Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Draft #4

Elliot Gomes
    Bavies Cedric Simpson Naughton Gamez
    Erikson D.Silva Mhky Chalobah Carroll
    Kane Firmino Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

So Lascelles seems the only nailed on Newcastle defender then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

bantee wrote: »

clark too

foster elliot
    jones bavies otamendi naughton huunemair
    ritchie alli miki antonio tcarroll
    kane firmino jesus

i just couldnt ignore citys fixtures........no lukaku obvs a massive risk but allowed upgrade in mid and defence
    0 ITB now

2 im most unsure of are ritchie- originally had brady . Ritchie is .4 more and on 3 yellows so not sure he is worth it????? That .4 could be useful
    Otamendi - ive NO idea how he ended up in there but there he is........again i could go for a cheaper option like Cedric and bank the difference.......I was .1 away from Kolasiinic which was annoying.
    VVD at 5.4 is also very tempting ............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

bantee wrote: »
    km79 wrote: »
    clark too

This may well prove to be the case but at the moment nobody is nailed on 100% in the Newcastle defense.

Lascelles was monumental last week and is the Captain. Surely he couldn't be rotated ? No guarantee with Raffa as he might like to give Lejeune a run out, partner him with Clark and leave the full backs the same.

Or he might put Lascelles and Lejeune in the middle, push Clark out left back and replace Manquillo with Gamez at right back or leave Manquillo in and drop Gamez.

On the Newcastle Boards everyone agrees that it would be harsh to drop any of the players that got us a clean sheet last week but no one would be surprised if there were changes.

The most likely to start consistently at the moment are definitely Lascelles and Clark. If Lejeune fulfills his early promise though he looks like our best Defender and will become the most nailed on.

Nobody can predict the line up 100% apart from Raffa.

foster elliot
    kane firmino jesus

i just couldnt ignore citys fixtures........no lukaku obvs a massive risk but allowed upgrade in mid and defence
    0 ITB now

2 im most unsure of are ritchie- originally had brady . Ritchie is .4 more and on 3 yellows so not sure he is worth it????? That .4 could be useful
    Otamendi - ive NO idea how he ended up in there but there he is........again i could go for a cheaper option like Cedric and bank the difference.......I was .1 away from Kolasiinic which was annoying.

Hope I just can't do it
    Otamendi out Cedric (or VVD if we get news tomorrow in)
    Will keep the difference bar possibly bumping huunemair up to a 4ml like long again who is only one injury away from playing- although he is 76% towards a drop ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Gomes / Elliot

Alonso Jones Bavies Naughton Memba

Ali Mikhi Mooy Carroll Doucoure

Lukaku Kane Firmino

A few risks in midfiled but I can adjust that when I sell lukakau, I just cannot sell him before Everton at home after tonight's showing.

foster elliot
    kane firmino jesus

0 ITB now

I like it. City have a great run of fixtures and with Kompany out Stones and Otamendi should be nailed on. Is Otamendi a bit of a card magnet though ? Stones might be a safer bet (as muh as it pains me to say it after last year)

Ritchie is essesntial to everthing good that Newcastle do. He wears his heart on his sleeve and gets stuck into everything which is why he gets yellows. He's most definitely not a dirty player but I wonder if some Refs might feel he got off too lightly with a yellow for he high foot and be keeping a closer eye on him. With Shelvey beside him though he should always draw the cards first ! :pac:

I like your Antonio punt he looked great the other night.

I'm on Maguire at the moment instead of Cedric. Despite Southamptons super fixtures I just dont have faith in them. I heard that apparently the first shot they had on target last week was Cedric in the 92 minute !

Colking wrote: »
    I like it. City have a great run of fixtures and with Kompany out Stones and Otamendi should be nailed on. Is Otamendi a bit of a card magnet though ? Stones might be a safer bet (as muh as it pains me to say it after last year)

Ritchie is essesntial to everthing good that Newcastle do. He wears his heart on his sleeve and gets stuck into everything which is why he gets yellows. He's most definitely not a dirty player but I wonder if some Refs might feel he got off too lightly with a yellow for he high foot and be keeping a closer eye on him. With Shelvey beside him though he should always draw the cards first ! :pac:

I like your Antonio punt he looked great the other night.

I'm on Maguire at the moment instead of Cedric. Despite Southamptons super fixtures I just dont have faith in them. I heard that apparently the first shot they had on target last week was Cedric in the 92 minute !
    I watched MOTD last night alright and Cedric nearly scored !
    Otamendi is indeed a card magnet and stones seems to be first out when they revert to
    I'm going to go with cedric for now as I wasn't happy spending so much on defence
    Gonna keep the .5 ITB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wildcard played and I've gone with no arsenal or city players. Madness or genius

Elliot fab
    Mee, cedric, Davies, maguire, clark
    Mooy, Salah, choupo, miky, grob
    Kane, Vardy, Lukaku

Views welcome

dahat wrote: »
    Gomes / Elliot

Alonso Jones Bavies Naughton Memba

Ali Mikhi Mooy Carroll Doucoure

Lukaku Kane Firmino

A few risks in midfiled but I can adjust that when I sell lukakau, I just cannot sell him before Everton at home after tonight's showing.

If Everton play like that this weekend they could get walloped. My lack of Lukaku fear is very great right now.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Wildcard played and I've gone with no arsenal or city players. Madness or genius

Elliot fab
    Mee, cedric, Davies, maguire, clark
    Mooy, Salah, choupo, miky, grob
    Kane, Vardy, Lukaku

Views welcome

You could downgrade one of your 4.5 defenders and get a 4.0 million and downgrade one of the cheaper midfielders to a 4.5 enabler. This would leave you 1.5 to invest. Maybe upgrade Cedric or Maguire to a Mendy or Kolasinac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If Everton play like that this weekend they could get walloped. My lack of Lukaku fear is very great right now.

Quite likely Everton will turn up and play like Madrid as per normal at OT.

foster elliot
    kane firmino jesus

0 ITB now

I've found a way to get kolasinic in ........kola and grobb nothing in the bank and have to play kola away to Chelsea but then amazing fixtures for a few weeks ..........or stick with Ritchie and Cedric with .5 ITB ???????
    Will stick grobb in tonight as he is risIng

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Thinking about ripping the team up again to fit Sanchez in. Looks hungry again tonight!

Firmino/Mhky
    Or
    Sanchez/5m fwd?

I've found a way to get kolasinic in ........kola and grobb nothing in the bank and have to play kola away to Chelsea but then amazing fixtures for a few weeks ..........or stick with Ritchie and Cedric with .5 ITB ???????

Kola and GroB looks better to me.

Did you go with Lukaku or Jesus. Watford defence is reported to be very depleted for this weekend.

Kola and GroB looks better to me.

Did you go with Lukaku or Jesus. Watford defence is reported to be very depleted for this weekend.

Jesus otherwise I'd have wimmer not kola!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

TCarroll to 4.4M?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A: Maguire & Alonso
    Or
    B: Mendy & Kolasinac

The Pro with A is that Alonso to 4.5 allows a fairly quick and pain free uograde to a premium striker / mid if needed.

The Pro with B is that I think they'll score more :)
    Only thing holding me back is Pep really, I really don't want a 6.5m defender who is subject to some rotation.

Anyone going to convince me either way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

PARlance wrote: »
    A: Maguire & Alonso
    Or
    B: Mendy & Kolasinac

The Pro with A is that Alonso to 4.5 allows a fairly quick and pain free uograde to a premium striker / mid if needed.

The Pro with B is that I think they'll score more :)
    Only thing holding me back is Pep really, I really don't want a 6.5m defender who is subject to some rotation.

Anyone going to convince me either way?

B for me but if you consider Dave (Is that Azpi's nickname?) or Zapacosta or Luiz it could be up to 1.5M cheaper and Maguire is a good pick.

ElTel wrote: »
    TCarroll to 4.4M?

I'd rather keep tcarrol as I'll have a non starting defender
    I can afford kolasinic with grobb anyway so no need
    Now to decide if I'm happy with that over Ritchie and a 5ml defender and if I am whether I want to play him this week or indeed keep 1ml in the bank and transfer him in next week instead.........

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Thinking of the below transfers, have two free transfers banked, what do people think? I am not so sure on Lukaku without Pogba plus Kane has started scoring so think it's good to get on him now before the value rises. I may end up jus doing the KAne transfer and bank the other until next week.

A: Lukaku to Kane, Yoshida to Cedric
    B: Lukaku to Kane, Gabbi to Rashford

blackwave wrote: »
    Thinking of the below transfers, have two free transfers banked, what do people think? I am not so sure on Lukaku without Pogba plus Kane has started scoring so think it's good to get on him now before the value rises. I may end up jus doing the KAne transfer and bank the other until next week.

A: Lukaku to Kane, Yoshida to Cedric
    B: Lukaku to Kane, Gabbi to Rashford
    Wildcard thread?
    But probably B of those 2 options

Grobb and kolasinic
    Or
    Richie and Daniels (rotates nicely with naughton )

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Wildcard thread?
    But probably B of those 2 options

Apologies, yeah I meant to post in the transfers thread. Thanks though!

Grobb and kolasinic
    Or

Coin toss really either could be good and all 4 teams have decent fixtures over the next 8 - 10 weeks, what is the rest of your team like ?

Is it easier to tweak B (5.4 +6.0) if Haz/Sanchez become must have or easier to tweak A (5.9 + 4.9) ? Do you care that you already have .1 clocked up on Gross ?

Grobb and kolasinic
    Or

Coin toss really either could be good and all 4 teams have decent fixtures over the next 8 - 10 weeks, what is the rest of your team like ?

Is it easier to tweak B (5.4 +6.0) if Haz/Sanchez become must have or easier to tweak A (5.9 + 4.9) ? Do you care that you already have .1 clocked up on Gross ?
    Don't care about that .1 cos I wasn't even considering him until I realized it would allow me Kolasinci
    It was either brady or Ritchie up till that point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

bit of help please! on a wildcard and Can't choose between kdb £ fermino or salah £ Jesus!
    de gea (elliot)
    Alonso stones Davies naughton (kabasele)
    eriksen kdb miki (Carroll obiang)
    kane fermino okazaki

fighting with myself over lukaku all week but I think il chance without him . defence is expensive I know and very unusual for me. wife is showing early signs of labour today, she is 7 days over so I doubt il get much chance of looking in again today !
    Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

stevveyg wrote: »
    bit of help please! on a wildcard and Can't choose between kdb £ fermino or salah £ Jesus!
    de gea (elliot)
    Alonso stones Davies naughton (kabasele)
    eriksen kdb miki (Carroll obiang)
    kane fermino okazaki

fighting with myself over lukaku all week but I think il chance without him . defence is expensive I know and very unusual for me. wife is showing early signs of labour today, she is 7 days over so I doubt il get much chance of looking in again today !
    Thanks guys
    Salah & Jesus for me.

Word of warning, I was on wildcard when my missus went into labour last year. They don't allow you to have your phone on in any of the wards!

Advertisement