Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

It's that time of year again....evenings getting shorter, sneaky Christmas ads appearing everywhere and Wildcard Launching Season

Currently have Jones and Heaton injured, and Bavies sufferering with a Poch-rotator niggle.

Haven't pushed the WC button just yet but did a rough draft last night....all feedback welcomed...

Current Squad:

Heaton Elliot

Jones Bavies Lowe Ward Yoshida

Sane TPT Mooy Antonio Choupo

Lukaku Kane Jesus

WC Draft:

Speroni Elliot

Stones Simpson Ward Duffy Yoshida

Richarlson Coutinho Choupo Dilva Mahrez

Abraham Kane Aguerooooo

- No ManU, Chelsea or Arsenal :eek:
    - Mahrez is a punt
    - Just realised I wanted to put Zaha in as well :confused:
    - Coutinho interchangeable with Salah
    - Abraham can change to Afobe as well....will prob be playing 442 or 352 depending on fixtures anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Would Mahrez to Zaha & Abraham to Vardy work?

If you feel like a Mahrez punt then Vardy usually will go hand in hand so you're still getting your punt imo.

Edit: You're probably a little short. Surman in for Choupo would get you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Going to
    Speroni, Elliott
    Otamendi, Yoshida, Ward, Manquilo, Mariappa
    Salah, Hazard, Sterling, Ritchie, Carroll
    Aguero, Kane, Abraham

Wildcard activated....such a relief, it was nearly becoming a burden ;-)

Speroni | Elliot

Moreno | Duffy | Yoshida | Ward | Daniels

Salah | Dilva | Zaha | Richarlison | Atsu

Vardy | Kane | Aguerooooo

0.1m ITB

Actually fairly happy with that....but will probably tinker around with it for the next few days.

- Dilva vs. Sane will be a big call
    - Atsu & Vardy might also change to Mahrez and AN Other.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Wildcard activated....such a relief, it was nearly becoming a burden ;-)

Speroni | Elliot

Salah | Dilva | Zaha | Richarlison | Atsu

Vardy | Kane | Aguerooooo

0.1m ITB

Actually fairly happy with that....but will probably tinker around with it for the next few days.

- Dilva vs. Sane will be a big call
    - Atsu & Vardy might also change to Mahrez and AN Other.

Good work. I like that team.

Stanislas might be worth considering. He’s playing well. They have good fixtures and will have plenty of fight to get out of their current predicament.

He’s also on set pieces and pens while Defoe is out. Not sure how long Defoe is out for though.

That all said I’d have Richarlison and Zaha ahead of Stanislas. But I’d consider Stanislas over Silva to allow cash for elsewhere. Kun is the only man needed at City.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the feedback....actually before reading your post I had done some more fluting around....

If I reinstate TPT for Atsu, and swap Doucoure in for Richarlison, I have the exact funds for Morata instead of Vardy.

Tempting and would sort out my non Chelsea problem. Really want Richarlison though so the radical no City mids approach will be investigated :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cheers for the feedback....actually before reading your post I had done some more fluting around....

If I reinstate TPT for Atsu, and swap Doucoure in for Richarlison, I have the exact funds for Morata instead of Vardy.

Tempting and would sort out my non Chelsea problem. Really want Richarlison though so the radical no City mids approach will be investigated :-)
    Richarlson was much much much more impressive than any Chelsea player
    I don't have any of them and have no plans too

It’s also a pity for WC users, this week, that the Everton manager isn’t in situ.

When the new manger decides on his RB then you could have a lovely 8.8m rotation with LFC if you fancied it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

It’s also a pity for WC users, this week, that the Everton manager isn’t in situ.

When the new manger decides on his RB then you could have a lovely 8.8m rotation with LFC if you fancied it.

Great shout on Everton, their fixtures are coming good and I'm looking at their Everton defence now.

I really don't think Cuco Martina is Premier League standard and think Koeman was keeping Martina in a job as some sort of 'make a wish.'

Until Coleman returns, that leaves Holgate and Kenny as Right backs classed as defenders. (Both 4.3)

Calvert-Lewin (5.0 Striker) was deployed as a RWB earlier in the season, if that happened again it'd be frustrating.

My pick would be Holgate based on his performances last season, but didn't see much of Kenny against Arsenal, only know that he's meant to be rated highly in the club. But that's just guesswork without a manager in place.

Any Everton fans have thoughts on this and who do they think has a better chance of a run of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

I need a wildcard to repair the damage I did in using my wildcard. Don't think I've made such a mess of a wildcard since the first year I played fpl.
    Considering giving it one more week but most probably looking at 5 or 6 transfers over the next couple of weeks.
    Came close to rage transferring out 6 of them Sunday night, but logged out instead

• Advertisement

I need a wildcard to repair the damage I did in using my wildcard. Don't think I've made such a mess of a wildcard since the first year I played fpl.
    Considering giving it one more week but most probably looking at 5 or 6 transfers over the next couple of weeks.
    Came close to rage transferring out 6 of them Sunday night, but logged out instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

You chose those players for a reason

Have a bit of patience with them :)

I have a friend who has made about 30 transfers this season, he would be 150 points better off if he did nothing

naughtb4 wrote: »

You chose those players for a reason

Have a bit of patience with them :)

I have a friend who has made about 30 transfers this season, he would be 150 points better off if he did nothing

Fair point, and probably should give it a week or two.
    For a combination of reasons it was the wrong week for me to wildcard, ended up being very rushed decisions, and without enough thought put into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Fair point, and probably should give it a week or two.
    For a combination of reasons it was the wrong week for me to wildcard, ended up being very rushed decisions, and without enough thought put into it

Just had a look back at your WC team that you posted. A Capt Kane would have changed everything for you. You were unlucky Sterling didn't start.

I don't think you need much changes, just get Kane or Aguero in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sorry can't multi quote on phone.

In regards Everton. Will be amazed if Martina plays again for us. He was just Koemans boy. He was dreadful.

Hard to know who starts between Kenny/Holgate currently. Holgate can also play CB.

William's has been dreadful and deserves yo be dropped based on performances.

Ideally could be Kenny Holgate Jags Keane Baines.

Right...it's been probably more that 24 hours since I posted in this thread :eek:

Hope I'm not clogging up the thread too much with my ramblings...I have literally nobody else to talk to about FPL....asked the missus the other night about Richarlison and she was having none of it.

Like everyone else my head is half-melted with the Pep-tation going on at City – I captained Jesus last weekend so have been burned once already.

Was all set on Kun but last night’s scenario has me now turning to Jesus again….which would also allow for Surman to magically transform into Stanislas.

Speroni | Elliot

Salah | Dilva | Zaha | Richarlison | Surman (Stanislas)

Vardy | Kane | Aguerooooo (Jesus)

I think I'm happier with the Jesus-Stanislas option :confused: - don't know a whole lot about Surman tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Right...it's been probably more that 24 hours since I posted in this thread :eek:

Hope I'm not clogging up the thread too much with my ramblings...I have literally nobody else to talk to about FPL....asked the missus the other night about Richarlison and she was having none of it.

Like everyone else my head is half-melted with the Pep-tation going on at City – I captained Jesus last weekend so have been burned once already.

Was all set on Kun but last night’s scenario has me now turning to Jesus again….which would also allow for Surman to magically transform into Stanislas.

Speroni | Elliot

I think I'm happier with the Jesus-Stanislas option :confused: - don't know a whole lot about Surman tbh....

Can you afford Morata/RLC and Choupo instead of Vardy/Zaha/Stanislas?

I like Stanislas but Bournemouth have plenty of attacking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Speroni | Elliot

I'd probably be on sane and Silva on wildcard and forgetting about a city striker if I was wildcarding this week.

Ideally could be Kenny Holgate Jags Keane Baines.

Think I'm going to roll the dice with Kenny.

Have 3 starting defenders so I'll survive if he doesn't play

shineon23 wrote: »
    Think I'm going to roll the dice with Kenny.

Have 3 starting defenders so I'll survive if he doesn't play

He started tonight in what looks like their back 4 so it’s a good punt.

• Advertisement

With Kane being a doubt I wonder will WC’s this week start with Sanchez and swap Kane back in next week.

Seen a bit of the game and Unsworth was talking about his own discussions with the chairman in days and weeks to come, so he plans on sticking round :pac:

I'm basing those words and Kenny starting tonight, that Kenny is in Unsworth's plans. It's very punty :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Yeh played quite well too. When I was watching I could hear Unsworth encouraging him " Well in, great touch that's it, go forward etc"

Kenny I think would have been in his U23 squad so it be no surprise to him start.

Everton played well in 2nd half and were unlikely not to score before some Willian magic.

More worrying for me in terms of FPL is that Chelsea still not keeping clean sheets. I know it was there 2nd string defence but still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,428 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Speroni | Elliot

I'd be on Aguero if it were me

Would u not just downgrade Surman to a playing 4.4 mid and bank the 0.2 or reinvest it. Realistically you're never going to start Surman and if u have to its unlikely you'll hit on the weekend he gets his goal.

Well well well...the Kane injury has thrown a spanner in the works a bit...

A few options I guess...

A) keep Kane in anyway and hope he's back for Palace

B) get Morata in and keep 2.6m in the bank

C) go nuts and get Sanchez in as well (would replace Dilva, and Surman or TPT would be back in)

Should keep me busy for a few hours anyway

Well we'll well...the Kane injury has thrown a spanner in the works a bit...

A few options I guess...

A) keep Kane in anyway and hope he's back for Palace

B) get Morata in and keep 2.6m in the bank

C) go nuts and get Sanchez in as well (would replace Dilva, and Surman or TPT would be back in.

Should keep me busy for a few hours anyway

Keep it simple. Go with Sanchez, as he’s captain material this week, and then have a simple (but likely -4 plan) to swap Sanchez out for Kane next weekend.

Is playing a wildcard on the back of the Kane news incredibly stupid?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is playing a wildcard on the back of the Kane news incredibly stupid?

Maybe not.

I’ve just read on Twitter he’s out until after the internationals.

Maybe not.

I’ve just read on Twitter he’s out until after the internationals.

Going to lose 0.2 on him though

0 work being done this afternoon

• Advertisement

Elliot, Speroni
    Jones, Ward, Otamendi, Cedric, Kiko F
    Salah, Sterling, Zaha, Richard, Silva,
    Laca, Abraham, Morata

Happy enough with that

Advertisement