Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Callaghan's Garage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Rave.ef wrote: »
    Yeah it's a shame tho. Even a few spots like Garvys centra in dungarvin would be ideal.

Garvey’s is a grand spot.

Did you ever go to Applegreen in Lemybrien?

I found it a bit small for trucks.
    I often stop dar on my way back but u can get cot out easily because u can't see if there's any room until ur in there coming from Waterford. Good spot for grub tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

I often stop dar on my way back but u can get cot out easily because u can't see if there's any room until ur in there coming from Waterford. Good spot for grub tho

Yeah coming in from Kilmacthomas you're effectively on the 'blind side'

I was only there once,it wasn't open very long.

Definitely go in again if i'm down that way with the rig!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Rave.ef

Yeah coming in from Kilmacthomas you're effectively on the 'blind side'

I was only there once,it wasn't open very long.

Definitely go in again if i'm down that way with the rig!
    it's a pity we've to be praising Waterford fule stations on a cork city thread.
    I suppose they on the cork road tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 a25c

Construction work on road to start next week..

a25c wrote: »
    Construction work on road to start next week..

An extra lane where the former forecourt and car dealership was?

• Advertisement

An extra lane where the former forecourt and car dealership was?

Can’t confirm that yet....I can confirm new footpath and railings from Keatings down to garage and a halfing of the footpath width on the other side(where the existing footpath is wide enough) along with two new water mains that will pass through the crossroads towards Dunnes...

Can’t confirm that yet....I can confirm new footpath and railings from Keatings down to garage and a halfing of the footpath width on the other side(where the existing footpath is wide enough) along with two new water mains that will pass through the crossroads towards Dunnes...

From the garage back to keatings will be an interesting challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

Could end up as a tourists attraction. :)

Tom44 wrote: »
    Could end up as a tourists attraction. :)

:pac:

Machines on site tomorrow,preparing compound next door to Lidl...

• Advertisement

Machines on site tomorrow,preparing compound next door to Lidl...

Next to Lidl? :confused:

Next to Lidl? :confused:

Old yard to the left of Lidl,I think Loftus or Transport services where in there years ago...It’s all overgrown now.

Old yard to the left of Lidl,I think Loftus or Transport services where in there years ago...It’s all overgrown now.

Yeah I know it well, what are they doing in there?

Yeah I know it well, what are they doing in there?

Compound..To store materials,site office ,canteen..etc etc..

Compound..To store materials,site office ,canteen..etc etc..

For the O'Callaghan's site?

For the O'Callaghan's site?

No...they are two separate jobs.

No...they are two separate jobs.
    Are they extending Lidl then?

Any movement on making the extra lane on the Ballyhooly road?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Cones all along the road from keatings to the garage and an excavator inside the gate thought there was a big slope down there?

ofcork wrote: »
    Cones all along the road from keatings to the garage and an excavator inside the gate thought there was a big slope down there?

Drove by on Thursday and seen exactly that.

There’s a fierce drop down there.

I’ll watch with interest how it plays out.

Drove by on Thursday and seen exactly that.

There’s a fierce drop down there.

I’ll watch with interest how it plays out.
    Their doing a bit of digging now, but looking like a recipe for subsidence long term.
    Barely any room for the JCB operating parallel to the road, but we'll see.
    But they know more than poor me on what their planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I can't see this working. The logistics of the build look like a nightmare. I know that a lot of contaminated earth had to be taken away to Germany to be dumped. It cost a lot more than the 50k the owner was expecting!

And the road is way too narrow for the expected traffic, Applegreen's notwithstanding. It's supposed to be a drive-through with shop, garage and take-away. I've never seen any kind of planning permission for it. No consultation was done as far as I know. And even with the road-widening from Keating's the traffic will be a nightmare.

I'll grab the popcorn now...

Their doing a bit of digging now, but looking like a recipe for subsidence long term.
    Barely any room for the JCB operating parallel to the road, but we'll see.
    But they know more than poor me on what their planning.

I’ll be passing again tomorrow so I’ll look on with interest.

The bus stop opposite the site is being moved in conjunction with the works. It will have it’s own lay by based on reading elsewhere.

I’ll be passing again tomorrow so I’ll look on with interest.

The bus stop opposite the site is being moved in conjunction with the works. It will have it’s own lay by based on reading elsewhere.
    feckin traffic is mad with the bulldozing and they weren't happy when i pulled in for the €5 car wash.

Well :) the sign is still up on the corner ????

feckin traffic is mad with the bulldozing and they weren't happy when i pulled in for the €5 car wash.

Well :) the sign is still up on the corner ????

The sign was still there last Monday, however, i haven't driven by since then.

I just can't wait for the second lane of traffic to open at that junction.

They are looking for staff for the site.

https://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1659970

It will basically replicate the interior of the Texaco in Fermoy with Spar and Supermac's

http://www.sirio.ie/news/top-oil-ballyvolane/

I wonder if Sirio will take on any of the old staff from O'Callaghan's? Be nice if they did.

I wonder if Sirio will take on any of the old staff from O'Callaghan's? Be nice if they did.

I reckon they will.

When Applegreen took over the station in Hollyhill all staff were retained when the new development opened.

recent article in the echo confirming the realignment of the Ballyhooly Road from Keatings to the junction of North ring road

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Work-begins-on-Ballyhooley-Road-upgrade-f4eddd0b-784c-4a77-b4a9-62565f3c8e72-ds

According to the article dated October 27th an inbound cycle lane from Gordon's hill to the city centre is being developed.

Restrictions in place until December 2017.

http://www.corkcity.ie/services/roadstransportation/transportationdivision/roadclosuresanddiversions/

Yeah - we knew this about six weeks ago, and the work started a couple of weeks ago. A letter from Kavanagh was dropped in the door. It's great that the work on the road is starting at last. But with the grand plans for O'Callaghan's, the increased traffic will be a worry.

The contractors have six weeks apparently to get the road sorted before the fuel tanks are installed.

Good call about the crossing too. I've seen several near misses, where cars thunder along and it can be a nightmare trying to cross at Keatings/The Glen. Let's keep our fingers crossed

• Advertisement

How do you find Kavanagh?

I lived on Summerhill north for 3 years when he first got elected and bar the election no one seen or heard from him.

The traffic will clearly increase as well as foot traffic due to the expected increase in trade in such an establishment.

From the above articles it will take 9 months all in.

The road needs to be completed before the tanks are dropped into place is it?

The crossing is wise, the turn from the main road up Gordon's hill could do with being tightened.

You could turn that corner at a good speed in its current format.

Is Keating's closed down?

I really need to get back up there more, i've only moved away from the area in the last few years and so much is going on that i don't even realise it.

Advertisement