Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing bras for a large chest

Options
  • 13-08-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I am wondering if anyone can recommend good nursing bras for a large chest?

Pre pregnancy I was a 32F and at 37 weeks pregnant I am now wearing a 34G.

It's hard to find anywhere that stocks small band sizes for a larger cup in general never mind for nursing so if anyone could assist I would really appreciate it!

I'm based in Cork so if there was anywhere local or online that would be best.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

moleary20 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am wondering if anyone can recommend good nursing bras for a large chest?

Pre pregnancy I was a 32F and at 37 weeks pregnant I am now wearing a 34G.

It's hard to find anywhere that stocks small band sizes for a larger cup in general never mind for nursing so if anyone could assist I would really appreciate it!

I'm based in Cork so if there was anywhere local or online that would be best.

Thanks.

I am similarly "blessed" and I got good nursing bras in La Femme in Douglas, pricey though! I also picked up a few in Debenhams that were fine. Beware before spending money on bras though that you can change size a lot in the first month or two so maybe buy one at a time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I gave up on the band size. 32F+ in breastfeeding bras don't seem to exist. It's hard enough to get those sizes in ordinary bras. I went to 36C or something instead... just way upped the band size. Neither comfortable or supportive, but it was better than nothing.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I have a large chest, and it went nuts with pregnancy, and I found a brand of bra called Carriwell worked the best for me. They do size small, medium, large, xlarge etc instead of specific cup sizes, and they were pretty soft and stretchy. I had to buy online because I couldn't find them in shops.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If you are near a Change Lingerie shop go in,they do great maternity Bras if not Debenhams are next best.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I was a 32J when my son was very young. I got mine in Bravissimo and on Figleaves and Amazon. Hotmilk sizing runs big in the cup so I was able to fit a 34H at the time quite easily.

The Debenhams (Miriam Stoppard) bras are godawful in my sort of size range.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love Bravissimo so much but there is no irish store to get measured ,I think think there is still one in Belfast.
    Maybe get measured in Arnotts and buy online from Figleaves or Amazon.
    The Debenhams own brand or Freya ones are good.
    Freya bras in general are amazing.

Advertisement