Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Colking wrote: »
    Rojo is apparently back soon, might impact on Smalling. Take a look at Mustafi for 5.3, Arsenal have 2 tough games in next 9 and Mustafi has goal scoring potential.

Your front 8 looks very strong. Bear in mind that Gross (or Choupo) could be a potential saving over Zaha, he hoovers up BPS and is the main man in that team. However CP field of green is very tempting and Roy looks like he's starting to instill some discipline and belief in them. Or look at Fabregas perhaps.

If you have a strong 5 man midfield you'll have headaches if you go for Wilson as your third striker but over the Christmas period madness it might be a good headache to have.

Your Defence rotation looks pretty good over the next few weeks as well.

bqmO05t.jpg

Thanks for feedback! You were right about Gross being a BPS magnet alright ;)

Decided against Pogba as I am hesitant about them going forward - which was proved right against Brighton. Took a risk here and went for Ritchie, with his good fixtures and I've always wanted to own him for some reason. I can always upgrade him to a 8.3m and downgrade Daniels to Francis at some stage.

Couldn't risk Utd's rotating defence so splashed out and went with Valencia, who nicely got me 2bps. Full team below, overall quite happy:

Speroni- Courtois
    Valencia - Mee - Yedlin - Daniels - Marriapa
    Salah - Sane - Zaha - Richarlison -Ritchie
    Morata - Kane - Niasse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Colking wrote: »
    Rojo is apparently back soon, might impact on Smalling. Take a look at Mustafi for 5.3, Arsenal have 2 tough games in next 9 and Mustafi has goal scoring potential.

Your front 8 looks very strong. Bear in mind that Gross (or Choupo) could be a potential saving over Zaha, he hoovers up BPS and is the main man in that team. However CP field of green is very tempting and Roy looks like he's starting to instill some discipline and belief in them. Or look at Fabregas perhaps.

If you have a strong 5 man midfield you'll have headaches if you go for Wilson as your third striker but over the Christmas period madness it might be a good headache to have.

Your Defence rotation looks pretty good over the next few weeks as well.

bqmO05t.jpg
    What website is giving that defensive rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

What website is giving that defensive rotation.

https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/fixture_rotator/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So hands up whose still got their WC left? My team is pretty much template atm so I will probably not use it until the last GW of this month. Current set-up is

De Gea -- Elliott

Alonso -- Bertrand -- Kenny -- Long -- Barnsley

Haz -- Sane -- Salah -- Lofts-Cheek - Surman

Firmino -- Kane --- Quaner

I've a feeling xmas is going to be crazy with rotation so hard to use it before. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So hands up whose still got their WC left? My team is pretty much template atm so I will probably not use it until the last GW of this month. Current set-up is

De Gea -- Elliott

Alonso -- Bertrand -- Kenny -- Long -- Barnsley

Haz -- Sane -- Salah -- Lofts-Cheek - Surman

Firmino -- Kane --- Quaner

I've a feeling xmas is going to be crazy with rotation so hard to use it before. Thoughts?

Did you go?

Giving this a bump because I've still got mine left. 0.1itb

Fab (Nortfeldt)
    Jones Alonso Robertson
    KDB Hazard (c) Salah Coutinho Rich
    Gray Moreno

Quanar Daniels Ogbonna

That's me for next week with Fab and KDB away from home only.

I can't see a plan that will give me an edge (300k currently) other than Free Hitting in GW22 for Spurs and ignoring them until GW28.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Activating tonight gives one 2FTs for the DGW potentially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

ElTel wrote: »
    Did you go?

Giving this a bump because I've still got mine left. 0.1itb

Fab (Nortfeldt)
    Jones Alonso Robertson
    KDB Hazard (c) Salah Coutinho Rich
    Gray Moreno

Quanar Daniels Ogbonna

That's me for next week with Fab and KDB away from home only.

I can't see a plan that will give me an edge (300k currently) other than Free Hitting in GW22 for Spurs and ignoring them until GW28.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Activating tonight gives one 2FTs for the DGW potentially.

Could always use to set up for dgw giving you some advantage. 2gw before wc. With say adrian kane ogbonna vertong on bench and 11 starters week before. One transfer that week gives you 5 dgw players. And you had carried a ft so 2 ft clear out who dont want after the dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

skippy15 wrote: »
    Could always use to set up for dgw giving you some advantage. 2gw before wc. With say adrian kane ogbonna vertong on bench and 11 starters week before. One transfer that week gives you 5 dgw players. And you had carried a ft so 2 ft clear out who dont want after the dgw.

Yup the sensible play
    The Free Hit could be default GW28? if 4 of the big teams are missing even if it's only 2 games against each other.

I'm awaiting Poitin
    inspiration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭Invincible

Afaik this is the last GW to play your wildcard for anyone still with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

skippy15 wrote: »

Its West ham and spurs. Bar Kane and perhaps one of Ericson / Son, are there many others from either of those two teams that you'd want long term? Maybe a spurs defender or Alli if he got his form back but the hammers are toxic and I fully expect most single game week players to out score them on their double.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Guys what do you think about my WC side: 0 itb

De Gea, Elliot
    Otamendi, Christensen, Ogbonna, Klaven, Kenny
    Salah, Hazard, Sterling, Lingard, RLC,
    Kane, Morata, Crouch

I've only made 3 changes from my original side pretty much because I'm fairly happy with my side. But since it's the last week I might as well use the WC to make some adjustments. The changes I made are

Gomez > Klaven (unsure if Gomez is nailed on atm)
    Mason > Kenny (just getting rid of dead wood)
    Richarlison > Lingard (Rich out of form, Jesse in form and cheaper)

Thoughts???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Guys what do you think about my WC side: 0 itb

I don’t think Chelsea are convincing enough going forward to warrant a double-up on their attackers.

If it was me I’d downgrade Hazard to another Liverpool or City mid and upgrade elsewhere.

tailgunner wrote: »
    I don’t think Chelsea are convincing enough going forward to warrant a double-up on their attackers.

If it was me I’d downgrade Hazard to another Liverpool or City mid and upgrade elsewhere.

That seems harsh.

I’ve been really impressed with Chelsea last few times I’ve seen them. They look to be hitting top gear now.

I think they’ll issue a few spankings soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That seems harsh.

I’ve been really impressed with Chelsea last few times I’ve seen them. They look to be hitting top gear now.

I think they’ll issue a few spankings soon enough.

I don't think it's that harsh. A Chelsea attacking double up would be well down my list due to the lack of goals they're scoring vs other top teams. And also because their most likely double up (Moratta & Hazard) is expensive.

I would double up City, Spurs, Liverpool and United (in that order) ahead of Chelsea as they're scoring more. I would be even tempted to go for a cheaper double up from someone like Leicester.

Not saying that Moratta or Hazard aren't very good options, just that I wouldn't be tempted by both at this moment (or at anytime so far).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

tailgunner wrote: »

I’d agree with this and would also add klavan is a transfer out waiting to happen as well

km79 wrote: »
    I’d agree with this and would also add klavan is a transfer out waiting to happen as well

Out of all the Liverpool defenders, who's the best to get in now on a WC? Robertson? Gomez? etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Out of all the Liverpool defenders, who's the best to get in now on a WC? Robertson? Gomez? etc

Virgil van Dijk.

So this is my 2nd draft for my WC. Got 1.6m itb. Going back and forth over Coutinho & KDB . Thoughts????

De Gea - Elliot

Otamendi - Christensen - Kenny - Ogbonna - Robertson

Salah - Coutinho - Sterling - Lingard - RLC

Morata - Kane - Quaner

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dhickey18

Foster - Elliot

Trippier - jones - Kenny - Ogbonna - mee

KDB - Coutinho - Richarlison- hazard - RLC

Lukaku -Vardy - DLC

Where to start ?🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

For anyone wildcarding I'd go Adrian Elliot. Elliot has a good fixture this week and then you have Adrian in place for the dgw. They have great rotating fixtures and its a cheap combo that means you can put money elsewhere .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So I take it as soon as this gw deadline passes, our 2nd Wildcard is in play

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Haven't been in here since GW4, like what you've done with the place.

Can I reserve a table for one for tomorrow please?

EDIT:
    manual_man wrote: »

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

manual_man wrote: »

I'll be using right away.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thoughts on this wc team please. I've good team value so trying to make the most of it

Courtois Adrian
    Kenny Alonso Jones otomendi ogbonna
    Salah sterling Arnie RLC Hazard
    Kane Firmino DLC

0.2itb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

martin101 wrote: »
    Thoughts on this wc team please. I've good team value so trying to make the most of it

Courtois Adrian
    Kane Firmino DLC

0.2itb

DLC will be out once the new Turkish lads signs and RLC although cheap isn’t really setting the world alight can you move the two of them and the .2 to better players? You’ll only need to play one each week.

On second look I’d avoid Ogbonna if possible and I say that as an owner also the three premium defenders in Alonso Jones and Otamendi if you down grade 1 you may have funds to strengthen further up the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

martin101 wrote: »

Courtois Adrian
    Kane Firmino DLC

0.2itb

I'd consider alternatives to Courtois tbh....never gets save points or bonus and Chelsea seem prone to defensive brainfarts fairly frequently. Pope would fit the bill surely (?)

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thanks for the input lads. A bit more tinkering is needed I think. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looking at wildcarding to something like this for gw22:

Adrian Elliott
    Kenny Alonso Jones Vertonghen Otamendi
    Salah Coutinho/Alli Arnie Mahrez Sterling
    Kane Quaner McBurnie

Isn't Elliot injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Working on wildcard now.

Pickford - Elliot

Otamendi - Jones - Mee - Mbemba - ????

Sterling - Lingard - Salah - Zaha - KDB

Kane - Firmino - Quaner

Have 3.9 mill left to get a defender.
    Or debating some switches to get Alonso in.

Opinions welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

mdwexford wrote: »
    Working on wildcard now.

Pickford - Elliot

Otamendi - Jones - Mee - Mbemba - ????

Sterling - Lingard - Salah - Zaha - KDB

Kane - Firmino - Quaner

Have 3.9 mill left to get a defender.
    Or debating some switches to get Alonso in.

Opinions welcome.

Why would you have Kane in your WC?
    Put in a playing striker and use your FT to get Kane in after

Edit: forgot about stored value.

Advertisement