Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs West Ham United 16:00 Sky Sports

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Need a right foot goal for Lukaku now for the perfect hat trick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Love to see Blind score that one!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rahsers trying the Berba

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Looking at today's performance - do we even need that 4th signing that Jose suggests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Utd are impressive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Looking at today's performance - do we even need that 4th signing that Jose suggests?

Yep, a proper wide man / winger would make us a genuine contender for the league.

We have alot of height in the team but nobody that can cross with any kind of consistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

West ham have been wretched, Bilic first to get the sack.

• GreNoLi wrote: »
    West ham have been wretched, Bilic first to get the sack.

Tbf, I think Utd have been too good for them

West ham have a good squad and tbf to bilic he's bought well

They will be grand

Tony Marshall scores again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Ya ya funky Ya!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That touch to control the ball was beautiful. It came at him fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yep cuz we won't play west ham every week 😂

Martial!!!!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• More pints

****ing yesssssss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Very nice goal. Well created and taken.

Fantastic!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Lovely play....well done Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Pogba! :D:D

We are top of the league

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    More pints

****ing yesssssss

Pogba!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Very happy for him!! Done great in his shirt appearance so far

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

POGBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martial goal and assist in 10 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Whoop whoop

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,629 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Top of the table.

Yes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

The only thing I don't like about this Jose guy.

Too defensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Get in Pogba!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Great finish from my man of the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭markc1184

This is more like it from a United side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Top of the league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well that was sexual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I know it's only the opening fixture and a handful of preseason games but I cannot fathom why Chelsea sold Matic, and especially to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

JamboMac wrote: »
    Going 4 - 0 to Man U, lukaku hat trick and matic with pile driver from nowhere.

Got the 4 right just not the goal scorers, I'll take it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The mighty Huddersfield have been knocked off their perch. :(

That was a solid performance from United though, was hoping for another 5th of lower finish of course but a title challenge is almost certainly on the cards this year. Lukaku already living up to the price tag as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

martyos121 wrote: »
    The mighty Huddersfield have been knocked off their perch. :(

Never thought they would throw it away after the season theyve been having, they just dont score enough goals :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Emphatic win for Utd. West Ham never in it and got thumped when they came out a bit more in the 2nd half.

Early days but Utd will be challenging for the title this season if that performance is anything to go by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Souness praising United through gritted teeth!

irishman86 wrote: »
    Never thought they would throw it away after the season theyve been having, they just dont score enough goals :pac::pac:

I wouldn't mind but I had an odd balance on one of my bookie accounts so I threw a few cent on Huddersfield to win the league E/W to balance it. I was supremely confident of that one but it's looking hairy now.

Back to the match, what's the story with Martial on the bench and not starting on the left? I know Rashford has a lot of talent and massive potential but would it not be best to rotate him with Lukaku up front with so many matches on the horizon this season? Only way he'll find the consistency he's lacking is to start most of the time, he's too good a player to use as an impact sub. Do ye think he'll force his way in yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

I know Rashford has a lot of talent and massive potential but would it not be best to rotate him with Lukaku up front

Rotation?

It's the first game of the season.

• martyos121 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind but I had an odd balance on one of my bookie accounts so I threw a few cent on Huddersfield to win the league E/W to balance it. I was supremely confident of that one but it's looking hairy now.

Back to the match, what's the story with Martial on the bench and not starting on the left? I know Rashford has a lot of talent and massive potential but would it not be best to rotate him with Lukaku up front with so many matches on the horizon this season? Only way he'll find the consistency he's lacking is to start most of the time, he's too good a player to use as an impact sub. Do ye think he'll force his way in yet?

Both have pace, both are great with the ball. They will battle it out for the wide left position

Lukaka is the main man up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Good Jesus united made Man U look world class there. Can't believe how poor we were.

Paleblood wrote: »
    Rotation?

It's the first game of the season.

And with no fixture for another week, it's an indication of the team Mourinho would like to play going forward is it not? From the outside looking in it seems that way, usually the first starting lineup of the season is the strongest team you can field, start as you mean to go on and all that. I just think Martial is the more talented left winger United have at present (by all means correct me on that if it's untrue) and having his position in the starting lineup filled by a a striker playing slightly out of position isn't the best use of either player.

Martial did well when he came on but "impact sub" isn't a label you want at that stage of your career. Do ye reckon Mourinho rates him highly?

• martyos121 wrote: »
    And with no fixture for another week, it's an indication of the team Mourinho would like to play going forward is it not? From the outside looking in it seems that way, usually the first starting lineup of the season is the strongest team you can field, start as you mean to go on and all that. I just think Martial is the more talented left winger United have at present (by all means correct me on that if it's untrue) and having his position in the starting lineup filled by a a striker playing slightly out of position isn't the best use of either player.

Martial did well when he came on but "impact sub" isn't a label you want at that stage of your career. Do ye reckon Mourinho rates him highly?

I think Jose rates rashford a slight bit more because of his worth eithic

Martial at times last season didn't show enough work rate but no doubting his ability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

A

Well the fact he's not letting him go would assume he does.

Look, evryone has to earn their place.

Martial's attitude wasn't right imo for most of last year.

If he plays well when he's given chances and shows a good attitude/work ethic/ trains well, we have a huge amount of games and he'll feature more I'm sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I know it's only the opening fixture and a handful of preseason games but I cannot fathom why Chelsea sold Matic, and especially to United.

Abramovic.

Matic loves Mourinho, and vice versa. Abramovic is fiercely loyal to players who've won him things, so granted the lad his wish. If it was up to Conte, Matic would've gone nowhere IMO.

José knows how Roman rolls too, so I'm sure he knew what might happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I assume you know that's not him????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

:pac: I really don't know whether you know or not, but that's not Welbeck

• astradave wrote: »
    :pac: I really don't know whether you know or not, but that's not Welbeck

Oh I know it's parody, by still funny all the same :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

vicwatson wrote: »
    Good Jesus united made Man U look world class there. Can't believe how poor we were.

You'll be grand. Good manager, good buys, great stadium.

Hernandez was your best player for me today, never stopped all game and with the right service he'll score a ball of goals.

Your plan was simple, keep it tight and hope to get a goal on the break. Once we scored it was plan b and unfortunately for you that good chance at half time didn't go in. Top half this season I think.

Advertisement