Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mectavba

Wildcard team currently looking like this...

Foster, Elliot

Kiko Fermenia, Naughton, DAvies, Jones, Clark

Mkhi, D Silva, Ritchie, Choupo, Obiang

Jesus, KAne, Lukaku

Comments??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Anyone holding on to Hegazi?

I'd be nervous hanging on to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

This WC is starting to do my head in!

I started the week set on the big front 3, but the more I looked at it, the more I went off the idea, the rest of my team was just too weak.

I'm currently looking at:
    Fabianski/Elliott
    Kolasinic/Davies/Jones/Ward(or Mee)/Mbemba
    Salah/Mkhitaryan/Ramsey/Atsu/Carroll
    Aguero/Kane/Vardy (if fit)

The mid price midfielders aren't great to be honest, which is why I have Ramsey, but I'm also considering downgrading to Ritchie, upgrading Atsu to Brady and Ward to a 5m defender and going 4-3-3

There will be a lot of head scratching done between now and Saturday morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Currently on this for wildcard. anything that stands out?
    Eliot
    Alonso---Davies----Daniels
    Eriksen-Silva-Mkhi-Fabregas
    Kane----Aguero----Joselu

Currently on this for wildcard. anything that stands out?
    Eliot
    Alonso---Davies----Daniels
    Eriksen-Silva-Mkhi-Fabregas
    Kane----Aguero----Joselu

Yes, you are short 4 players :eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭dicky dunne

Wildcard played last week:

Elliot
    Hart

Jones--Davies---Naughton---Simpson---Hunemeier

Salah---Silva--Mkhy----Obiang---Doucoure

---Aguero---Kane---Firmino

Will be looking to play a 3-4-3/4-3-3 each week

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Benimar wrote: »
    Yes, you are short 4 players :eek::pac:

:D I'm hoping to make .1. I need Lascelles Otamendi or Grob to go up .1 to bank the extra .1
    At the moment I have Romeu or(Carroll), Mbemba, Hunemiser, Pereira.
    If I make .1 rosenior/myhill will come in
    Will basically bench these every week and if 1 or 2 don't play at least I have 2 regular starters on the bench

Benimar wrote: »

I started the week set on the big front 3, but the more I looked at it, the more I went off the idea, the rest of my team was just too weak.

I'm currently looking at:
    Fabianski/Elliott
    Kolasinic/Davies/Jones/Ward(or Mee)/Mbemba
    Salah/Mkhitaryan/Ramsey/Atsu/Carroll
    Aguero/Kane/Vardy (if fit)

The mid price midfielders aren't great to be honest, which is why I have Ramsey, but I'm also considering downgrading to Ritchie, upgrading Atsu to Brady and Ward to a 5m defender and going 4-3-3

Nothing wrong with that team.

Low priced mids are a necessity if you want the premium defenders and strikers.

I think you've done well there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    Benimar wrote:

V similar to my own wc team. I have Fabregas instead of Ramsey

I'm thinking about downgrading Kane and using the funds to bring in Alonso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Whatta ya think of this bad boy lads.

Going 433

DGG

Alonso / Bavies / Yoshi (or Lascellas) /Hegazi

Miki / D Silva / Fabregas

Aguero / Lukaku / Firmino

Bench : Elliot, Atsu, RLC, 4m fodder defender

Think I have a pretty solid back 5 - united, Spurs, Chelsea, Pulis and Southampton coverage.

3 solid midfielders. Happy with my front 3 if (iiiffff) Liverpool get their act together.

Biggest issue is zero spurs attacking cover and no Arsenal (not that concerned about that).

I think it'd be nice to squeeze Spurs and/or arsenal cover in. I know you'll only be a transfer away from it but u need it so u don't fall behind and make a rash transfer.

Looking at your team it looks good though and you do have some Spurs cover in Babies. One from each top team is maybe how you've to spread it idk! Could do Silva to Ramsey for Arsenal. I think Arsenal will come back on form. Good win against Bournemouth but solid enough performance against Chelsea away from home. Sanchez is too expensive until he explodes and Lacaz is too expensive until the team start firing I feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Looking at your team it looks good though and you do have some Spurs cover in Babies. One from each top team is maybe how you've to spread it idk! Could do Silva to Ramsey for Arsenal. I think Arsenal will come back on form. Good win against Bournemouth but solid enough performance against Chelsea away from home. Sanchez is too expensive until he explodes and Lacaz is too expensive until the team start firing I feel.

Thanks for the feedback.

Since posting I've gone firmino to Vardy as Firmino was heading towards a price drop at one stage. I might reverse that yet buy Liverpools firm is worrying (especially after last night)

I have. 8 itb and. 9 to upgrade either Lukaku or Kun to Kane but I might just hold off until spurs win at Wembley first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brighton make Tim Krul's move from Newcastle permanent meaning he can now play against his former club on Sunday https://t.co/ZdY01ljVDA

He is nearly worth the punt now for anyone wildcarding
    Wish I had gone with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Decided to WC this week. No idea who to bring in and this week been extremely busy but have settled on this.

Any feedback v much appreciated positive & negative!

Krul / Elliott (Starting Elliott every week. Had Foster & Eliott since the start and kept getting it wrong so gonna set & forget here, Krul MIGHT get a game but doubtful but decent shout from the 4.0s)

Davies / Jones / Walker / Tuanzebe / Hunemeier (Davies looks nailed on for the next while with Rose out. Jones been a constant starter for me this week, good united cover. Walker been excellent since the red card. Great returns attacking & defensively. Tuanzebe & Hunemeier as 3.9s. Rangel looks close to 3.9 as does Long so will switch Tuanzebe out as don't wanna waste United placeholder) I know all about defensive rotation but I'll be playing those main 3 each week, less thing to worry about.

Ritchie / Salah / Eriksen / Andy King / RLC (Think Eriksen will be the Spurs POTY, Salah has had a great start so far and looks like he'll get a lot more points than Firmino can't afford Mane. Ritchie I've had since the start, everything Newcastle do goes through him. Will rotate RLC & Andy King, play RLC more id say. Palace been obviously brutal but he's looked good and quite attacking)

Lukaku / Morata / Aguero (toyed with Jesus over Morata but settled on Chelsea cover. Decentish fixtures coming up and Morata has had a good start. Lukaku doesn't look like he'll stop even if not playing well. Aguero nuff said)

Worries - v light defensively back up and in goals with Elliot. No kane is a concern but possibly okay with Eriksen there

Anyone care to tell me to pull the trigger or reset? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

No real choice there week on week!

Some one was asking about downgrading Ramsey to Richie, I'd considerate that an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Decided to WC this week. No idea who to bring in and this week been extremely busy but have settled on this.

Krul / Elliott (Starting Elliott every week. Had Foster & Eliott since the start and kept getting it wrong so gonna set & forget here, Krul MIGHT get a game but doubtful but decent shout from the 4.0s)

Davies / Jones / Walker / Tuanzebe / Hunemeier (Davies looks nailed on for the next while with Rose out. Jones been a constant starter for me this week, good united cover. Walker been excellent since the red card. Great returns attacking & defensively. Tuanzebe & Hunemeier as 3.9s. Rangel looks close to 3.9 as does Long so will switch Tuanzebe out as don't wanna waste United placeholder) I know all about defensive rotation but I'll be playing those main 3 each week, less thing to worry about.

Ritchie / Salah / Eriksen / Andy King / RLC (Think Eriksen will be the Spurs POTY, Salah has had a great start so far and looks like he'll get a lot more points than Firmino can't afford Mane. Ritchie I've had since the start, everything Newcastle do goes through him. Will rotate RLC & Andy King, play RLC more id say. Palace been obviously brutal but he's looked good and quite attacking)

Lukaku / Morata / Aguero (toyed with Jesus over Morata but settled on Chelsea cover. Decentish fixtures coming up and Morata has had a good start. Lukaku doesn't look like he'll stop even if not playing well. Aguero nuff said)

Worries - v light defensively back up and in goals with Elliot. No kane is a concern but possibly okay with Eriksen there

I'd say there will be weeks when you only have 1 defender that plays.

Jesus playing 90 minutes tonight is a complete head fūck. 100% complete head fūck.

Thought I had my team boxed off but I now have to really consider dropping him.

If the rotation thing is true then he's currently set to play 90 minutes midweek in Europe and 60 in premier league.

What a complete pain in the balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Jesus playing 90 minutes tonight is a complete head fūck. 100% complete head fūck.

Thought I had my team boxed off but I now have to really consider dropping him.

If the rotation thing is true then he's currently set to play 90 minutes midweek in Europe and 60 in premier league.

What a complete pain in the balls.
    If I was still on WC there would be no question now I'd go with aguero

km79 wrote: »

I am.

I was all set to double up with Kun and Jesus. Kane was my third striker and I was happy with the rest of my team.

Now I'll have an extra 2m if I bring in Vardy and will have to start tinkering with the rest of my team to spread the cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Not been on much this week so far but I'm looking at these 2 options....

A
    Krelliot
    Alonso, Bavies, Kolasinac, Jones, (Mbemba)
    Salah, Mhkitaryan, Ritchie (RLC, Carroll)
    Aguero, Kane, Vardy

B
    Krelliot
    Cedric, Bavies, Kolasinac, Jones, (Mbemba)
    Salah, Ramsey, Ritchie (RLC, Carroll)
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

3 differences.
    Cedric, Ramsey, Lukaku vs Alonso, Mhkitaryan, Vardy.

433 obviously.

Ritchie has good stats, fixtures, set pieces and penalties and Newcastle looking decent.

The rest are fairly self explanatory.

Team A has 4 penalty takers and Alonso on direct FKs.

Team B allows a couple of weeks to decide which of the big front 3 to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

FHFC wrote: »
    3 differences.

I can't see you staying happy with Ramsey and Cedric they are both transfers waiting to happy-
    Lukaku will outscore Vardy by a bit
    But Miki and Alonso will treble the scores from the other two.
    Has be Alonso, Miki and Vardy

• Advertisement

@FHFC

Option A is close to what I’m looking at (Fabianski, Ward and Ramsey instead of Krul, Alonso and RLC) so that would obviously be my preferred option of your two.

However, I think the Krul and Elliott combination is an accident waiting to happen to be honest. Krul won’t displace Ryan so if anything happens Elliott you will have no keeper and, with no other viable 4.0 options, it will take 2 transfers to sort out (assuming you have no funds in the bank)

km79 wrote: »

I am.

I was all set to double up with Kun and Jesus. Kane was my third striker and I was happy with the rest of my team.

Now I'll have an extra 2m if I bring in Vardy and will have to start tinkering with the rest of my team to spread the cash.

That Aguero/Jesus news has me changing things too.

Foster/Elliot

Davies/ Kiko Femenia/ Naughton/ Ward/ Mbemba

Mkhi/ D Silva/ Ritchie / Choupo/ Obiang

Aguero/ Kane/ Lukaku

A little light defensively. Do we reckon Krul is going to start for Brighton? Krul/Elliot double up would free up some cash.

I think the general consensus is that Krul will be the back up keeper.

Edit - but I have toyed with buying those two and playing Elliott every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Not been on much this week so far but I'm looking at these 2 options....

A
    Krelliot
    Alonso, Bavies, Kolasinac, Jones, (Mbemba)
    Salah, Mhkitaryan, Ritchie (RLC, Carroll)
    Aguero, Kane, Vardy

B
    Krelliot
    Cedric, Bavies, Kolasinac, Jones, (Mbemba)
    Salah, Ramsey, Ritchie (RLC, Carroll)
    Aguero, Kane, Lukaku

3 differences.

433 obviously.

Ritchie has good stats, fixtures, set pieces and penalties and Newcastle looking decent.

The rest are fairly self explanatory.

Team A has 4 penalty takers and Alonso on direct FKs.

Team B allows a couple of weeks to decide which of the big front 3 to drop.

I think there is too much neglect of midfield in team 2 and in general by most players. It seems spending more on defence is a good idea this year but I think to only leave yourself with 1 premium mid slot is dangerous. Personally I think 2 big hitters up front is enough as it covers capataincy and you can switch around them if needed. A liverpool mid, A utd mid, alli or eriksen, potentailly hazard, sanchez could all be viable options soon enough. Its a really tough balancing act however I wouldnt be comfortable going all in on my defence and all in on my attack to leave so little money for mids.
    The reason I havent wildcarded yet is I cant decide how to spread out my money and there are so many ways to approach it. Ideally Id like 2 big hitters up front with another cheap striker like hemed, abraham or someone in that price region.

Took Kane out of my wildcard team to see what it would like. Looks a lot more balanced

De Gea/Elliot

Davies/Monreal/Kiko F/Ward/Mbemba.............I will have a closer look at the 2 4.5 defs to try and get the best combo for upcoming fixtures. Monreal looks a good bet for CS for the next 3 fixtures.

Mkhi/D Silva/Ritchie/Choupo/Obiang

Aguero/Jesus/Lukaku

Lack Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal coverage. Obviously with the 3 City big hitters compromises are made. Ready to change to perhaps LAcazette the week after. I can see the rotation of the front 3 being a constant this season. That's why for my wildcard I want to try and get as many season keepers in GK/Def/MF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

skippy15 wrote: »
    I can't see you staying happy with Ramsey and Cedric they are both transfers waiting to happy-
    Lukaku will outscore Vardy by a bit
    But Miki and Alonso will treble the scores from the other two.
    Has be Alonso, Miki and Vardy

Ramsey I rate and is a viable pick for their good fixtures, not a long term option I agree.

What's wrong with Cedric though? One of the things I dislike about Team A is having to drop him for no good reason. sto/NEW/WBA/bha/BUR after the United game, in a good defence (3 CS from 5 with arguable their 2nd choice CB pairing) with attacking threat. Whether Alonso is better than Cedric plus 2m is a stretch IMO.
    I think there is too much neglect of midfield in team 2 and in general by most players. It seems spending more on defence is a good idea this year but I think to only leave yourself with 1 premium mid slot is dangerous. Personally I think 2 big hitters up front is enough as it covers capataincy and you can switch around them if needed. A liverpool mid, A utd mid, alli or eriksen, potentailly hazard, sanchez could all be viable options soon enough. Its a really tough balancing act however I wouldnt be comfortable going all in on my defence and all in on my attack to leave so little money for mids.
    The reason I havent wildcarded yet is I cant decide how to spread out my money and there are so many ways to approach it. Ideally Id like 2 big hitters up front with another cheap striker like hemed, abraham or someone in that price region.

Yeah, the only reason I'm considering Team B is as a short term measure to assess which of the big three strikers to drop, either to Vardy, or a cheaper forward. Bony and Woods of Burnley being potentials. I agree that its not a viable structure going forward. Alonso in Team A is actually how you maintain flexibility. He could drop to a 5.0 at any time to give you 2m to spend in midfield.

I think with 2 of Kane/Aguero/Lukaku at any time fitting one of Sanchez/Hazard will be difficult and with the forwards covering captaincy options I think it may be overkill to have Haz/Sanchez unless dropping a second of the holy trinity. Moving between 2 to 3 of Hazard, Sanchez, Kane, Lukaku and Aguero with free transfers, based on good fixtures in which you will be captaining them, will be the key for this season IMO.

Quick question :
    Who would you go for.....

A) Kolasinac + sterling
    B) mkhitaryan + Jones
    C) a different combo for €13.8m?

Rest of team....

Foster / Krul
    X Davies Lascelles TFM Long
    X Alli Salah Mooy RLC
    Lukaku Kun Chicarito

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Krul / Elliott

Davies / Jones / Walker / Tuanzebe / Hunemeier

Ritchie / Salah / Eriksen / Andy King / RLC

Lukaku / Morata / Aguero

Originally WC'd with the above team and have now changed to what I feel is a lot more balanced and still has a few heavy hitters in it. Looking at the above not sure what I was thinking !

Krulliott in goal (plan to play Elliott every week)

Mendy, Kolasinac, Jones, Naughton, Hunemeier (Mendy/Walker look like they'll have a class season but gone for Mendy due to his ownership. Kolasinac is effectively a winger now, good fixtures coming up, Jones as United cover has done me well all season, Naughton as a back up WB, Hunemeier as a fodder)

Salah, Miki, Brady, Ritchie, RLC (Salah for Pool cover and has done v well so far, Miki for United cover same as Salah, Brady is a great 5.5 option as on set pieces, Ritchie been great for me all season will defo hang onto him for a long while, RLC cheap fodder but might come in the odd game)

Vardy, Kane, Kun (Hoping Vardy starts the weekend, on pens, started well, great for his price, Kane will come good, have to stick with him underlying stats are outrageous, Kun is Kun)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Quick question :
    Who would you go for.....

A) Kolasinac + sterling
    B) mkhitaryan + Jones
    C) a different combo for €13.8m?

Rest of team....

Foster / Krul
    X Davies Lascelles TFM Long
    X Alli Salah Mooy RLC
    Lukaku Kun Chicarito

Im not sure on ur question but go myhill instead of krul. Least of foster doesnt play myhill defo will while i dont think krul ever will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Any advice on this?

De Gea - Elliot

Kolasinac - Lascelles - Lowe - Mbemba - Long

Salah - Carroll - Grob - RLC- Ramsey

Kane - Aguero - Lukaku

A bit light in midfield. Could drop Kane and upgrade to Silva or KDB

Advertisement