Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The restaurant formally known as Rockin Joes

Options
  • 12-08-2017 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

My missus says rockin joes at wellpark has changed its name, to what? she doesn't know, is this true? is she talkin through her *?!# has the menu changed too.
    Please put my mind at ease iv googled it and it looks like nothing has changed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"formally known as" or "formerly known as" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,553 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think they had minor adjustments to the menu. I know with another one they put up signs saying Shake Dog(or something similar).

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The ones in limerick are called Shake Dog now.

There are also Shake Dogs in the UK, seems to be the same thing.

IMG_0221.jpg

I wouldn't take trip advisor reviews too seriously as they were giving out meal vouchers to anyone who left a five star review.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭FR.Ted Crilly

Victor wrote: »

😂you know you're getting old when that burger joint gets its third name.

Are all of the Rockin' Joes restaurants closed now or just Galway? I've noticed the one on the Eglinton Street corner has been closed for a while now too.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The ones in limerick are called Shake Dog now.

There are also Shake Dogs in the UK, seems to be the same thing.

IMG_0221.jpg

I wouldn't take trip advisor reviews too seriously as they were giving out meal vouchers to anyone who left a five star review.
    I hated early rockin joes, it was just trying to be eddies BUT it was all good in the end.
    my father's day dinner at any restaurant in Galway will change!!!
    Gastro memories is all I have now

Karsini wrote: »
    Are all of the Rockin' Joes restaurants closed now or just Galway? I've noticed the one on the Eglinton Street corner has been closed for a while now too.

Rockin joes main office is in limerick I guess if thy change over to shake dog its only a matter of time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It's the Dunnes that own it. They had a commercial dispute with Eddie Rockets, rebranded, and now rebranded again. The quality has taken a dip across all stores, it's a shame because there really is space in the market here for what they do, and they are not performing well in the last while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

My missus says rockin joes at wellpark has changed its name, to what? she doesn't know, is this true? is she talkin through her *?!# has the menu changed too.
    Please put my mind at ease iv googled it and it looks like nothing has changed.

It has had both "names" Rockin Joes" and "Shake dog" for a many months now.

myshirt wrote: »
    It's the Dunnes that own it. They had a commercial dispute with Eddie Rockets, rebranded, and now rebranded again. The quality has taken a dip across all stores, it's a shame because there really is space in the market here for what they do, and they are not performing well in the last while.

They seem to have put the price of that Mean Meal up from €10 to €13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They seem to have put the price of that Mean Meal up from €10 to €13

In which store, I notice for a while, the two Galway stores have different prices.

The limerick city centre one was €10, but I notice the one outside the city is 2 for €25 and they advertise it as €13 online.

Victor wrote: »

Formerly sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Formerly sorry

Thanks for the formal apology

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I agree. I was a massive fan of Eddie Rockets but cannot eat in Rockin Joes, the quality of everything is only half of what it was. And I have tried several times.
    I have never been able to eat a whole burger in RJ's.

Will give this new place a go and hope they have improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

It's the Dunnes that own it.

Who???

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

Had a coffe in the O'connell street Limerick branch - it was INSTANT. Any diner that sells instant coffee is a disgrace. And their menu has shrunk - no more chili, options, club sandwiches etc . Alas.

Advertisement