Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right-wing vs. Left-wing Clashes [MOD NOTE POST #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Brian? wrote: »
    The people at the rally had Swastika flags!!!!!!!!

Ok so at an antifa rally you say they are mainly anarchists? So when the commie flag wavers turn up does that mean they have all turned commie?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Fellow who was misidentified as being at the rally has gone into hiding .

https://twitter.com/RedAlert/status/897888191327424515

20Cent wrote: »
    Dr Cornel West credits antifa with saving his and some other clergy members lives in Charlottesville after they were attacked by torch wielding nazis.

https://www.democracynow.org/2017/8/14/cornel_west_rev_toni_blackmon_clergy

Yeah I saw those 2 lying on the news earlier saying that the violence came only from one side. Also they were trying to stop the alt right from getting to the park that they had a permit for. The police was meant to be already there keeping the two sides apart but the mayor & his racist, black supremacy supporting vice mayor had told the cops to stand down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

marcus001 wrote: »
    People get confused with their words sometimes. Antifa are not fascist but the way they behave is very fascist-like.

There are differences of definition but no one could blame the average punter for calling them fascists even though they are not. The intent in the label is correct but the definition maybe not.

The difference if either ever came to power would be negligible.

Why are you so intent of defending the fascists?

Why cant I have a different opinion than you?
    Have you looked at the video evidence of what happened in Charlottesville?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭marcus001

Are you being wilfully blind? There's a silhouette of a man giving a Fascist salute on the poster.

Pretty sure that's just a statue. Plenty of statues like that have outstretched hands, not necessarily a salute. None of the other statues have a hand like that.

Me thinks you're reaching a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Yeah I saw those 2 lying on the news earlier saying that the violence came only from one side. Also they were trying to stop the alt right from getting to the park that they had a permit for. The police was meant to be already there keeping the two sides apart but the mayor & his racist, black supremacy supporting vice mayor had told the cops to stand down

Everyone in lying except the nazis who are famous for their honesty.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

If you are talking about the second statue from the right in the poster, that is the Jefferson Davis monument which was take down in New Orleans a few months ago.

I'm not so sure about what looks like a tank behind the troops and..um.. frogs.. though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

ezra_ wrote: »
    Sorry - I'm not claiming it was a fascist rally, or that it wasn't.

But a poster that has cartoon green frogs on it doesn't confirm that the majority of people out there were fascists/racists.

I lived in the States and went to some Conservative / Republican events (housemate was a leading light in the Mass. Republican movement) and there were often yokel nutjobs there. Take some pictures of those and you'd swear it was a Confederate re-enactment, but the vast majority of people there were just out to support of the oppression of women and the furtherment of God / American morals in everyday life (you can tell I'm not a fan).

Re Charlottesvile, I've seen photos put up on some sites of small groups of people, who aren't in the main body of the march, wearing Nazi regalia and the like.

I've seen many more photos of people in ordinary clothes holding torches - bit freaky but that doesn't make it a fascist march.

I don't agree with much of what was being said at the march, but I seriously don't agree with labeling anyone who is on the American right a fascist, and the tone here seems to be if you don't denounce the right, you are AltRight.

Okay going through the list.

Mike Enoch - White Nationalist
    Richard Spencer - White Supremacist
    Jason Kessler - Organiser and white supremacist
    Augustus Ivictus - He was widely criticized within the Libertarian Party for his use of fascist imagery and history of white nationalist associations, also a Holocaust Denier
    Christopher Cantwell - Features prominently in Vice Documentary on Charlottesville, described dream of an ethnostate, happy out with people being murdered for his ideals too.
    Matt Heimbach - Leads White Nationalist group
    Johnny Monoxide - Appears to write for the Daily Stormer, a Nazi publication who will be picketing the funeral of Heather Heyer
    Pax Dickinson - got fired from as CTO of Business insider for rape jokes and racism
    Michael Hill - White supremacist

Two people that from the list are not self described white supremacists or white nationalists. Plenty advocate the slaughter of non white people. So, no we are not misrepresenting what that rally was. The president and some users on here are happily vilifying the counter protesters. Counter protest is not illegal and frankly it should be applauded when in opposition to fascism.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Of course you can. But if that opinion involves making excuses for fascists, downplaying fascism or pretending that a fascist rally wasn't a fascist rally, you're going to be called on it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The police was meant to be already there keeping the two sides apart but the mayor & his racist, black supremacy supporting vice mayor had told the cops to stand down

Mod note:

Tone down the rhetoric.
    Everyone in lying except the nazis who are famous for their honesty.

Mod note:

Constructive posts only please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Just finished the vice segment on rally. Christopher Cantwell, one of the speakers of the White Supremacist fascist rally who was incredibly open about his beliefs, literally viewed the rally as a 'win'. Since none of their guys died while one of the counter protesters did. The Southern Poverty Law Center have a pretty good summary of his views. This is an example of the views of one of the people they had speaking, all of them hold similar views.
    Cantwell’s violent rhetoric and racist statements have gotten him kicked out of one libertarian organization after another, and with each ouster, he has moved further and further to the right, culminating in his alliance with neo-Nazis and white supremacists, and earning him a loyal, paying audience of haters.

“[M]y goal here is to normalize racism,” he explained to Hatewatch in one of two interviews for this profile. “I'm going to make a commercial enterprise out of saying things that people want to make illegal. I'm going to make a whole ****ing bunch of money doing it. Anybody who gets in my way is going to find themselves in a very long list of people who regretted underestimating me.”

splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/christopher-cantwell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Okay going through the list.

Mike Enoch - White Nationalist
    Richard Spencer - White Supremacist
    Jason Kessler - Organiser and white supremacist
    Augustus Ivictus - He was widely criticized within the Libertarian Party for his use of fascist imagery and history of white nationalist associations, also a Holocaust Denier
    Christopher Cantwell - Features prominently in Vice Documentary on Charlottesville, described dream of an ethnostate, happy out with people being murdered for his ideals too.
    Matt Heimbach - Leads White Nationalist group
    Johnny Monoxide - Appears to write for the Daily Stormer, a Nazi publication who will be picketing the funeral of Heather Heyer
    Pax Dickinson - got fired from as CTO of Business insider for rape jokes and racism
    Michael Hill - White supremacist

Two people that from the list are not self described white supremacists or white nationalists. Plenty advocate the slaughter of non white people. So, no we are not misrepresenting what that rally was. The president and some users on here are happily vilifying the counter protesters. Counter protest is not illegal and frankly it should be applauded when in opposition to fascism.

OK - I stand corrected! None of the names meant anything to me.

I don't disagree with much of what is said here, but I don't like the fact that if you post from a right wing view point, you get lumped in with the Nazis/Facists/nutjobs.

pitifulgod wrote: »
    Just finished the vice segment on rally. Christopher Cantwell, one of the speakers of the White Supremacist fascist rally who was incredibly open about his beliefs, literally viewed the rally as a 'win'. Since none of their guys died while one of the counter protesters did. The Southern Poverty Law Center have a pretty good summary of his views. This is an example of the views of one of the people they had speaking, all of them hold similar views.

Cantwell from the vice video made his own afterwards. He looks like a nervous wreak poor fella.

https://youtu.be/lyeTj002DCo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yes you are well within your rights to say anyone is wrong but antifa do not give they other side a chance to speak plenty of examples online. Is Milo a fascist?? No! Ben Shapiro?? NO!
    The attack people wanting to hear the talks & also cause thousands of $ of damage
    They are the ones being fascists whether it fulfill your criteria or not

Milo was the poster boy for Breitbart News. Breitbart News is 'The platform for the Alt-Right' (according to Bannon).

We all see the 'alt right' for what it is now after the events at the weekend, and the millions of social media posts from 'alt right' people cheering on Donald Trump's equivocation on Nazi terrorists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

People get confused with their words sometimes. Antifa are not fascist but the way they behave is very fascist-like.

Sometimes people like to try and overcomplicate something as a way to avoid the quite clear and terrifying truth. There are three things at the very heart of fascism: fear, control, and power. And if anyone can argue that Antifa isn't the very embodiment of these three things, then I'd like to hear how not.

And really, in my opinion, I think FEAR is the most intoxicating and dangerous element of all. I don't think that most people that align themselves with the left are bad people. Far from it. But I do truly believe that the majority are living their lives in a perpetual state of fear. And not fear of outside forces, but rather forces all around them that are willing to viciously take them down if they don't acquiesce to every last prescribed position on a variety of issues. So what happens? People are afraid. Afraid for their jobs and their careers. Afraid of being isolated. Afraid of being ultimately PERSECUTED. And it could all be for the simple crime of offering an honest opinion on any given matter. Yes, an opinion.

In many ways we are eating ourselves as a society. Too often we self censor, and this serves to only feed the culture of fear. And to embolden those who understand exactly what is going on and who are cynically and often viciously using this platform to get ahead - whether it be politically, professionally, or socially.

So we need to be wise to what is happening all around us. And if we dislike it, if we are fed up of all the fear mongering, name calling, all the viciousness and intolerance, well then we need to speak out against it. Because for every one of use who stays silent, the monster grows.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Have you looked at the video evidence of what happened in Charlottesville?

You can. But it would help if there was some sort of basis in reality for that opinion. You're oddly silent on criticising the actual fascists while comparing Antifa to Fascists.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,606 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Cantwell from the vice video made his own afterwards. He looks like a nervous wreak poor fella.

https://youtu.be/lyeTj002DCo

He wants to peacefully eject all the non whites out of America.

I watched that vice video, he didn't care that poor woman got run down, he seemed ok with lots of other people dying for the cause, but when he thinks he is at risk himself, he cries and pleads for help.

Poor fella, he is trying his hardest to obey the law while exterminating the jews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

It was not a fascist march it was meant to be a unite the right march. Groups like the proud boys & patriot prayer were meant to be at it but pulled out when the mayor started messing about with the permit
    Not defending fascists/racists or anything else but why are people giving antifa who are actual fascists a pass?

Look at the poster and tell me it was not a fascist march

manual_man wrote: »
    Sometimes people like to try and overcomplicate something as a way to avoid the quite clear and terrifying truth. There are three things at the very heart of fascism: fear, control, and power. And if anyone can argue that Antifa isn't the very embodiment of these three things, then I'd like to hear how not.

And really, in my opinion, I think FEAR is the most intoxicating and dangerous element of all. I don't think that most people that align themselves with the left are bad people. Far from it. But I do truly believe that the majority are living their lives in a perpetual state of fear. And not fear of outside forces, but rather forces all around them that are willing to viciously take them down if they don't acquiesce to every last prescribed position on a variety of issues. So what happens? People are afraid. Afraid for their jobs and their careers. Afraid of being isolated. Afraid of being ultimately PERSECUTED. And it could all be for the simple crime of offering an honest opinion on any given matter. Yes, an opinion.

In many ways we are eating ourselves as a society. Too often we self censor, and this serves to only feed the culture of fear. And to embolden those who understand exactly what is going on and who are cynically and often viciously using this platform to get ahead - whether it be politically, professionally, or socially.

So we need to be wise to what is happening all around us. And if we dislike it, if we are fed up of all the fear mongering, name calling, all the viciousness and intolerance, well then we need to speak out against it. Because for every one of use who stays silent, the monster grows.

Did you write this with no sense of irony at all? You want to fight fear mongerint with fear mongering.

I've state led multiple times on this thread why Antifa aren't fascist. Can you rebut anything I've written on it with anything other than fear mongering?

Antifa, amongst others, went to Charlottesville to protest a white supremacist march. They were right to do so. Why do you think they weren't right to stand up to white supremacists?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Did you write this with no sense of irony at all? You want to fight fear mongerint with fear mongering.

I've state led multiple times on this thread why Antifa aren't fascist. Can you rebut anything I've written on it with anything other than fear mongering?

Antifa, amongst others, went to Charlottesville to protest a white supremacist march. They were right to do so. Why do you think they weren't right to stand up to white supremacists?

How on earth can you try to suggest that anything I posted was fear mongering? Are you that in denial about the truth of what is happening in our society???

Just because someone SAYS they are anti this or anti that does that mean to you that they are exempt from criticism or indeed the very laws that are in place to protect us. Are you aware of the term 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. It's really not a very complicated concept: someone pretending to be good when in fact they are the exact opposite. Anybody with their eyes open can see that Antifa is an out of control mob full of bullies. And their numbers have sadly been increasing and their behaviour more unruly and violent. All the while many many people in a position to influence public opinion have either refused to condemn their hateful and intolerant actions, or at best been very reluctant. This is VERY worrying to me. The world I want to live in is one where ALL hatred, bigotry and violence is universally condemned, no matter what banner it's flown under.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Maybe he has no idea of the definitions of fascism, maybe he is using a crude street version of what fascism is.

Ultimately then he maybe correct just because one labels oneself as something doesn't mean that it is correct and given the context it is hard to disagree.

New video puts the "two sides" claims to bed.
    https://twitter.com/TheAnonJournal/status/897876591463813122

How on earth can you try to suggest that anything I posted was fear mongering? Are you that in denial about the truth of what is happening in our society???

"The monster grows"- fear mongering.

I'm in denial about nothing. I just have a different opinion about how society is changing. It's generally changing in wonderful, life affirming ways. With some resistance from the right.
    Just because someone SAYS they are anti this or anti that does that mean to you that they are exempt from criticism or indeed the very laws that are in place to protect us. Are you aware of the term 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. It's really not a very complicated concept: someone pretending to be good when in fact they are the exact opposite. Anybody with their eyes open can see that Antifa is an out of control mob full of bullies. And their numbers have sadly been increasing and their behaviour more unruly and violent. All the while many many people in a position to influence public opinion have either refused to condemn their hateful and intolerant actions, or at best been very reluctant. This is VERY worrying to me. The world I want to live in is one where ALL hatred, bigotry and violence is universally condemned, no matter what banner it's flown under.

Again with he fear mongering. I believe Antifa are anti fascist because they protest at fascist and extreme right marches. Explain how they are bigoted please.

they/them/theirs

Danzy wrote: »
    Maybe he has no idea of the definitions of fascism, maybe he is using a crude street version of what fascism is.

Ultimately then he maybe correct just because one labels oneself as something doesn't mean that it is correct and given the context it is hard to disagree.

Right. So he's right because he's wrong?

they/them/theirs

I shouldn't be laughing. But that guy in the green cycling helmet is the least intimidating Fascist ever.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

Some Trump supporters now rallying for the statue for Vladimir Lenin to be torn down .
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/897905846725746688

Some Trump supporters now rallying for the statue for Vladimir Lenin to be torn down .
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/897905846725746688

It should be torn down.

they/them/theirs

"The monster grows"- fear mongering.

I'm in denial about nothing. I just have a different opinion about how society is changing. It's generally changing in wonderful, life affirming ways. With some resistance from the right.

Again with he fear mongering. I believe Antifa are anti fascist because they protest at fascist and extreme right marches. Explain how they are bigoted please.

No fear mongering. Simply truth telling. I feel like you're trolling. If you want to really educate yourself, then go ahead and do so. The Internet, combined with camera phones, reveal a multitude of things that simply can't be denied. Such as the white supremacist morons preaching their hate at the weekend. And countless instances of Antifa engaging in mob rule, vandalism and violence. But please sir, don't take my word for it, go and find out for yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I guess if an Antifa supporter says it was all one sided, then it must be true.

There's plenty of pictures and videos of both Antifa and Neo-Nazi's/Whitesupremacists/Fascists(delete as appropriate) looking for a fight.
    I think most of us(maybe not you) can agree that the violent types should stay at home.
    Leave the counter protesting to peaceful people, who can send a much more powerful message.

• Advertisement

No fear mongering. Simply truth telling. I feel like you're trolling. If you want to really educate yourself, then go ahead and do so. The Internet, combined with camera phones, reveal a multitude of things that simply can't be denied. Such as the white supremacist morons preaching their hate at the weekend. And countless instances of Antifa engaging in mob rule, vandalism and violence. But please sir, don't take my word for it, go and find out for yourself!

I am not trolling. I have a different opinion to you. I'm quite well educated, thanks.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

I am not trolling. I have a different opinion to you. I'm quite well educated, thanks.
    What's that old saying about an educated Fool ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

It should be torn down.

I'm about a mile north of the lenin statue right now.
    Its a matter for the City Of Seattle. Or the neighbourhood of Fremont. The Fremont area is arty, quirky, its full of bars and restaurants. And yuppies from Amazon and Adobe. There's really no political agenda to it, for instance average home prices in the area are something like $750,000, that gives you an idea of the area. If there's any kind of objections or movement to remove it i'm sure they would.

Its privately owned, bought by some guy from government auctions held by those ex-soviet countries when they were trying to raise money. Its been moved a few times and now is on a side street outside a pizzeria.

Its for sale. $250,000 and its yours.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle

https://goo.gl/maps/RhkDo9K2mEQ2

Seriously? A chap gets fired from Google for being a bit of a sexist and that's making people become neo-Nazis? I've heard it all now.

No one said that. As usual you're just being dramatic to get likes.

What I was getting at is that the negative public reaction to events like the Google memo has certainly emboldened the far right. The far right sees normal people getting angry about what the left and far left are up to and are putting themselves forward as an alternative.

This march was a clear attempt to capitalise on the negative feelings of normal Southerners towards the left who are trying to remove monuments. The more the left does to interfere in areas that concern the average Joe the more hay the far right will make out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

No one said that. As usual you're just being dramatic to get likes.

What I was getting at is that the negative public reaction to events like the Google memo has certainly emboldened the far right. The far right sees normal people getting angry about what the left and far left are up to and are putting themselves forward as an alternative.
    Nah. It's Trump's rhetoric and the GOP's blind eye that has emboldened them.

Oh and this rubbish about the 'Left' is wearing very thin. The 'Left' in the USA is non-existent.

Well that's that put to bed then. Totally put to bed, no further investigation warranted. That 2 minute video gave us everything we needed.

Nah. It's Trump's rhetoric and the GOP's blind eye that has emboldened them.

Oh and this rubbish about the 'Left' is wearing very thin. The 'Left' in the USA is non-existent.

I'd say they've definitely taken some encouragement from the success of Trump. Trump put issues like immigration back on the menu and people went for them, that has to be encouraging for them.

But you seem to be suggesting that they're motivated only by the actions of Trump and not by the actions of their opponents. I think this is a very myopic view. A few weeks ago a Trump supporter was smashed in the head by Antifa with a bike lock. Now they all show up at their marches in helmets. They're evolving before our eyes.

I'm not getting into a pointless argument about whether the left exists or not. You can figure out who I'm referring to from the context.

Well that's that put to bed then. Totally put to bed, no further investigation warranted. That 2 minute video gave us everything we needed.

Do you disagree with the conclusion drawn?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,382 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I'd say they've definitely taken some encouragement from the success of Trump. Trump put issues like immigration back on the menu and people went for them, that has to be encouraging for them.

But you seem to be suggesting that they're motivated only by the actions of Trump and not by the actions of their opponents. I think this is a very myopic view. A few weeks ago a Trump supporter was smashed in the head by Antifa with a bike lock. Now they all show up at their marches in helmets. They're evolving before our eyes.

I'm not getting into a pointless argument about whether the left exists or not. You can figure out who I'm referring to from the context.

No I can't. If you use lazy generalisations without understanding what they mean then that's on you. It's far more nuanced than Left and Right. You either don't understand that or you're being disingenuous to deflect from reality.

• Advertisement

Do you disagree with the conclusion drawn?

It's an inconclusive video so I'm not prepared to agree with a half-baked conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Nazis hold a rally. An actual NAZI RALLY... so we all need to talk about the LEFT?

Not so long ago those on the right used to condemn liberals for their "moral relativism". It was a drum they beat day and night. How the worm has turned.

Not every ying has a yang. Nazis don't. There are no equivalents on the "other side".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,320 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

It's an inconclusive video so I'm not prepared to agree with a half-baked conclusion.

Any chance you'd like to reply to my question about your statement below?
    Its not a monument to his opinions its a monument to his military accomplishments.

Heres the question again below in case you conveniently forgot it
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Ahh grand so its actually okay then to consider Hitler and his generals heros because of their military accomplishments?

I shouldn't be laughing. But that guy in the green cycling helmet is the least intimidating Fascist ever.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    You can literally show them a group of nazi's charging into a crowd attacking them and the answer is but but but antifa. No wonder Donald got elected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
    You can literally show them a group of nazi's charging into a crowd attacking them and the answer is but but but antifa. No wonder Donald got elected.

Well it is the exact same tactics that were employed whenever Trump did something stupid.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

jooksavage wrote: »
    Nazis hold a rally. An actual NAZI RALLY... so we all need to talk about the LEFT?

Not so long ago those on the right used to condemn liberals for their "moral relativism". It was a drum they beat day and night. How the worm has turned.

Not every ying has a yang. Nazis don't. There are no equivalents on the "other side".

I saw this link on another thread. It tallies the actual toll of right-wing violence so far this year, and is probably incomplete.
    In case you have trouble counting, Anon, that’s three four five six seven eight nine ten eleven twelve shootings, three four five six arsons, two three four seven eight nine ten eleven stabbings, two three four five mob beatings, over 40 41 bomb threats and an acid attack by bigots, Islamophobes, nazis and racists so far this year. Eight Nine Eleven Twelve Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen Twenty twenty-one twenty-two twenty-three twenty-four twenty-five twenty-six Twenty-seven Twenty-Eight people are dead because of these bigoted attacks and fifteen twenty-one twenty-two twenty-three twenty-five thirty-five thirty-seven thirty-nine fifty-eight were severely injured.

But it’s anti-fascists that people should be worried about, right?

“you should be branded as terrorists just as much as the KKK“

Really, now? Anti-fascists are as much terrorists as the KKK, a terrorist organization which murdered over 3000 people in lynchings, arsons, bombings, etc. over its 150-year history, are we?

Maybe it’s time you learned about the logical fallacy of false equivalence, Anon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭Christy42

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I saw this link on another thread. It tallies the actual toll of right-wing violence so far this year, and is probably incomplete.

Thanks. I had seen that somewhere and couldn't find it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

So you agree that they are terrorists.
    But now you're claiming that the people that they target aren't civilians? :confused:

The Nazi's went to the march armed to the teeth. The had shield and sticks. There not "peaceful" protesters. They also murdered someone, so there terrorists.

The apologetics for Nazi's again is astonishing. It really is something to behold, the complete and utter moral destruction of the right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

VinLieger wrote: »
    Any chance you'd like to reply to my question about your statement below?

Heres the question again below in case you conveniently forgot it

When I refused to take the bait the first time I assumed you'd give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,320 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

When I refused to take the bait the first time I assumed you'd give up.

Ahh so you agree your logic is flawed and completely bull****

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement