Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

PARlance wrote: »
    I think I'm a couple of weeks away from a WC but at present it would be this. No City or Arsenal but can't have it all.

Elliot (Krul)
    Jones, Alonso, Bavies (Mee, TAA)
    Eriksen, Pogba, Mkhi, Salah (Cork)
    Kane, Vardy (Hemed)

Stronge outfield 9 and 1 to play from the rest.

Mee was a season keeper for me but I am WCing this week and switching him to Ward instead and can always switch Mee back in if he drops to 4.4 - though with Heaton's injury I am thinking of staying away from Burnley defenders now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mee was a season keep for me but I am WCing this week and switching him to Ward instead and can always switch Mee back in if he drops to 4.4 - though with Heaton's injury I am thinking of staying away from Burnley defenders now.

They will were SO lucky to get that cleanie yday
    I was not impressed with them at all but I'm stuck with him for now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

dahat wrote: »
    Elliot / Krul

Kolansic Jones Cedric Memba Bavies

Pogba Ali Mooy Carroll Doucoure

Firmino Kane Lukaku

I'm really tempted to dump Pogba for KDB or Silva to give myself City cover but I'm.not so sure.

KDB is so frustrating. If he was played further advanced he would be a certainty to be the pick ahead of Pogba as a better offensive threat, particularly for assists, but the way Pep plays him, he spends half the game in the Fernandinho role.

I think he will play most PL minutes but with CL and Bernardo Silva on the bench thats another risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Islander13 wrote: »
    KDB is so frustrating. If he was played further advanced he would be a certainty to be the pick ahead of Pogba as a better offensive threat, particularly for assists, but the way Pep plays him, he spends half the game in the Fernandinho role.

I think he will play most PL minutes but with CL and Bernardo Silva on the bench thats another risk

Yeah that's the risk alright, plenty had shipped him before last week so he must have been playing a deeper role. As with most managers trying to get City cover is a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I wild carded last week...

GW4 score from my pre-wildcard starting XI - 54
    GW4 score from the team I wild carded to - 49

• Advertisement

When I do wildcard I don't think lukaku will survive the cull........it's a risk but I'll be going without him for October period at least

km79 wrote: »
    When I do wildcard I don't think lukaku will survive the cull........it's a risk but I'll be going without him for October period at least

He looks a prime candidate for dumping alright. Pogba I'll keep alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He's almost certainly out of my WC. Not that I don't expect him to do well, I just think Kane will be auto captain a lot and there are plenty more good options for less.

Added to that, United don't have the minefield of points getters that you have elsewhere. Pogba and/or Mkhi are good (cheap premium) cover for going Lukakuless.

I've had no real urge to WC but this I did a draft WC and I'm starting to want to push the button.

Elliot (Krul)
    Jones, Alonso, Bavies (Mbemba, TAA)
    Eriksen, Pogba, Mahrez, Salah (Cork)
    Kane, Vardy (Hemed)

Mahrez could be Mkhi... I think Vardez could be in for a great few weeks.
    Happy to treble up on Spurs.
    Really strong back 3.
    Fingers crossed re Elliot.
    No Arsenal or City cover but I'll just have to hope that points are shared out all over their many potentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I wild carded last week...

GW4 score from my pre-wildcard starting XI - 54
    GW4 score from the team I wild carded to - 49

ditto

GW4 score from my pre-wildcard starting XI - 56
    GW4 score from the team I wild carded to - 34

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

dahat wrote: »
    He looks a prime candidate for dumping alright. Pogba I'll keep alright.

I'm seriously tempted to pull the trigger this week. I scored a miserable 38 points and while my team isn't terrrible I'm just not happy with large parts of it.

Current Team is:

7XPQ7IX.jpg

I'm thinking of going Kane Firmino Vardy as my strike force on a WC.

I could get by not WC'ing but I think there will be enough rises/drops over the next week to prevent me getting the team I want now. The problem being that the team I want now mightn't be the same this day week after this weekends fixtures are played out ! ;)

• Advertisement

I'm just setting this up for a friend..........

310 posts later and I'm possibly back in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

If a WC is activated that can't be undone can it?

bantee wrote: »

Correct

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

WC activated. So the way the price game works is buy the guys rising and then sell the next day, and sell the fallers before they fall?

WC activated. So the way the price game works is buy the guys rising and then sell the next day, and sell the fallers before they fall?

Yes, but it's a Friday start to this GW so you've only 3 nights to get rises. And I don't need to be FHFC :) to tell you that you wont get anyone rising 0.2m (for you to make your 0.1).

Just don't have any fallers.

Yes, but it's a Friday start to this GW so you've only 3 nights to get rises. And I don't need to be FHFC :) to tell you that you wont get anyone rising 0.2m (for you to make your 0.1).

Just don't have any fallers.

Tonight was probably the worst night I could have picked to play it with the early he deadline but I felt I had to
    And it may work out better as ive less time for tinkering !
    Finding it hard to find a decent cheap rotating pair at the back
    Will probably end up with foster Elliot in goals so won't go for yedlin I'd say
    Have naughton and happy to keep him so looking at maybe a Brighton defender ??? Hoping one of them falls to 4.4 soon
    Huunemair falling to 3.9 would also help me
    I'm .3 short of team I want which includes David Silva.......real dearth of mids around the 7.5 mark :(
    I had Ramsey and may end up going back to him yet!

What about Gamez from Newcastle at 4.0, he played the last game but filling in for who?

1st draft, 0.7 in the bank:
    DDG Elliot
    Dawson Femenia Simpson Gamez Naughton
    Salah Alli Choupo-m RLC Ricarlison
    Lukaku Kane Vardy

Any advice appreciated!

Tonight was probably the worst night I could have picked to play it with the early he deadline but I felt I had to
    Have naughton and happy to keep him so looking at maybe a Brighton defender ??? Hoping one of them falls to 4.4 soon
    I'm .3 short of team I want which includes David Silva.......real dearth of mids around the 7.5 mark :(

Ah I don't think it matters a whole pile this year tbh. You could have hit the button on Sat morning and bar Bavies, I doubt there was anything to be gained.

Keep calm, 3 days to sort it out. It'll help with the AI nerves :)

• Advertisement

Ah I don't think it matters a whole pile this year tbh. You could have hit the button on Sat morning and bar Bavies, I doubt there was anything to be gained.

Keep calm, 3 days to sort it out. It'll help with the AI nerves :)
    Honestly that was part of it too :D
    And there was no point leaving it till next weekend !

Honestly that was part of it too :D
    And there was no point leaving it till next weekend !

Moran, Kane, O'(C)onnor

Went for Silva to replace Pogba, only had 8.4 spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would you take a punt on Ayew?

Think I might press the button. I've have my WC team in mind. It involves going Lukakuless though.

Would you take a punt on Ayew?

I was looking at him and Antonio alright
    Would maybe spend the extra cash in defence then
    Currently looks something like this
    Foster Elliot - fairly decent rotation . Also considered fabianski and will if I upgrade naughton
    Bavies Jones ( a major injury concern going forward ! ) Naughton 4.5 4.0
    Miki Alli Silva grob (for now ) tcarroll
    Kane lukaku firmino( vardy in a few weeks possibly )

I'm actually .3 short of this team at moment

I'm disappointed to have to sell pogba was delighted with his he was going
    Not sure I really want either Miki or Silva
    It's all a bit rushed but I'm only tidying up a bit I guess and it had to be done
    I've only looked about 6 weeks ahead
    Arsenal do have juicy fixtures too but don't think I'll keep Ramsey all the same

I assume it would be crazy to go with Elliot and krul........would be happy with that rotation but what are chances of krul taking the number one jersey at Brighton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I assume it would be crazy to go with Elliot and krul........would be happy with that rotation but what are chances of krul taking the number one jersey at Brighton?

Would be very Krul on Ryan to lose his place.

*I've no idea how good Ryan is, I just wanted to make the pun*

Done it.
    Instant regret.

• Advertisement

We have a 3.9 ml defender people
    Honey monster shall be his name

Advertisement