Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right-wing vs. Left-wing Clashes [MOD NOTE POST #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Fascist have in the past and continue to spread their ideology.
    It doesn't spread past a tiny tiny minority because their ideas are so abhorrent.
    Antifa falsely attributes this to their violent actions, they're largely irrelevant.

Yes they do, they use violence and intimation in pursuit of a political aim.

If the Extreme Alt Right had 10 million dollars to spend on a marketing campaign they would create Antifa.

1000 assholes out of a country of 310 million gather and it is made out as if it is bigger than some wars have been.

A toxic spat between privileged twats who love street fighting and being edgy and who want meaning in their life and look back to past ideologies, the most blood drenched of them, to give them justification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,602 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

mynamejeff wrote: »
    Once again , the point is that no debate was allowed because of aggressiveness from one side

You're wrong.
    do you want me to post the links of meter installers and garda being attacked harassed and intimidated by violent aggressive and thuggish protesters ?

The vast, vast, VAST majority of protests passed off peacefully and most protesters simply didn't pay their bills. Job done.
    you seem fixated of the gay marriage issue . it was the least contested of the many examples i offered ill agree but my point still stands as i made it.

You brought it up in a completely false equivalent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

oscarBravo wrote: »
    It's bizarre that this needs to be spelled out to anyone with the intelligence to type a post without drooling on their keyboard, but:

It was a fascist rally.

If you genuinely believe that it's acceptable to march alongside people waving actual f*cking swastikas, while thinking "I'm not a Nazi, but..." then you need to have a long, hard look at yourself followed by a bit of historical research.

Non-fascists don't attend fascist rallies. "Fine people" don't attend fascist rallies. Stop making excuses for fascists. That's a completely bizarre comparison. Are you seriously arguing that your average Nazi is a decent bloke, and that there are just a few bad apples?

I don't know what's going on in the world. There are people on an Irish website defending fascists. They'll claim they're not, but hey: I guess we're in a post-fact world.

Interesting point:
    Does one man, dressed as Hitler, doing the nazi / hitler thing and attending a rally make it a Nazi rally?

Where is the tipping point?

I guess we'll never really know now, since the facts will have been twisted to suit either right or left's side, but just how many people were at the rally, flying swastikas and chanting Juden raus?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

wes wrote: »
    Against armed fascists, and not civilians.

how come the armed facists didnt open fire ?

seems like they would have right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

Fascist have in the past and continue to spread their ideology.
    It doesn't spread past a tiny tiny minority because their ideas are so abhorrent.
    Antifa falsely attributes this to their violent actions, they're largely irrelevant.

Yes they do, they use violence and intimation in pursuit of a political aim.

Um it has on several occasions and caused millions upon millions of deaths... They are currently attempting to spread their ideas again and have some sympathetic ears in the white house and a president largely unwilling to come out strongly against them.

Even without spreading the cause further far right terrorists have caused multiple deaths (of course in each case they are simply called mentally unwell). See mosque in Canada, this rally, the church in Charlotteville. ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

So you agree that they are terrorists.
    But now you're claiming that the people that they target aren't civilians? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

It's bizarre that this needs to be spelled out to anyone with the intelligence to type a post without drooling on their keyboard, but:

It was a fascist rally.

If you genuinely believe that it's acceptable to march alongside people waving actual f*cking swastikas, while thinking "I'm not a Nazi, but..." then you need to have a long, hard look at yourself followed by a bit of historical research.

Non-fascists don't attend fascist rallies. "Fine people" don't attend fascist rallies. Stop making excuses for fascists. That's a completely bizarre comparison. Are you seriously arguing that your average Nazi is a decent bloke, and that there are just a few bad apples?

I don't know what's going on in the world. There are people on an Irish website defending fascists. They'll claim they're not, but hey: I guess we're in a post-fact world.

It was not a fascist march it was meant to be a unite the right march. Groups like the proud boys & patriot prayer were meant to be at it but pulled out when the mayor started messing about with the permit
    Not defending fascists/racists or anything else but why are people giving antifa who are actual fascists a pass?

Yet, its the Nazi's killing people. Go figure..........

I have yet to see Antifa going around attacking and killing random white people.

On the other hand Nazi/White supremacists, do go around killing non-white (and white people who disagree with them) all the damn time. I gave multiple example of them doing exactly that.

But antifa do go around attacking random white people at these events

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,320 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Help!!!! wrote: »
    We've seen the results of communism as well

Being Antifa does not = being pro communism

Thats a lazy deflection used by the alt-right to describe anyone who disagrees with them.

Ultimately Antifa and the Nazis despise each other for picking the other side, given the mentality of the two is so similar that is going to lead to a lot of bitterness and we see that.

• Advertisement

Really? Berkeley? Many Trump rallies they attacked his supporters. It took a while for the Trump supporters to fight back

VinLieger wrote: »

Thats a lazy deflection used by the alt-right to describe anyone who disagrees with them.

Really? well they seem to be suckers for the ole communist flags

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

VinLieger wrote: »

Most of them are communists and anarchists. The ones I know have extreme disdain for liberals because liberals wag their fingers at the violence they commit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

It was not a fascist march it was meant to be a unite the right march. Groups like the proud boys & patriot prayer were meant to be at it but pulled out when the mayor started messing about with the permit
    Not defending fascists/racists or anything else but why are people giving antifa who are actual fascists a pass?

What is it about Antifa that makes them fascists in your view? Because they use violence for political means?
    Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce, that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

Antifa are not authoritarian. Antifa are not nationalists. Antifa are not using violence to topple the democratic system and install a dictator. Antifa do not want to create a government that controls industry and commerce.

Antifa use violence against fascists.

I DO NOT approve of their uses of violence. I do not approve of anyone's use of violence, ever. This false equivalency between Antifa and fascists needs to stop. Criticise their methods, but do not equate them with fascists, it's complete and total nonsense.

Again: a Nazi killed a protester at a white supremacist march. That's what happened. The Nazi who drove the car is to blame. The other Nazis and white supremacists in the march share some blame. The woman who was killed shares zero blame.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

marcus001 wrote: »
    Most of them are communists and anarchists. The ones I know have extreme disdain for liberals because liberals wag their fingers at the violence they commit.

Most of them are anarchists.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    What is it about Antifa that makes them fascists in your view? Because they use violence for political means?

Antifa are not authoritarian. Antifa are not nationalists. Antifa are not using violence to topple the democratic system and install a dictator. Antifa do not want to create a government that controls industry and commerce.

I DO NOT approve of their uses of violence. I do not approve of anyone's use of violence, ever. This false equivalency between Antifa and fascists needs to stop. Criticise their methods, but do not equate them with fascists, it's complete and total nonsense.

Again: a Nazi killed a protester at a white supremacist march. That's what happened. The Nazi who drove the car is to blame. The other Nazis and white supremacists in the march share some blame. The woman who was killed shares zero blame.

Antifa want to shut down free speech, they will attack to stop free speech seems

" forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism "

Antifa want to shut down free speech, they will attack to stop free speech seems

But they don't want to shut down free speech. They protest against fascists.

Free speech goes both ways. You're entirely free to speak and I'm entirely free to tell you you're wrong.

You are wrong. Even if they did fulfill this criteria, they fail the fascist test because they don't want to set up an authoritarian system of government with a dictator at the top. That's what fascists are all about. This is not complicated at all.

they/them/theirs

Most of them are anarchists.

They are just people who ended up on that authoritarian, control freak side as opposed to the like of the fascists they fight who ended up on the other.

Having lived in America, Germany and here in Ireland and been involved in left wing activism in all of them, the amount of Anarchists I have met who hadn't it made before they ever grew up at all, is very small.

Given the similarity between the two, how can you oppose one and not the other.

If either side came to power they would have you and I in a camp, maybe me first but you would end up there as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

What do you think of the driver. Does he take any responsibility for mowing down those people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What do you think of the driver. Does he take any responsibility for mowing down those people?

And the award for most disingenuous question of the day goes to

• Advertisement

But they don't want to shut down free speech. They protest against fascists.

Free speech goes both ways. You're entirely free to speak and I'm entirely free to tell you you're wrong.

You are wrong. Even if they did fulfill this criteria, they fail the fascist test because they don't want to set up an authoritarian system of government with a dictator at the top. That's what fascists are all about. This is not complicated at all.

Yes you are well within your rights to say anyone is wrong but antifa do not give they other side a chance to speak plenty of examples online. Is Milo a fascist?? No! Ben Shapiro?? NO!
    The attack people wanting to hear the talks & also cause thousands of $ of damage
    They are the ones being fascists whether it fulfill your criteria or not

Danzy wrote: »
    They are just people who ended up on that authoritarian, control freak side as opposed to the like of the fascists they fight who ended up on the other.

Having lived in America, Germany and here in Ireland and been involved in left wing activism in all of them, the amount of Anarchists I have met who hadn't it made before they ever grew up at all, is very small.

Given the similarity between the two, how can you oppose one and not the other.

If either side came to power they would have you and I in a camp, maybe me first but you would end up there as well.

How many times do I need to say that I don't support Antifa's methods? I share their opposition to fascists though.

Most of them are anarchists, who are anti authoritarian. Repeating the false equivalency doesn't make it true.

they/them/theirs

It depends on which person he was at the time, seeing as he has schizophrenia;)
    But seriously he will get what he deserves

Yes you are well within your rights to say anyone is wrong but antifa do not give they other side a chance to speak plenty of examples online. Is Milo a fascist?? No! Ben Shapiro?? NO!
    The attack people wanting to hear the talks & also cause thousands of $ of damage
    They are the ones being fascists whether it fulfill your criteria or not

It's not my criteria. I didn't make up the definition for who is or is not a fascist.

You're calling them fascists with no basis in fact. Being violent politically doesn't make you a fascist. It's a complete over simplification to believe it does.

they/them/theirs

How many times do I need to say that I don't support Antifa's methods? I share their opposition to fascists though.

Most of them are anarchists, who are anti authoritarian. Repeating the false equivalency doesn't make it true.

I think most share their opposition of fascists but they calling everyone that they disagree with fascists & then attacking them is not the way to go about it

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Fascism /ˈfæʃɪzəm/ is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and control of industry and commerce, that came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.

"" What is it about Antifa that makes them fascists in your view? ""

I know you directed that question at another poster,  But I ll sum it up as best as I can why I see them as fascists.

( 1 ) Refusal to accept democratic outcome of a election + violently targeting opposition.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In the last year political violence against Trump supporters has being normalised people have physically attacked for supporting Trump/wearing Trump t shirts/ physically attacked  for wanting to go hear pro trump speakers at their local college/local uni/ pro Trump speakers have being targeted with violence + riots in the streets to prevent their speaking engagement going ahead, Antifa rioted in the streets when Trump was inaugurated Imagine back when Obama was 1st inaugurated in 2009, imagine if an extreme right wing group rioted in the streets , imagine if an extreme right wing group violently attacked Obama supporters everytime there was a pro Obama rally, the extreme right wing group would be called out for being fascists + rightly so. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425359.jpg[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425361.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 2 ) Wearing of mask while engaging in their actions.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]What other extremists wears masks ? I can think of two the KKK + Isis.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425363.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 3 ) Recent G20 riots.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If a right wing group rioted in the streets at the recent G20 they d be called out as fascists.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 4 ) Using Violence/Intimidation To Stop Debate[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This has been seen both here + in the Usa a debate or a public meeting is called to discuss an Issue be it Immigration policy or a right wing speaker is invited to give a speech at a college, in the past they have disrupted meetings + rioted in the street to stop stuff from going ahead as seen in Berkeley a few months ago, take for example the abortion debate/repeal etc, abortion is another touchy issue, but lets ask the question when was the last time pro life groups used violence/Intimidation to stop debates on abortion from going ahead ? if you use violence to stop democratic debates from taking place you re a fascist in my eyes .[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I think most share their opposition of fascists but they calling everyone that they disagree with fascists & then attacking them is not the way to go about it

Precisely. Because it's fascist in nature

I never said you support them, I also share their opposition to fascists, many of them are Anarchists, many are Anarcho-Communists, some Socialists. some from different strains of Communism and on and on.

There is a belief in thought control, social control and there certainly is authoritarianism there, a love of display and violence as a pure act. FFS :) Christ said "love one another as I loved you" and look at how that turned out among his most ardent followers.

Those pricks want to claim the definition of being Anti Fascist for their own use and advancement and benefit.

If you see the Klan types fighting Antifa and you are anywhere on the left, run into that fight and light up both sides. Privileged pricks on either side getting their rocks off. The differences are academic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Who defending white supremacists?? What I'm saying is that both sides are equally as bad as each other. The rise of the alt right/kkk etc is down to the likes of antifa attacking innocent people going to rallies or conferences
    We've seen the results of communism as well

You seem to be. By (yourself and Trump) putting white supremacists on a par with people who protested against hate. Like both sides are decent moral folk simply with different views.

Trying to blame 'antifa' for the rise in the ALT-Right racists is frankly obscene.
    These white supremacists are fighting against equality and using fear and hate to do so. How exactly are both sides 'as bad as each other'? If one side win out we may see concentration camps and butchering. If the other win out we'll see equality.
    As for the 'antifa', they are a group you have issue with and that's fine but the attempt to whittle this down to the KK vs. Antifa is pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

ezra_ wrote: »
    Interesting point:
    Does one man, dressed as Hitler, doing the nazi / hitler thing and attending a rally make it a Nazi rally?

I guess we'll never really know now, since the facts will have been twisted to suit either right or left's side, but just how many people were at the rally, flying swastikas and chanting Juden raus?
    It was not a fascist march it was meant to be a unite the right march.

OK, enough with the mealy-mouthed crap. It's been posted before, but it's worth showing again:

DCfZtOrXkAANJi6.jpg

This was a fascist rally. If you try to claim it wasn't, you're just making yourself look stupid.

"" What is it about Antifa that makes them fascists in your view? ""

I know you directed that question at another poster,  But I ll sum it up as best as I can why I see them as fascists.

( 1 ) Refusal to accept democratic outcome of a election + violently targeting opposition.

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In the last year political violence against Trump supporters has being normalised people have physically attacked for supporting Trump/wearing Trump t shirts/ physically attacked  for wanting to go hear pro trump speakers at their local college/local uni/ pro Trump speakers have being targeted with violence + riots in the streets to prevent their speaking engagement going ahead, Antifa rioted in the streets when Trump was inaugurated Imagine back when Obama was 1st inaugurated in 2009, imagine if an extreme right wing group rioted in the streets , imagine if an extreme right wing group violently attacked Obama supporters everytime there was a pro Obama rally, the extreme right wing group would be called out for being fascists + rightly so. [/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425359.jpg[/font]
    [font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425361.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 2 ) Wearing of mask while engaging in their actions.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]What other extremists wears masks ? I can think of two the KKK + Isis.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]425363.jpg[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 3 ) Recent G20 riots.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]If a right wing group rioted in the streets at the recent G20 they d be called out as fascists.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]( 4 ) Using Violence/Intimidation To Stop Debate[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This has been seen both here + in the Usa a debate or a public meeting is called to discuss an Issue be it Immigration policy or a right wing speaker is invited to give a speech at a college, in the past they have disrupted meetings + rioted in the street to stop stuff from going ahead as seen in Berkeley a few months ago, take for example the abortion debate/repeal etc, abortion is another touchy issue, but lets ask the question when was the last time pro life groups used violence/Intimidation to stop debates on abortion from going ahead ? if you use violence to stop democratic debates from taking place you re a fascisr in my eyes .[/font]

All very interesting.

Simple test to see if someone is a fascist:

Do they want to create an authoritarian state based on a fascist model? If the answers no, then they're not fascists.

Antifa fail this test. Using violence for political means DOES NOT make you a fascist. Simples.

Castigate them for using violence all you want, I'll probably agree. But stop calling them fascists.

they/them/theirs

For Reals wrote: »
    You are. By (yourself and Trump) putting white supremacists on a par with people who protested against hate.

Trying to blame 'antifa' for the rise in the ALT-Right racists is frankly obscene.
    These white supremacists are fighting against equality and using fear and hate to do so. How exactly are both sides 'as bad as each other'? If one side win out we may see concentration camps and butchering. If the other win out we'll see equality.
    As for the 'antifa', they are a group you have issue with and that's fine.

Protesting against hate by using violence & hate speech against that group. By using homemade flame throwers, by throwing m80s inside glass bottles are just some of the things that put them on a par
    And again whether you agree or disagree with them the alt right had a permit to march so legally they were in the right

I agree. I don't think they do that though. The probably over use the term fascist, in fact I'm pretty sure they do.

This doesn't make them fascists though. Can we agree?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

You're describing anti fascists as fascists. The definition of fascism is included below
    FASCISM often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition. - Merriam Webster Dictionary

So firstly, people who advocate Nazism are the very definition of fascist. I'm not really sure how you've leaped to a conclusion that they aren't. You object to them being called fascist while claim the anti-fascist movement which clearly don't meet the definition of fascist are in fact the fascists.

Nobody who attends a rally where people are marching and shouting "Blood and Soil", racist and antisemitic epitaphs can claim not to be supportive of a fascist goal. There is not a single person who attended that rally that are innocent. And this isn't just Left wing people who are saying this. Examples include Paul Ryan, Mike Pence, Will Hurd....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

ezra_ wrote: »
    Interesting point:

FYI: If you are in a march organised by white supremacists and some fellow marchers are waving swastikas and everyone seems a might pasty in complexion, you just might be...in a racist Nazi march.

There's only one side, the morally right side.
    You are either for the white supremacists or against. It really is that clear cut.

The media didn't create the video/photos/murder. There were no 'nice' Nazis minding their own. There are no good, innocent white supremacists.

• Advertisement

OK, enough with the mealy-mouthed crap. It's been posted before, but it's worth showing again:

DCfZtOrXkAANJi6.jpg

This was a fascist rally. If you try to claim it wasn't, you're just making yourself look stupid.

Really fascist frogs?? They were protesting the taking down of the General Lee statue.Baked alaska is not a nazi or fascist. Richard Spencer yes but the others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Clearly people don't understand what fascism is. Protesting or wearing masks doesn't define you as a fascist.

The traits of fascism are

*Overpowering nationalism
    *Distain for human rights
    *Identifying an enemy and blaming all the problems on that enemy
    *Rampant Sexism
    *Control over the mass media
    *Religion and government intertwined
    *Supremacy of military.
    *Obsession with national security
    *Protection of corporate power
    * Suppression of labour power and unions
    *Distain for the arts and intellectuals
    *Obsession with crime and punishment
    *Rampant cronyism and corruption
    *Creating fraudulent elections

Protesting against hate by using violence & hate speech against that group. By using homemade flame throwers, by throwing m80s inside glass bottles are just some of the things that put them on a par

On a par with gassing 8 million Jews, gypsies, gays, political opponents etc. ? That's what the Nazis did. That's what these people are endorsing by wearing Nazi regalia.
    And again whether you agree or disagree with them the alt right had a permit to march so legally they were in the right

Legally they were in the right. Morally they weren't.

Why are you standing up for white supremacists and Nazis?

they/them/theirs

I agree. I don't think they do that though. The probably over use the term fascist, in fact I'm pretty sure they do.

This doesn't make them fascists though. Can we agree?

OK they are not actual fascists but they are acting very much like fascists
    Its just the same as calling the people at the rally fascists when not all were fascists & not all act like fascists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

DCfZtOrXkAANJi6.jpg

Sorry - I'm not claiming it was a fascist rally, or that it wasn't.

But a poster that has cartoon green frogs on it doesn't confirm that the majority of people out there were fascists/racists.

I lived in the States and went to some Conservative / Republican events (housemate was a leading light in the Mass. Republican movement) and there were often yokel nutjobs there. Take some pictures of those and you'd swear it was a Confederate re-enactment, but the vast majority of people there were just out to support of the oppression of women and the furtherment of God / American morals in everyday life (you can tell I'm not a fan).

Re Charlottesvile, I've seen photos put up on some sites of small groups of people, who aren't in the main body of the march, wearing Nazi regalia and the like.

I've seen many more photos of people in ordinary clothes holding torches - bit freaky but that doesn't make it a fascist march.

I don't agree with much of what was being said at the march, but I seriously don't agree with labeling anyone who is on the American right a fascist, and the tone here seems to be if you don't denounce the right, you are AltRight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Help!!!! wrote:
    Really fascist frogs?? They were protesting the taking down of the General Lee statue.Baked alaska is not a nazi or fascist. Richard Spencer yes but the others?

The poster literally has fasces on it.

Are you being wilfully blind? There's a silhouette of a man giving a Fascist salute on the poster.

they/them/theirs

OK they are not actual fascists but they are acting very much like fascists
    Its just the same as calling the people at the rally fascists when not all were fascists & not all act like fascists

The people at the rally had Swastika flags!!!!!!!!

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Dr Cornel West credits antifa with saving his and some other clergy members lives in Charlottesville after they were attacked by torch wielding nazis.

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/8/14/cornel_west_rev_toni_blackmon_clergy

pitifulgod wrote: »
    You're describing anti fascists as fascists. The definition of fascism is included below

So firstly, people who advocate Nazism are the very definition of fascist. I'm not really sure how you've leaped to a conclusion that they aren't. You object to them being called fascist while claim the anti-fascist movement which clearly don't meet the definition of fascist are in fact the fascists.

Nobody who attends a rally where people are marching and shouting "Blood and Soil", racist and antisemitic epitaphs can claim not to be supportive of a fascist goal. There is not a single person who attended that rally that are innocent. And this isn't just Left wing people who are saying this. Examples include Paul Ryan, Mike Pence, Will Hurd....

Firstly I am honoured that your first post was directed to me.
    I do not object to nazi's being called fascists because they are indeed fascists but antifa are running around like the brown shirts of the 1930s stopping peoples free speech, attacking people who have different views to them etc so maybe by definition they are not fascists but they are acting like fascists
    So when black lives matters march & black people start calling white " crackers " & end the white race etc. All who are marching can collectively be held up as racists?

Firstly I am honoured that your first post was directed to me.
    I do not object to nazi's being called fascists because they are indeed fascists but antifa are running around like the brown shirts of the 1930s stopping peoples free speech, attacking people who have different views to them etc so maybe by definition they are not fascists but they are acting like fascists
    So when black lives matters march & black people start calling white " crackers " & end the white race etc. All who are marching can collectively be held up as racists?

Why are you so intent of defending the fascists?

they/them/theirs

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Clearly people don't understand what fascism is. Protesting or wearing masks doesn't define you as a fascist.

*Rampant Sexism
    *Supremacy of military.

And some of those can be identified with antifa

On a par with gassing 8 million Jews, gypsies, gays, political opponents etc. ? That's what the Nazis did. That's what these people are endorsing by wearing Nazi regalia.

Legally they were in the right. Morally they weren't.

Why are you standing up for white supremacists and Nazis?

& carrying communist flags say you endorse the millions more people killed by the commies
    Not standing up for them but I'm not going to give the other side a free pass when they were in the wrong as well

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

rossie1977 wrote: »

*Rampant Sexism
    *Supremacy of military.

People get confused with their words sometimes. Antifa are not fascist but the way they behave is very fascist-like.

Are you being wilfully blind? There's a silhouette of a man giving a Fascist salute on the poster.

Thats one of the statues they want or have taken down. Didnt realise the confederates were nazis too:eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement