are comparable groups.

again your missing my point

any attempt at discussion was shouted down and people were accused of all sorts simply for not being pro enough

i feel ive been very clear on this point (3rd or 4th time now )

thee was lots of street violence and political violence in pre world war two Europe too is that where we are heading ?

What discussion? We heard from the Conservative church folk. There in no argument for inequality.
    Talk like 'Thuggery on both sides' puts Nazis on par with everyone else. You should see that.

If you're walking along with a group of people chanting "jews will not replace us" and carrying nazi flags then you're either a nazi or a nazi sympathiser.

There are plenty of independent journalists who get called racist just for being there. It was a unite the right march there were other groups like the proud boys were going to be there but they pulled out. Again not all went with swastikas or hoods & not all chanted racist slogans

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ahh grand so its actually okay then to consider Hitler and his generals heros because of their military accomplishments?

I can think of two German monuments off the top of my head which have been causing discussion recently. One is a monument to the visit of Herman Goerring in a town he founded (reclaimed land) in about 1935, the other a statue of a German private put up in the Netherlands. The one has nothing to do with the war at all, and just relates to the town's creation.
    The other was because the soldier saved the lives of two Dutch children and died. The controversy in that one is obviously because the soldier was part of the occupying army.

General monuments such as the one to U-boat crews seem much less controversial.

So you dont see Antifa calling all Trump supporters or anyone carrying an American flag a racist/fascist & that its OK to punch/kill said racist/fascist?

The only people killing anyone, are the Nazi's from those 2 groups.
    You haven't seen BLM members calling for the end of the white race & white women to abort their babies??

Bull****. Care to show me where the BLM leadership have said any such thing?

• Advertisement

If this guy is guilty and it looks like it, I have no problem with him getting the Chair.

This escalation of Street Violence has really kicked off since Berkley and Antifa's rampage there against an obnoxious peroxide twat.

That they were allowed do that signaled that there was a free for all and given that the Antifa tend to be more middle/upper class and their opponents working class the pendulum has since swung the other way. That will swing back as they escalate in return.

The assholes on the other side topped it last weekend, not for want the other side didn't get the same result before hand.

They'll keep at it because it makes them relevant, it makes them feel alive, the like the control and the fear they instill on others and they have it well thought out.

Remember Antifa and their Fascists twins each come from a school of politics that grew together, and each killed tens of millions, the most murderous belief systems in history are their corner stones.

So, best case scenario, is that people were ok marching with Nazi's :D. You have some low standards.

I didn't blame all white people, which would be the equivalent comparison to what you state.

For example, I hold all members of ISIS responsible for there terror attacks, and the same goes for Nazi's. Those 2 are comparable groups.

Not if your an Antifa member the lines between white & racist get blurred

2 sides of the same coin I'm afraid

You seem obsessed with using 'antifa' as a beard for defending white supremacists.
    Is Jimmy Fallon Antifa? I mean he gave a great monologue the other night condemning the racists.
    I think Trump supporters can think on their decisions themselves.

It'll really stick it to the 'Antifa' if there were no fascists wouldn't it? That'd show them :rolleyes:
    We've seen the results of the fasicts getting their way...

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

It's bizarre that this needs to be spelled out to anyone with the intelligence to type a post without drooling on their keyboard, but:

It was a fascist rally.

If you genuinely believe that it's acceptable to march alongside people waving actual f*cking swastikas, while thinking "I'm not a Nazi, but..." then you need to have a long, hard look at yourself followed by a bit of historical research.

Non-fascists don't attend fascist rallies. "Fine people" don't attend fascist rallies. Stop making excuses for fascists.
    That's a completely bizarre comparison. Are you seriously arguing that your average Nazi is a decent bloke, and that there are just a few bad apples?

I don't know what's going on in the world. There are people on an Irish website defending fascists. They'll claim they're not, but hey: I guess we're in a post-fact world.

Not if your an Antifa member the lines between white & racist get blurred

Yet, its the Nazi's killing people. Go figure..........

I have yet to see Antifa going around attacking and killing random white people.

On the other hand Nazi/White supremacists, do go around killing non-white (and white people who disagree with them) all the damn time. I gave multiple example of them doing exactly that.

That's absolute bollocks.

The were endless radio and TV debates/shows etc re: Irish Water and Gay Marriage.

However, there weren't any running battles in the streets between supporters of Irish Water or those against it, nor was there any public confrontations between those for or against gay marriage.

It's not even in the same ballpark. It's not even the same game FFS.

Once again , the point is that no debate was allowed because of aggressiveness from one side

do you want me to post the links of meter installers and garda being attacked harassed and intimidated by violent aggressive and thuggish protesters ?

you seem fixated of the gay marriage issue . it was the least contested of the many examples i offered ill agree but my point still stands as i made it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Akrasia wrote: »
    People talk about free speech, When fascists have free speech, they use it to take power and then shut down free speech for everyone but themselves.

There are more than enough historical examples of this happening for it to be in any doubt.
    Fascist have in the past and continue to spread their ideology.
    It doesn't spread past a tiny tiny minority because their ideas are so abhorrent.
    Antifa falsely attributes this to their violent actions, they're largely irrelevant.
    Antifa don't engage in terrorism.
    Yes they do, they use violence and intimation in pursuit of a political aim.

Yes they do, they use violence and intimation in pursuit of a political aim.

Against armed fascists, and not civilians.

The only people killing anyone, are the Nazi's from those 2 groups.

Bull****. Care to show me where the BLM leadership have said any such thing?

Plenty of examples online if you care to look

• Advertisement

You seem obsessed with using 'antifa' as a beard for defending white supremacists.
    Is Jimmy Fallon Antifa? I mean he gave a great monologue the other night condemning the racists.
    I think Trump supporters can think on their decisions themselves.

It'll really stick it to the 'Antifa' if there were no fascists wouldn't it? That'd show them :rolleyes:
    We've seen the results of the fasicts getting their way...

Who defending white supremacists?? What I'm saying is that both sides are equally as bad as each other. The rise of the alt right/kkk etc is down to the likes of antifa attacking innocent people going to rallies or conferences
    We've seen the results of communism as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement