Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Potentially pulling the trigger on the wildcard tonight, any thoughts n the below would be much appreciated:

De Gea Elliott
    Jones Gomez Duffy Daniels Mbemba
    Hazard Salah Zaha Gross Caroll
    Aguero Kane Abraham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Potentially pulling the trigger on the wildcard tonight, any thoughts n the below would be much appreciated:

De Gea
    Aguero Kane Abraham

Who is the sub keeper?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Who is the sub keeper?

Good spot! Elliott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

De Gea Elliott
    Aguero Kane Abraham

I like this team but personally, I don't think Hazard is value for money at his price, although he got his first dbl digit score last week.

As City are quite free scoring, would it not be best to get in Sane/Sterling and use the extra funds elsewhere, perhaps upgrading Gomez.

Double United defence is risky but could work out well, RLC might be the better 4.5 option long term too

Best of luck otherwise

I like this team but personally, I don't think Hazard is value for money at his price, although he got his first dbl digit score last week.

As City are quite free scoring, would it not be best to get in Sane/Sterling and use the extra funds elsewhere, perhaps upgrading Gomez.

Double United defence is risky but could work out well, RLC might be the better 4.5 option long term too

Best of luck otherwise

You've echoed my own thoughts re Hazard and Sane, worried about rotation but it'll be a Saturday morning call I'd say.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Best of luck otherwise

I wouldn't class double United defence as risky, 8 CS's out of 10 so far is well worth doubling up on imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't class double United defence as risky, 8 CS's out of 10 so far is well worth doubling up on imo.

Doubling up on any defence is risky IMO. All it takes is a split second lapse of concentration, silly OG and a CS is gone.

United have been unreal defensively this season and I’ve been blessed to have Jones in from the start. Another 8 CS from the next 10 would be nothing short of spectacular. Averaging 29 over the 38 games per season is unprecedented.

As a United fan I hope they continue it, but double defensive is high risk high reward for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Doubling up on any defence is risky IMO. All it takes is a split second lapse of concentration, silly OG and a CS is gone.

United have been unreal defensively this season and I’ve been blessed to have Jones in from the start. Another 8 CS from the next 10 would be nothing short of spectacular. Averaging 29 over the 38 games per season is unprecedented.

As a United fan I hope they continue it, but double defensive is high risk high reward for me

I just don't get the logic that it's risky. Any defender can lose a CS due to the reasons you've listed. Whether you have 1, 2 or 3 of them doesn't effect their likelihood to keep/lose a CS.

It's "emotionally risky" though.

You've echoed my own thoughts re Hazard and Sane, worried about rotation but it'll be a Saturday morning call I'd say.

Cheers.

What's the team value?

I like the team overall but not a Daniel's fan, more so cos I think Bournemouth are awful

What's the team value?

I like the team overall but not a Daniel's fan, more so cos I think Bournemouth are awful

100.6, TV has taken a beating in the last few weeks unfortunately. The above team leaves me with 0.1 in the kitty.

I see what you mean about Bmouth, their fixtures are excellent though. Also considering Ben Mee for the spot.

• Advertisement

100.6, TV has taken a beating in the last few weeks unfortunately. The above team leaves me with 0.1 in the kitty.

I see what you mean about Bmouth, their fixtures are excellent though. Also considering Ben Mee for the spot.
    I went with Mee at the last minute, he's solid. Less explosive than Daniel's but more consistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Just so you know Ben Mee is on about 92% to a price drop - have had him since the start and he has been threatening to drop but has turned it around with a couple CS at opportune times. If TV is something you are actively trying to maintain Lowton or the other centre back from Burnley at 4.5 might be worth considering.

What's the team value?

I think that’s very unfair assessment of Bournemouth.

I think they did struggle early on but I think they have been improving. They have been much better in their last 3 games and I think Howe is showing he is not a one trick pony like Wenger.

He has worked on making them tighter and they are playing better for it.
    I expect them to be ready to take full advantage of their upcoming fixtures.

Good players, good team and a real good manager. They have also been unlucky not to have a regular starting 11 due to having some injury prone players.

I think that’s very unfair assessment of Bournemouth.

I think they did struggle early on but I think they have been improving. They have been much better in their last 3 games and I think Howe is showing he is not a one trick pony like Wenger.

He has worked on making them tighter and they are playing better for it.
    I expect them to be ready to take full advantage of their upcoming fixtures.

Good players, good team and a real good manager. They have also been unlucky not to have a regular starting 11 due to having some injury prone players.

One clean sheet all year though, for 0.4 less Mee is a better choice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd look for a differential if you're only getting GroB now and Mbemba is well down the pecking order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd look for a differential if you're only getting GroB now and Mbemba is well down the pecking order.

Interesting line from Rafa
    @BenDinnery: No way back for Jack. Rafa says Chancel Mbemba could play ahead of Colback in midfield if needed.
    Best of the 4ml options

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    Interesting line from Rafa
    @BenDinnery: No way back for Jack. Rafa says Chancel Mbemba could play ahead of Colback in midfield if needed.
    Best of the 4ml options

Colback hasn't played a minutes football this season.

Colback hasn't played a minutes football this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Alright chums, lets do this! - LEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINSSSSS!!!!!!!

Team as it stands

Foster Elliot
    Jones Bavies Lascalles Duffy Naughton
    Salah Silva TPT RLC Sanchez
    Jesus Morata Vardy

First draft

Speroni Elliot
    Mee Lowe Lascalles Duffy Gomez
    Salah Sane Richarlison Grob Eriksen
    Kane Aguero Diouf

Defense for under 30 million by shipping out expensive defenders and other dead weight. Elliot will be playing keeper for always and ever in every game. Speroni is filler but has a chance of becoming a starter I suppose at some point as Hennessy is USELESS.
    The 5 defenders are all in teams that are keeping clean sheets or are players who bring other attacking qualities. Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Brighton and Liverpool(home) - Gomez only gets a game at home.

This leaves me with almost 70 million to really splash out on my front 8

Of the 8, Diouf will probably spend the majority of the time on the bench, but hes a great 12th man to be able to come in should pep do what pep does to either of my city players ;)

Rikand wrote: »
    Alright chums, lets do this! - LEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINSSSSS!!!!!!!

Team as it stands

Foster Elliot
    Jesus Morata Vardy

First draft

Speroni Elliot
    Kane Aguero Diouf

Defense for under 30 million by shipping out expensive defenders and other dead weight. Elliot will be playing keeper for always and ever in every game. Speroni is filler but has a chance of becoming a starter I suppose at some point as Hennessy is USELESS.
    The 5 defenders are all in teams that are keeping clean sheets or are players who bring other attacking qualities. Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Brighton and Liverpool(home) - Gomez only gets a game at home.

Of the 8, Diouf will probably spend the majority of the time on the bench, but hes a great 12th man to be able to come in should pep do what pep does to either of my city players ;)

Lowe didn't play today
    Find .2 to upgrade diouf to Murray and then switch grobb to shaqiri if you dont fancy double Brighton attack !
    You may have value built up in grobb though.........
    Alli over eriksen may raise the cash.......

• Advertisement

Team as it stands

Foster Elliot
    Jesus Morata Vardy

First draft

Speroni Elliot
    Kane Aguero Diouf

There's no harm putting in some of Hunemeir, Moreno, Alli, Surman, Ayew or Murray to perhaps gain .1s early.

I doubt they'll double rise but could open up a few more options. GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ElTel wrote: »
    There's no harm putting in some of Hunemeir, Moreno, Alli, Surman, Ayew or Murray to perhaps gain .1s early.

I doubt they'll double rise but could open up a few more options. GL

Hopefully i dont forget to change my team before the 2weeks are out :P

Hopefully i dont forget to change my team before the 2weeks are out :P

Just make sure you put a big red X through the players you've value tied up in!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭blackwave

Team as it stands

Foster Elliot
    Jesus Morata Vardy

First draft

Speroni Elliot
    Kane Aguero Diouf

Lascalles came off injured yesterday so I would check his status first. Daniels for Bournemouth is a good swap for .1 more, has great fixtures and potential attacking returns too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A Leicester defender is a good option for the wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Was thinking the same after Puyol's appointment, but having watched them defend against Stoke yesterday, I think I'll wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭radharc

Why? They have 2 clean sheets all season.

I have Morgan btw and will shift him on once I get the chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Wildcard played, first draft:

Speroni Elliot

Alonso Jones Francis Chilwell Hunemeier

Salah Sane Zaha RLC Romeu

Kane Aguero Morata

The one player its killing me to leave out is Richardilson but can't see a way to get him in. Alonso is the obvious one but Chelsea's run of fixtures is so kind I really want at least 2 of their players in my side and love Alonso's explosive potential.

Intending on starting RLC as 4th mid given Palaces excellent run of fixtures. Don't think there is much chance of any double rises but if I can catch any Chilwell will become a 4.4 defender like dunk or a 4.5 like Moreno/Gomez.

Any feedback welcome and appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

danganabu wrote: »
    Was thinking the same after Puyol's appointment, but having watched them defend against Stoke yesterday, I think I'll wait and see.
    radharc wrote: »
    Why? They have 2 clean sheets all season.

I have Morgan btw and will shift him on once I get the chance.

#InClaudeWeTrust

The man can organise a team to not concede,

I'm probably going to get Simpson for guaranteed minutes, but Chilwell (at 4.3) could be a must have as an enabler if he plays regularly OOP when he comes back from injury

• Advertisement

Wildcard played, first draft:

Speroni Elliot

Alonso Jones Francis Chilwell Hunemeier

Salah Sane Zaha RLC Romeu

Kane Aguero Morata

The one player its killing me to leave out is Richardilson but can't see a way to get him in. Alonso is the obvious one but Chelsea's run of fixtures is so kind I really want at least 2 of their players in my side and love Alonso's explosive potential.

Intending on starting RLC as 4th mid given Palaces excellent run of fixtures. Don't think there is much chance of any double rises but if I can catch any Chilwell will become a 4.4 defender like dunk or a 4.5 like Moreno/Gomez.

Any feedback welcome and appreciated.

2 week break so you might get more feedback closer to next Gameweek if you repost it.

I like it except for non playing defender.

Advertisement