Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Salah & Jesus for me.

Word of warning, I was on wildcard when my missus went into labour last year. They don't allow you to have your phone on in any of the wards!

This is my fav FF post ever
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Looking at
    Elliot
    Foster

TAA
    Bavies
    Huney monster
    Naughton
    Suttner

Eriksen
    Miki
    Carroll
    Mooy
    Richie

Jesus
    Kane
    Lukaku

Thoughts and suggestions please

Green&Red wrote: »
    Looking at
    Elliot
    Foster

TAA
    Bavies
    Huney monster
    Naughton
    Suttner

Eriksen
    Miki
    Carroll
    Mooy
    Richie

Jesus
    Kane
    Lukaku

Thoughts and suggestions please

Everyone from mayo wildcarding today to clear the decks for a few weeks :D
    Similar in parts to mine
    Word of warning on suttner he is very close to a drop so could be 4.4 in the morning losing you .1
    I wouldn't be mad on defence apart from babies tbh
    I'd be inclined to downgrade one of front men to fund an upgrade and lukaku would be my choice ........

So I've been looking at the attack. More to get Morata in and it's hard to pick one. Lukaku had scored in three games and missed a peno in the other. Jesus is City's first choice. So that leaves Kane, the most explosive player there is

I see FFS podcast talking about going with two strikers, madness I think, I'd like four!

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Green&Red wrote: »
    So I've been looking at the attack. More to get Morata in and it's hard to pick one. Lukaku had scored in three games and missed a peno in the other. Jesus is City's first choice. So that leaves Kane, the most explosive player there is

I see FFS podcast talking about going with two strikers, madness I think, I'd like four!

Lukaku, Kane and Jesus looks like the best front 3 possibly. Hazard back in the groove might make him the preferable Chelsea option over Morata. The other three are best captain choices from those teams, despite Pogba, Miki and Eriksen doing so well. Man City are a bit more of a minefield for captain options so maybe not Jesus so much. Choosing the right Liverpool option is difficult too. Firmino over Jesus saves 2m and allows for a big hitter in midfield and Alonso/Bavies at the back. Sanchez going on fire is the one that will throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Salah & Jesus for me.

Word of warning, I was on wildcard when my missus went into labour last year. They don't allow you to have your phone on in any of the wards!
    km79 wrote: »
    Everyone from mayo wildcarding today to clear the decks for a few weeks :D
    Similar in parts to mine
    Word of warning on suttner he is very close to a drop so could be 4.4 in the morning losing you .1
    I wouldn't be mad on defence apart from babies tbh
    I'd be inclined to downgrade one of front men to fund an upgrade and lukaku would be my choice ........

LOL

Lukaku, Kane and Jesus looks like the best front 3 possibly. Hazard back in the groove might make him the preferable Chelsea option over Morata. The other three are best captain choices from those teams, despite Pogba, Miki and Eriksen doing so well. Man City are a bit more of a minefield for captain options so maybe not Jesus so much. Choosing the right Liverpool option is difficult too. Firmino over Jesus saves 2m and allows for a big hitter in midfield and Alonso/Bavies at the back. Sanchez going on fire is the one that will throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Ya Hazard or Sanchez would blow everything open. Liverpool cover is wrecking my head, they just rotate who does well, if you pick up Salah, Firmino and Mane do well, pick up Mane he gets sent off, Firmino and salah will go daft

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. Did not have much time for the game lately (as always some would/could argue :p but not for the same holiday reasons this year). Feel my team is sh*te.

Foster Elliot
    Bailly Trippier Cedric Mee Rosenior
    Mkhytarian Willian Redmond Van La Parra Carroll
    Kane Lukaku Chicharito

Was eyeing something like Willian + Redmond + Chicharito + VLP -> Alli + D. Silva + Firmino + Doucouré
    But I'm £1.6m short for that.
    I'm not too keen on dropping Lukaku yet but maybe I should accept it. Was thinking Morata but £0.2m short? Anyone see where I could get them? Or should I consider someone else than Morata?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Opinions please on some final adjustments?
    DDG Elliot
    Daniels Stones Dawson Femenia Hunemeir
    RLC Alli Salah ChoupoM Gross
    Lukaku Vardy Kane

iroced wrote: »
    Right. Did not have much time for the game lately (as always some would/could argue :p but not for the same holiday reasons this year). Feel my team is sh*te.

Foster Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Chicharito

Was eyeing something like Willian + Redmond + Chicharito + VLP -> Alli + D. Silva + Firmino + Doucouré
    I'm not too keen on dropping Lukaku yet but maybe I should accept it. Was thinking Morata but £0.2m short? Anyone see where I could get them? Or should I consider someone else than Morata?
    Bailly to Jones gives you 1ml or so
    Cedric to naughton another .5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Jones or cedric? Is Jones going to start every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Salah & Jesus for me.

What hospital were you in? I was in Cork Maternity Hospital earlier this year and I had no problems neglecting my newborn son in favour of using fantasy football on my phone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

Salah & Jesus for me.

I remember making a transfer in the Holles St toilets once upon a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Foster Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Chicharito

This ^

I'd be less inclined to go with Doucore. Maybe look at Gross or Choupo or even Chalobah who partners Doucore and has v good underlying stats.

Colking wrote: »
    This ^

I'd be less inclined to go with Doucore. Maybe look at Gross or Choupo or even Chalobah who partners Doucore and has v good underlying stats.
    Well. Not sure I'd favour Naughton over Cedric. Though Swansea do have a good run of fixtures (notably 3 "easy" home in 4).

Jones & Chalobah would allow me to get the team I posted above with £0.1m ITB.
    Only thing is Chalobah scored exactly like Carroll so far. Was he on the wrong side of the regresion to the mean considering the stats you referred to? Or could he be an assists' assister kind of player in the game?

Finally. Lukaku vs Morata. I feel if I sell Lukaku now, if he continues his good run, I could well be priced out very soon. While keeping him in offers me more flexibility. Also I'd know better how Conte will rotate or not his forwards. Morata did not play the CL game this week. Was it because it was just Qarabag? Or is it a trend to be continued?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Foster
    Elliot

Ben Davies
    Ben Mee
    Femenia
    Mbemba
    Rosenior

KDB
    Salah
    Ritchie
    Doucoure
    RLC

Lukaku
    Morata
    Kane

Settled on my front 3!
    Any considerations about defense? Mbemba first choice? I know Rosenior isn't...
    Best 4.5 midfielder RLC? Cork? Carroll?

Panic mode ON? Please feel free to advice...

Done
    Daniels made the cut
    I have an awful weakness for attacking left backs
    And yet don't own Alonso !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

bezuaua wrote: »
    Foster
    Elliot

Ben Davies
    Ben Mee
    Femenia
    Mbemba
    Rosenior

KDB
    Salah
    Ritchie
    Doucoure
    RLC

Lukaku
    Morata
    Kane

Settled on my front 3!
    Any considerations about defense? Mbemba first choice? I know Rosenior isn't...
    Best 4.5 midfielder RLC? Cork? Carroll?

Panic mode ON? Please feel free to advice...

Mbemba is not first choice.
    Downgrade Foster or Doucoure to turn him into a 4.5
    I'd consider RLC the 4th mid most of the time.

Feck it there is still 15 minutes left !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Mbemba has been reset back to 0% after the red flag was removed. He was near 100% towards a rise, I wasn't expecting a profit from him but that was a nice cushion.

If he doesn't get gametime, he could be a contender for a drop. Half thinking of Hun at 3.9 now instead.

• Advertisement

Feck it there is still 15 minutes left !
    Yeah. 15 min to realise Trippier place isn't safe at all. Aurier did play in CL. But I'm £0.2m short to upgrade to Ben Davies.

- edit -

Couldn't find a solution. I'm left with Trippier...

A last day WC I'm not entirely happy with... Ah well points hits to come :pac:!

PARlance wrote: »
    Mbemba has been reset back to 0% after the red flag was removed. He was near 100% towards a rise, I wasn't expecting a profit from him but that was a nice cushion.

If he doesn't get gametime, he could be a contender for a drop. Half thinking of Hun at 3.9 now instead.
    Yes that made me not switch to mbemba either
    And long was 76 toward a drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭Invincible

Settled on
    Ederson Elliot
    Clark Trippier Cedric Zanka Hunemeir
    Eriksen KDB Grob Ricarlison RLC
    Kane Lukaku Rashford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

To confirm, if you are on a -4 or more, you can activate your WC to and this will remove the hit, right?

Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hi!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

FHFC wrote: »
    Hi!

Morning!

You staying here for the week too, yeah? I'm sure I'll see you around:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Elliot
    Jones bavies kolasanic naughton
    Mkhi salah alli
    Kane lukaku hemed
    Foster Lowe Walters Carroll
    I did suttner to kola last night. I want to wildcard but not sure I need to. I have a strong team for next week and the only issues I'm seeing are I'd like Jesus or aguero for captain and the fact I still have walters who I've now lost .2 on.

Elliot
    Jones bavies kolasanic naughton
    Mkhi salah alli
    Kane lukaku hemed
    Foster Lowe Walters Carroll
    I did suttner to kola last night. I want to wildcard but not sure I need to. I have a strong team for next week and the only issues I'm seeing are I'd like Jesus or aguero for captain and the fact I still have walters who I've now lost .2 on.
    Playing 4-3-3?

Not sure that team needs a WC for 1 change (possibly -4), especially considering that Lukaku -> Jesus is doable cash-wise.
    Now if you want the big 3 upfront, not sure you can afford such a defense unless you very cheap in midfield? Not quite your style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Playing 4-3-3?

Not sure that team needs a WC for 1 change (possibly -4), especially considering that Lukaku -> Jesus is doable cash-wise.
    Now if you want the big 3 upfront, not sure you can afford such a defense unless you very cheap in midfield? Not quite your style.

I do see myself playing 433 after I wildcard. My problem is I don't like any mids under 8 million . This is why I'm still stuck with Walters luckily my defense have had good fixtures. I think my ideal set up would be a strongish defense, 3 expensive mids , 2 expensive strikers and a cheap striker. I sort of have that set up but not the players I want for it. Anyway your right I just need to minus 4 for city striker if need be for the time being.

Advertisement