Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Elliot
    Jones bavies kolasanic naughton
    Mkhi salah alli
    Kane lukaku hemed
    Foster Lowe Walters Carroll
    I did suttner to kola last night. I want to wildcard but not sure I need to. I have a strong team for next week and the only issues I'm seeing are I'd like Jesus or aguero for captain and the fact I still have walters who I've now lost .2 on.

That current team is along the same lines as my WC,. It's not crying out to be WC'ed imo.
    My own team wasn't either last week but the more I thought about it, the harder to resist.

See how United do against Everton, Sou up next for them. Can't see United going wild and I think Pogba will be missed. I've went without Lukaku, you may feel a straight swap to City is enough.

I've gone for 433 with my WC, that is the best formation for allowing solid proven point getters in the 10 positions imo. There's a lot of compromise needed this year though.

Elliot
    Jones Bavies Maguire Alonso
    Mkhi Mahrez Alli
    Kane Vardy Firmino

Alonso a possible 1 week gamble, fancy Kolasanic + 1.1m I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hello thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Willian + Redmond + Chicharito + VLP -> Alli + D. Silva + Firmino + Doucouré
    Well. Not sure I'd favour Naughton over Cedric. Though Swansea do have a good run of fixtures (notably 3 "easy" home in 4).

Jones & Chalobah would allow me to get the team I posted above with £0.1m ITB.
    Yeah. 15 min to realise Trippier place isn't safe at all. Aurier did play in CL. But I'm £0.2m short to upgrade to Ben Davies.

- edit -

Couldn't find a solution. I'm left with Trippier...

A last day WC I'm not entirely happy with... Ah well points hits to come :pac:!
    Changed Rosenior to Gamez in the dying min of my WC... Have an unpleasant feeling about this...

So far, it's a total waste of a WC. Only Silva delivered the goods and he was my FT replacement for Willian.
    Fortunately I did not break my team to fit Ben Davies in. That would have been the cherry on the cake :rolleyes:...

Well. I'm happy enough with my team so will let it play for a few GWs and hope my recent signings can make it a success.

Timing-wise, I'm afraid it is going to backfire on me though. Aguero will probably rise twice at least this GW and could come close to unaffordability. How much will Pep rotate him is quite some conundrum...

Finally, Kane is becoming a problem. For his price and his captaincy appeal, one big haul in 5 games is unacceptable.

... to be continued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

had planned to wait a week for WC but Danillo/ Stephens/ Long not playing left me with 10 players- lot players I wanted rising also- Draft 1-

Fabianski
    Bavies Jones Naughton
    Miki Salah Silva Groo
    Aguero Kane Firmino
    Elliot King/ Carroll Lascelles Memba

Gk- Budget playing keepers toss up between Foster/ Fab and fab just wins
    Def: Bavies, Jones great value in good teams. Naughton looks good for price good fixtures, Lascelles will gain some value and move on in few weeks otherwise be stuck with 3 NewC, Memba playing bench fodder
    Mid: Miki no lukaku so he makes cut, salah keeping him, silva may be downgraded to boost def, Groo flavor of the month will be moved around, carol/ king meh
    Fwd: Kane say no more, aguero ye love him, firmino will be moved to vardy if confirmed fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Hey you guys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Elliot 4m dud

Kolasanic Alonso Mendy Davies Maguire
    Eriksen Ritchie RLC Obiang Carroll
    Aguero Kane Vardy

Thoughts?

I'm happy to just role with Elliot at the moment as Fosters fixtures take a turn. I might get in Fabianski yet depending if there's any funds leftover.

I really think there is good value in premium defence players this year. I really like the first 4 Ive picked but not sure about Maguire yet. Any suggestions for other attacking defenders for sub 6m?

Midfield is obviously where I'm sacrificing. I'm still backing Spurs with their fixtures. I like Liverpool midfielders but I'm not crazy about there fixtures for next few weeks so will avoid til then. I'll play 5-2-3 most weeks so won't be calling on the 3 4.5m players to often. Not crazy about Ritchie but he's doing well so far.

I like the forward line, I think Vardy is a bargain this year with pens. No Man United coverage is a bit if a risk bit I think they may struggle a bit without Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Klonker wrote: »
    Elliot 4m dud

Kolasanic Alonso Mendy Davies Maguire
    Eriksen Ritchie RLC Obiang Carroll
    Aguero Kane Vardy

Thoughts?

I'm happy to just role with Elliot at the moment as Fosters fixtures take a turn. I might get in Fabianski yet depending if there's any funds leftover.

I really think there is good value in premium defence players this year. I really like the first 4 Ive picked but not sure about Maguire yet. Any suggestions for other attacking defenders for sub 6m?

Midfield is obviously where I'm sacrificing. I'm still backing Spurs with their fixtures. I like Liverpool midfielders but I'm not crazy about there fixtures for next few weeks so will avoid til then. I'll play 5-2-3 most weeks so won't be calling on the 3 4.5m players to often. Not crazy about Ritchie but he's doing well so far.

I like the forward line, I think Vardy is a bargain this year with pens. No Man United coverage is a bit if a risk bit I think they may struggle a bit without Pogba.

I'd take more a risk in trusting RLC and turn Maguire into a 4.4/4.5 or be even braver and downgrade a more pricier one. You don't have to spend it all.
    Looks very solid and you could perhaps shave on your fifth mid too.

ElTel wrote:
    I'd take more a risk in trusting RLC and turn Maguire into a 4.4/4.5 or be even braver and downgrade a more pricier one. You don't have to spend it all. Looks very solid and you could perhaps shave on your fifth mid too.

Thanks. Yeah I could very well downgrade Maguire yet. I do really like RLC but they have a horrible run of games at the moment so I don't think I'll play him for the next few weeks. Still definitely a work in progress and could all change after tomorrow's games!

Thanks. Yeah I could very well downgrade Maguire yet. I do really like RLC but they have a horrible run of games at the moment so I don't think I'll play him for the next few weeks. Still definitely a work in progress and could all change after tomorrow's games!

Swansea until Palace fixtures improve perhaps.

I've hit it. Didn't need to but fed up feeling my weekly transfers are price (risers and fallers) related.

So going to pick my team and ongoing price changes can fúck off. Then I can play the next few months without caring about team value and try just picking the players I actually want in my team.

I think my biggest decision this week will be Firmino or Kane. I'm not going to worry about 'covering' a team either. So if I don't buy Kane I won't instantly have Eriksen or Alli.

Also getting a tad annoyed having the rotating keeper decision every week so I might just go with DDG.

Hopefully Mee will drop so I can buy him back at 4.4m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've hit it. Didn't need to but fed up feeling my weekly transfers are price (risers and fallers) related.

So going to pick my team and ongoing price changes can fúck off. Then I can play the next few months without caring about team value and try just picking the players I actually want in my team.

I think my biggest decision this week will be Firmino or Kane. I'm not going to worry about 'covering' a team either. So if I don't buy Kane I won't instantly have Eriksen or Alli.

Also getting a tad annoyed having the rotating keeper decision every week so I might just go with DDG.

Hopefully Mee will drop so I can buy him back at 4.4m.

I had ddg and Elliot and played ddg every week. Treated Elliot as a non playing 4ml
    I'm now rotating Elliot and foster
    Week one I'm 2 points down
    I wish I had just gone with Elliot and another 4ml now!
    It never works out
    Rotating keepers is the devil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Currently looking at this

DDG/ Eliot
    Kola* Bavies Lascelles* Kiko* Rosenior
    Eriksen Mikhy Mooy Ritchie* Cork*
    Kane Kun* Vardy*

*new signings

Thinking Kane to Morata and Mooy to David Silva (Dilva?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

remoteboy wrote: »
    Currently looking at this

DDG/ Eliot
    Kola* Bavies Lascelles* Kiko* Rosenior
    Eriksen Mikhy Mooy Ritchie* Cork*
    Kane Kun* Vardy*

*new signings

Thinking Kane to Morata and Mooy to David Silva (Dilva?)

Keep Kane
    Nice team apart from mooy. Could you afford Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Look at Kane's next fixtures, and his continuing underlying stats before getting rid.

Currently 0.1m short of getting all the left wing backs - Bavies, Alonso, Kolasinac and with a front line of Kun, Jesus and Kane

And I'm actually happy enough with the rest of my team considering I have to fit those guys in. I will have to play RLC most weeks but I've seen enough of him now to be happy doing that.

Just one double rise and I'll be good to go. Unlikely but Otamendi and GroB might have a small chance of a double rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Currently 0.1m short of getting all the left wing backs - Bavies, Alonso, Kolasinac and with a front line of Kun, Jesus and Kane

And I'm actually happy enough with the rest of my team considering I have to fit those guys in. I will have to play RLC most weeks but I've seen enough of him now to be happy doing that.

Just one double rise and I'll be good to go. Unlikely but Otamendi and GroB might have a small chance of a double rise.

Try lascelles too for double rise. Unlikely but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Had Lascelles in my 2nd last draft last week :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Whatta ya think of this bad boy lads.

Going 433

DGG

Alonso / Bavies / Yoshi (or Lascellas) /Hegazi

Miki / D Silva / Fabregas

Aguero / Lukaku / Firmino

Bench : Elliot, Atsu, RLC, 4m fodder defender

Think I have a pretty solid back 5 - united, Spurs, Chelsea, Pulis and Southampton coverage.

3 solid midfielders. Happy with my front 3 if (iiiffff) Liverpool get their act together.

Biggest issue is zero spurs attacking cover and no Arsenal (not that concerned about that).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foster/Elliott
    Mee, Naughton, Mbemba, Low, Jones
    Miki, Salah, Ritchie, Gross, Carroll
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Opinions?

Lemlin wrote:
    Opinions?

A lot of ppl with big front 3 are going down the same route - 2 big ticket midfielders and 3 steady Eddies.

• Advertisement

I owned Kun and Jesus for the first 4GWs and it's stressful.
    I didn't have a premium Lukaku/Kane beside them but chose Kun for the captaincy always ahead of Jesus except in GW4 (against Liverpool). Jesus outscored Kun 23-21 in the first four weeks and yet is was Kun I sold for Kane!!.

I guess what I'm saying/asking is do you just treat them as a "coverage pair" for a high scoring City team and ignore them both as potential Captains?

ElTel wrote: »
    I owned Kun and Jesus for the first 4GWs and it's stressful.
    I didn't have a premium Lukaku/Kane beside them but chose Kun for the captaincy always ahead of Jesus except in GW4 (against Liverpool). Jesus outscored Kun 23-21 in the first four weeks and yet is was Kun I sold for Kane!!.

I guess what I'm saying/asking is do you just treat them as a "coverage pair" for a high scoring City team and ignore them both as potential Captains?

I suppose they are sort of a 'coverage pair' in the same way some people would double up with a striker and midfielder from the same team.

They can score or assist every game, I've finally accepted that Pep might frequently play both of them and there is no team that attacks more in the premier league than City.

I will see them individually as captain options. That choice is a punt every week anyway regardless of which strikers you own.

When I find out which one is definitely on penalties or playing centrally more often then I'll have found my most likely captain.

Having Kane also gives me another captain option.

Whatta ya think of this bad boy lads.

Going 433

DGG

Alonso / Bavies / Yoshi (or Lascellas) /Hegazi

Miki / D Silva / Fabregas

Aguero / Lukaku / Firmino

Bench : Elliot, Atsu, RLC, 4m fodder defender

Think I have a pretty solid back 5 - united, Spurs, Chelsea, Pulis and Southampton coverage.

3 solid midfielders. Happy with my front 3 if (iiiffff) Liverpool get their act together.

Biggest issue is zero spurs attacking cover and no Arsenal (not that concerned about that).

Commit to the 4 at the back and trust RLC/Atsu!
    Upgrade Hegazi to Arsenal and downgrade Fab.
    Spurs attack for me so Kane before Lukaku.
    Double Pep in attack will give you more grey hairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭remoteboy

SlickRic wrote: »
    Look at Kane's next fixtures, and his continuing underlying stats before getting rid.
    km79 wrote: »
    Keep Kane
    Nice team apart from mooy. Could you afford Brady?

So conflicted with Kane. I get the underlying stats thing and I know if I sell him he'll start banging them in. But the decision to bring him in for Lukaku contributed to an awful gameweek (dropped 100K places). And the fact is he's not delivering value for money compared to the other forwards.

I'm looking to play 433 so ideally need three solid mids and three solid forwards. I have three options at the moment

A.
    Mikhy / Groß / Eriksen / Ritchie / Cork
    Kane / Vardy / Kun

B.
    Mikhy / David Silva / Eriksen / Ritchie / Cork
    Lukaku / Wood / Kun

C.
    Mikhy / David Silva / Eriksen / Ritchie / Cork
    Morata / Vardy / Kun

I'm not convinced by Morata but that might change when Hazard gets back to fitness. Right now I'm leaning towards option B.

In defence the only decision to make is Kiko or Naughton. There's not a lot between them. Naughton has better fixtures but Kiko hoovers up bonus points when he plays.

Think I have my team set up now though apart from one decision.

Pereira Elliot
    Alonso Kolasinac Davies Jones Naughton
    Eriksen Mkhi/Siggy RLC Carroll King
    Aguero Kane Vardy

Will play 523 most weeks. I have enough to do Carroll to Atsu but I'm not sure if it's worth. I know Mkhi is the safe option especially with no Lukaku but I've a good feeling on Siggy having a good run.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Silva naughton lascelles 343
    Richie kola otamendi in a 433
    Think ill end up ditching silva so would like do it now upgrade def. Mmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Think I have my team set up now though apart from one decision.

Pereira Elliot
    Alonso Kolasinac Davies Jones Naughton
    Eriksen Mkhi/Siggy RLC Carroll King
    Aguero Kane Vardy

Will play 523 most weeks. I have enough to do Carroll to Atsu but I'm not sure if it's worth. I know Mkhi is the safe option especially with no Lukaku but I've a good feeling on Siggy having a good run.

Thoughts?

To be fair I wouldn't go that route. You are missing on a lot of players who can get some points having 5 possible 2 pointers every week.

Your choice, but having five defenders playing every week might ( and very likely will) kill your points potential.

You have one premium player in the midfield and two up front.

That's all you got tbh.

Reconsider is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Lemlin wrote: »
    Foster/Elliott
    Mee, Naughton, Mbemba, Low, Jones
    Miki, Salah, Ritchie, Gross, Carroll
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Opinions?

Mee needs to be monitored for a drop in price but he looks very good and has been unlucky not to have a goal or two already.

Mbemba should be fine until Dummet returns and who knows if Dummet will replace him. Dummet is a player who divides the Newcastle camp, many don't want him in there in the first place but for me he's underrated. He defends. He does the unnoticed things well yet people keep calling for his head. I suppose I'm saying that this could be a good chance to get a regularly starting 4.0 defender in a tight defense.

The word is that Lowe is on pens, we'll have to wait and see. I'd get rid of him myself (have you had a look at their long term fixtures)

Maybe take a look at Yedlin from Newcastle for 4.4 attacking right back or wimmer for stoke 4.4 (stoke look a tidy side and they're seem to be starting to gel)

Jones and Naughton look very good.

Your midfield looks very good, Ritchie has a hand in all good things for Newcastle who have a nice run, and Gross could be a gem as well as a cash cow for the moment.

Your attack needs no mention it's super.

Anyone holding on to Hegazi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Whats the story with Mbemba? Likely to hold onto his spot?

Advertisement