Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

shineon23 wrote: »
    #InClaudeWeTrust

The man can organise a team to not concede,

I'm probably going to get Simpson for guaranteed minutes, but Chilwell (at 4.3) could be a must have as an enabler if he plays regularly OOP when he comes back from injury

If you are going down that route I would suggest Fuchs, playing on same side as Grey and really seemed to be getting into very advanced positions last two games, I will have him on the watchlist with the intention of getting him in from GW 15 if Puyol shows signs of solidifying them at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rikand wrote: »
    Alright chums, lets do this! - LEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JENKINSSSSS!!!!!!!

Team as it stands

Foster Elliot
    Jones Bavies Lascalles Duffy Naughton
    Salah Silva TPT RLC Sanchez
    Jesus Morata Vardy

First draft

Speroni Elliot
    Mee Lowe Lascalles Duffy Gomez
    Salah Sane Richarlison Grob Eriksen
    Kane Aguero Diouf

Defense for under 30 million by shipping out expensive defenders and other dead weight. Elliot will be playing keeper for always and ever in every game. Speroni is filler but has a chance of becoming a starter I suppose at some point as Hennessy is USELESS.
    The 5 defenders are all in teams that are keeping clean sheets or are players who bring other attacking qualities. Burnley, Huddersfield, Newcastle, Brighton and Liverpool(home) - Gomez only gets a game at home.

This leaves me with almost 70 million to really splash out on my front 8

Of the 8, Diouf will probably spend the majority of the time on the bench, but hes a great 12th man to be able to come in should pep do what pep does to either of my city players ;)

Second Draft

Here's a Kunless draft team with a beefed up midfield which could let me play 3-5-2 every week. Going Kunless so I can avoid Pep heartbreak

Speroni Elliot
    Mee Malone Yedlin Duffy Gomez
    Salah Sane Richarlison Mahrez Eriksen
    Kane Morata Niasse

I don't fancy Leicester defense right now but there's easy switches to Simpson/Chilwell should the opportunity arise later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

danganabu wrote: »
    If you are going down that route I would suggest Fuchs, playing on same side as Grey and really seemed to be getting into very advanced positions last two games, I will have him on the watchlist with the intention of getting him in from GW 15 if Puyol shows signs of solidifying them at the back.

I agree Fuchs is a better player and has more attacking potential than Simpson, I can't justify the extra 0.4 for him over Simpson in the hope of an occasional assist.

The Simpson/Chilwell move I have in mind is primarily to cut costs to improve my attack.

GW15 seems to be the time to wait until when the fixtures turn, Puel should hopefully have his starting line-up locked in by then as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Second Draft

Here's a Kunless draft team with a beefed up midfield which could let me play 3-5-2 every week. Going Kunless so I can avoid Pep heartbreak

Speroni Elliot
    Mee Malone Yedlin Duffy Gomez
    Salah Sane Richarlison Mahrez Eriksen
    Kane Morata Niasse

I don't fancy Leicester defense right now but there's easy switches to Simpson/Chilwell should the opportunity arise later

Nice and balanced, great front 7 BUT with the rate of goals City are scoring, 2 attackers is a must imo. Peptation or no peptation, I would probably go for Sterling over Mahrez.

I would prob go Alli over Eriksen too, those two moves would prob leave the guts of 1.0m itb which is handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PARlance wrote: »
    Nice and balanced, great front 7 BUT with the rate of goals City are scoring, 2 attackers is a must imo. Peptation or no peptation, I would probably go for Sterling over Mahrez.

I would prob go Alli over Eriksen too, those two moves would prob leave the guts of 1.0m itb which is handy to have.
    Don’t like the no united coverage either!

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »

In an ideal world yes but he's gone with a very strong (& expensive) front 7. The other side of that is that a United defender is out of the equation in a very cheap defence. I wouldn't have any United attackers ahead of his front 7 as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm not sure where you have value built up and if you have anything ITB, I'd agree with both of the above comments.

For my tuppence I'd look at :

Pope Elliot
    Mee Jones Yedlin Duffy Gomez
    Salah Sane Richarlison Sterling Eriksen
    Kane Morata Niasse

I'd also take a second look at Niasse as i'm not sure he'll get playing time and coming into Christmas you'll need a strong bench.

I'd take a look at Ayew for Swansea or possibly Hemed for Brighton (I know that Murray has been doing well but Hemed had been doing pretty well before his ban and got a sub appearance against Swans last week)

Colking wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you have value built up and if you have anything ITB, I'd agree with both of the above comments.

Pope Elliot
    Kane Morata Niasse

I'd also take a second look at Niasse as i'm not sure he'll get playing time and coming into Christmas you'll need a strong bench.

I'd take a look at Ayew for Swansea or possibly Hemed for Brighton (I know that Murray has been doing well but Hemed had been doing pretty well before his ban and got a sub appearance against Swans last week)

Eriksen to Alli would also free up funds.
    Pope to 4.0m keeper and just playing Elliot also an option.

I would worry a liitle bit about Niasse with a new manager but he has impressed in his 6 or so games since coming in, I think he'll continue to be a part until Jan anyway.
    Even as a sub, he has shown that he can score. His points per 90 mins is misleading but it's works out as an incredible 9.09 ppg. It shows potential at the very least. I think Everton fans would be asking questions if a new manager ruled him out of his immediate plans tbh.

Like Rikands draft, I'm working towards a 3-5-2 squad myself and Niasse is there but I see him as my 3rd sub if needed, there will be 2 playing defenders on the bench with him.

Elliot (Krul)
    Jones, Maguire, Mee, (Lascelles, Mbemba)
    Salah, Sane, Silva, Ramsey, Ricarlison
    Kane, Aguero (Niasse)
    0.6 itb

My planned moves are:
    Mbemba to ~4.5 playing
    Jones or Maguire to ~4.5 playing
    Silva to Alli

It's a 3-5-2 without any attacking rotation. I could have Gross & Abraham instead of Ramsey & Niasse but rotation gives me headaches.

Many thanks to everyone for their thoughts. Meant to get back to ye sooner but life is busy and I'm more or less a casual these days ;)

One player I am definitely not going is Raheem ****ing Sterling. I hate him. He's on my list of players that I just hate owning and when I do own them, they either do **** for me or I just hate myself for owning them. Mane is another one of them. Lukaku another. There's a few others, but they're not up for consideration this season so I'll not even deign to mention their names.

If I was to play another Man City player, it would be David Silva. Guaranteed gametime every single week and even though hes playing a little deeper this season, hes been very consistent. A reasonable steady flow of points and minimal frustration is assured with him.

I have owned Chef Alli from GW1 to Gw9 and while he picked up a couple of hauls, he has been a very frustrating player to own and even watch. When I did sell him, I was bloody glad I did and I dont want him back. Eriksen has been a lot more consistent with his points hauls throughout the start of the campaign and for only a couple of 0.1 more, I think hes worth the difference atm...... but the gameweek is young!
    In an ideal world yes but he's gone with a very strong (& expensive) front 7. The other side of that is that a United defender is out of the equation in a very cheap defence. I wouldn't have any United attackers ahead of his front 7 as it stands.

Agreed

However, there is 1 Man United player who is making me rethink this. As posted in the injuries thread....

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/928201684970496000

If Pogba was definitely back, at 8.0 million he would be up for some strong consideration.

Colking wrote: »

Pope Elliot
    Kane Morata Niasse

I have no value built up in my team. That squad I posted earlier had 0.1m left in the bank.
    I had rotating keepers in Elliot and Forster for the first part of the season, but Forster has been benchwarming for the last 6 gameweeks. I'm just planning to play Elliot every game week and having a 4.0 benchfodder who has potential gametime there too down the road. Hennessy is awful, so maybe Speroni might find his way in eventually :)

I'll look at Ayew and Hemed :)

Jones shall not be darkening my door anytime soon. The stress over his permanent yellow flag and will he play/wont he play. its just not worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Still looking at my last 2 defensive slots - would you go Hunemeier (3.9) to enable a 4.5 like Mee or spend the extra 0.1 to get Mariappa who seems more likely to get some mins and get a 4.4 like Dunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

I think going into the congested period of games over the next few weeks, you’re much better off having a full squad of players who will start.

Not on wildcard myself, but I’ll be upgrading Mbemba as soon as is feasible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Still looking at my last 2 defensive slots - would you go Hunemeier (3.9) to enable a 4.5 like Mee or spend the extra 0.1 to get Mariappa who seems more likely to get some mins and get a 4.4 like Dunk?

Mariappa & Dunk for me.

I'm deliberating whether to get a Brighton or Burnley DF in, much for muchness at the moment, Burnley seem to have the edge at home and 'Dycheball'

Having a fifth DF that's somewhat likely to play could be a huge factor in the next couple of GW's

ElTel wrote: »
    There's no harm putting in some of Hunemeir, Moreno, Alli, Surman, Ayew or Murray to perhaps gain .1s early.

I doubt they'll double rise but could open up a few more options. GL

Thanks to this, I missed Mee going up and now I cant afford him :)

Not blaming. All my own fault for going through with it. Just a note to warn others that this tactic doesnt always pay off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

tailgunner wrote: »
    I think going into the congested period of games over the next few weeks, you’re much better off having a full squad of players who will start.

Not on wildcard myself, but I’ll be upgrading Mbemba as soon as is feasible.

100% this if on wildcard now you have to get 15 playing players. Apart from the inevitable rotation there will also be more injuries sustained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

My team at present:

Elliot Speroni

Stones Moreno Francis Dunk Mariappa

Salah Sane Zaha Richardilson RLC

Aguero Morata Kane

Essentially went for Richardilson instead of Alonso after a lot of consideration - so now my front 8 is locked and quite like the two playing 4.0 players in goal but would consider changes to my backline which comes in at 22.9 million if anyone has any suggestions?

Stones is the obvious one to downgrade but gone for him over Jones as I can't see him playing every game between now and January and there aren't many others below that price that caught my eye - but wouldn't mind tinkering to get a regular starter in for Mariappa.

My team at present:

Elliot Speroni

Stones Moreno Francis Dunk Mariappa

Salah Sane Zaha Richardilson RLC

Aguero Morata Kane

Essentially went for Richardilson instead of Alonso after a lot of consideration - so now my front 8 is locked and quite like the two playing 4.0 players in goal but would consider changes to my backline which comes in at 22.9 million if anyone has any suggestions?

Stones is the obvious one to downgrade but gone for him over Jones as I can't see him playing every game between now and January and there aren't many others below that price that caught my eye - but wouldn't mind tinkering to get a regular starter in for Mariappa.

I'd go mee and Simpson/naughton/femenia over stones and marriapa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd go mee and Simpson/naughton/femenia over stones and marriapa.

Simpson could call tonight so hold off till morning

km79 wrote: »
    Simpson could call tonight so hold off till morning

I wait for no man km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I wait for no man km.

Oooppsssssss
    :D

Draft 4

Elliot Speroni
    Lowton Zanka Yedlin Gomes Duffy
    Sane Salah Richarlison Grob Eriksen
    Kane Morata Abraham

+1.3 million

Strongish Front 8 and the extra cash would give me the thoughts of getting someone more extravagant later should I need to. Grob/Abraham rotate well right into Christmas. Zanka instead of Malone @ hudd guarantees a starter

Draft 5

Elliot Speroni
    Lowton Zanka Yedlin Gomes Duffy
    Sane Salah Richarlison Eriksen (Pogba/Silva/Mahrez)
    Kane Morata (A cheapie)

Strong front 7 but not sure going one of the 3 in brackets is better than Grob/Abraham - whoever my cheapie attacker is may not get a whole pile of game time and having a starting 15 into Crimbo could be more important

• Advertisement

Finally hit the play wildcard button. Relieved

The 84 point hit would have been tough to take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Finally hit the play wildcard button. Relieved

The 96 point hit would have been tough to take

Finalized squad?

manual_man wrote: »
    Finalized squad?

Elliot Speroni
    Lowton Zanka Daniels Gomes Duffy
    Sane Salah Richarlison Grob Eriksen
    Kane Morata Abraham

but still debating grob to pogba/silva and downgrading tammy

I want my wildcard back

If I had gotten in pogba or silva for Grob. I would have downgraded tammy to Niasse and Zanka to Yedlin :)

Grob needs to bring the goods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Sorry to ask but - when I WC, can I take advantage of price rises? And then transfer those players out for a profit?

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask but - when I WC, can I take advantage of price rises? And then transfer those players out for a profit?

Yes, you'll have to get a double riser. It's a Friday deadline this GW so that's going against you. Pogba, Morata and Niasse the most likely as they should rise tonight. Wilson not due to rise and unlikely that he'll rise twice by Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Yes, you'll have to get a double riser. It's a Friday deadline this GW so that's going against you. Pogba, Morata and Niasse the most likely as they should rise tonight. Wilson not due to rise and unlikely that he'll rise twice by Thursday.

Thanks! Was thinking Wilson alright but wasn't too sure. May pull the trigger tonight so. Let's hope for some double prizers, I mean, double risers!

Is Pogba not price locked ? After coming off his flag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Think this is my week to wildcard and get Pogba hazard and Jesus in aswell as some spring cleaning around the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Current team:
    De Gea, Elliot
    Mee, Lascalles, Gomez, Naughton, Hegazi
    Salah, Zaha, Sterling, Doucoure, Eriksen
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

Draft #1
    De Gea, Elliot,
    Mee, Christensen, Simpson, Gomez, Dunk
    Hazard, Pogba, Sane, Salah, Lewis Cook
    Kane, Vardy, Niasse