Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Based on Lukaku's form in the league, I don't think going with him is in any way a good idea.

4th best striker in the league,another goal and assist tonight,Aguero away to Liverpool and Lukaku home to Stoke(regulation team),for one week I think he is def a goer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

4th best striker in the league,another goal and assist tonight,Aguero away to Liverpool and Lukaku home to Stoke(regulation team),for one week I think he is def a goer.

In last 14 league games, of which he played full 90 minutes in 13 of these games, he scored 3 goals and he costs 11.3m, his form over the last 30 days, is 2.9 points per game.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    In last 14 league games, of which he played full 90 minutes in 13 of these games, he scored 3 goals and he costs 11.3m, his form over the last 30 days, is 2.9 points per game.

He will end up as one of the top scorers and regulation team like stoke is perfect time to rack up some goals,remember Kane was in a bit of a slump before the 6 goals in 2 games,I just expect him to get a few,espically over Aguero this game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

jamesbere wrote: »
    Considering doing wc but not sure, messed around and got this side. What do people think?

Too rounded!!
    Klavan has a lot of comp and has been used as a late sub lately. ....Consider TAA, tends to get the "easier games" and no cameos.

Third striker to 4.5ish (with TAA as fith defender) worth considering? GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,586 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He will end up as one of the top scorers and regulation team like stoke is perfect time to rack up some goals,remember Kane was in a bit of a slump before the 6 goals in 2 games,I just expect him to get a few,espically over Aguero this game week.

He has had great fixtures and done **** all. He isn't even creating that many chances. He'll probably score a goal when Utd are 3 up and won't get any bonus. I'll avoid him till he shows a turn in form r. Although with Felaini I back, it will benefit Pogba which should in turn benefit Lukaku

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    He has had great fixtures and done **** all. He isn't even creating that many chances. He'll probably score a goal when Utd are 3 up and won't get any bonus. I'll avoid him till he shows a turn in form r. Although with Felaini I back, it will benefit Pogba which should in turn benefit Lukaku

Is it not the point to get him in before he turns in form,sure whats the point getting him in afterwards he gets a hawl.
    Either way seems like a simple punt to me,it even gives a captain option espically in a game week where there not alot standing out.
    I am going with it and then transfering Aguero in the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can exactly afford this team. Have just picked these keepers for now but any 9m combo is fine.

Elliot/Darlow
    Christensen/Jones/Kelly/Kenny/Simpson (if fit, Francis otherwise)
    Salah/Hazard/Sterling/Lingard/RLC
    Aguero/Kane/Ayew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Can exactly afford this team. Have just picked these keepers for now but any 9m combo is fine.

Elliot/Darlow
    Aguero/Kane/Ayew

Haven't crunched the numbers on this but but if you went Quanar instead of Ayew would save you about 0.5 on a bench player (presume you weren't planning on using Ayew much) and then Martina or Bardsley for Kenny (think both about 0.2 cheaper) you'd be able to afford DDG as one of your keepers.

DDG is a consistent points machine and those 2 outfield transfers wouldn't weaken your team at all IMO.

Don't know why people cheap out on keepers. If De Gea was a striker he'd be in top 5 in terms of points scored last time I checked and he only costs half as much as a premium striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

sheroman01 wrote: »

Elliot/Darlow
    Aguero/Kane/Ayew

One thing about hazard.
    Conte generally substitute,s him round the 70 min mark which is very frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

4 players with injury doubts and another 3 who didn't start their last game. Think I have to wildcard don't I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Haven't crunched the numbers on this but but if you went Quanar instead of Ayew would save you about 0.5 on a bench player (presume you weren't planning on using Ayew much) and then Martina or Bardsley for Kenny (think both about 0.2 cheaper) you'd be able to afford DDG as one of your keepers.

DDG is a consistent points machine and those 2 outfield transfers wouldn't weaken your team at all IMO.

Don't know why people cheap out on keepers. If De Gea was a striker he'd be in top 5 in terms of points scored last time I checked and he only costs half as much as a premium striker.

Good points. As good as DDG is with save pts, Jones is equally as good with bonus points. But he is injury prone. DDG is a safer choice and not having him could come back to haunt me but I think I will cheap out in this case. Especially given that Aguero and Kane are needed up top. Any extra funds I have will inevitably go on Lingard if/when his form dips or he loses his place.

Cech/Pereira
    VVD Bellerin Alonso / Dunk Rosenoir
    Sterling Salah Lingard Willian Richarlison
    Lukaku Kane Bony
    Money in the bank for Lukaku to Aguero for my first transfer after the Wildcard.
    Thoughts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Cech/Pereira
    VVD Bellerin Alonso / Dunk Rosenoir
    Sterling Salah Lingard Willian Richarlison
    Lukaku Kane Bony
    Money in the bank for Lukaku to Aguero for my first transfer after the Wildcard.
    Thoughts

Not even Arsen Wenger would have a double Arsenal defense or even one for that matter, Cech to Pickford and Bellerin to Stones maybe, or Jones.

Adrian elliot
    Alonso van djik mee Kenny wimmer
    Salah lingard doucoure gross milivojevic
    Kane aguero morata

Any views on this. Would split between 433 and 343 depending on fixtures. How can I improve this? Only including morata due to his very decent fixtures. Gives me spurs, City, Chelsea x2, Liverpool x2, utd coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Newcastle goalkeeper out for longer than initially anticipated. "Elliot will be out for a couple of weeks, that is my feeling," said Benitez. "It could a little less or it could be a little more." #NUFC

danganabu wrote: »
    Not even Arsen Wenger would have a double Arsenal defense or even one for that matter, Cech to Pickford and Bellerin to Stones maybe, or Jones.

I think I will stick with Bellerin and change Cech to De Gea.Arsenal have nice enough fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Darlow, Elliott
    Alonso, Jones, Mee, Ogbonna, Haidara
    Salah, Sterling, Mahrez, Lingard, Romeu
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

I'm pretty happy with my midfield and strikers but I have been non-stop tinkering with my defence. Just can't settle on it.

Wondering will I regret getting Alonso in for Otamendi. Could get Courtois in for Chelsea cover and bring Ota back in. Though I'm getting Alonso for his goal threat.

I also would like to work DDG in there. Could downgrade Jones to Dunk, then Darlow to DDG.

Any advice? Duno what my best move is!

Darlow, Elliott
    Alonso, Jones, Mee, Ogbonna, Haidara
    Salah, Sterling, Mahrez, Lingard, Romeu
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

I'm pretty happy with my midfield and strikers but I have been non-stop tinkering with my defence. Just can't settle on it.

Wondering will I regret getting Alonso in for Otamendi. Could get Courtois in for Chelsea cover and bring Ota back in. Though I'm getting Alonso for his goal threat.

I also would like to work DDG in there. Could downgrade Jones to Dunk, then Darlow to DDG.

Any advice? Duno what my best move is!
    Look at Newcastle’s run for rest of season and ask yourself do you really want to play their keepe every week ? Elliot trained too btw
    If I had otamendi I would not sell him . There is no reason to imo
    Do not get Courtois .
    If you night jones early again no reason to sell so I’d stick with him . Proving great value for those that got him in .
    Not mad on Romeu but maybe he rotates well with Quaner ?
    Can you get a playing defender in for Haidara .
    Kelly is 4.2
    Bardelsy and Cameron 4.3

Personally I think Alonso (along with owning salah Kane and aguero ) is wreaking every other part of your squad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Ok great advice thank you. You're totally right, having Alonso was wrecked the rest of my team.

Currently on

Pope, Elliot
    Ogbonna, Otamendi, Jones, Kelly, Bardsley but have 0.8itb.

Or looking at,

DDG, Elliott
    Ogbonna, Stones, Cahill/Bellerin, Bardlsey, Kelly

If Stones is nailed on seems to make sense to upgrade Pope and downgrade Ota.

Is anyone considering VVD?

Courtois/Elliot
    Alonso VVD Jones /Mbemba Rosenoir
    Salah Sterling Lingard Arnautovic Caroll
    Wilson Kane Lukaku

Money in the bank for Aguero next week.
    Think I am happy with that and the upcoming fixtures but can one poke holes in it and any better transfers?

• Advertisement

Courtois/Elliot
    Alonso VVD Jones /Mbemba Rosenoir
    Salah Sterling Lingard Arnautovic Caroll
    Wilson Kane Lukaku

Money in the bank for Aguero next week.
    Think I am happy with that and the upcoming fixtures but can one poke holes in it and any better transfers?
    You are going to run into big trouble in 28&31 with 2 non playing defenders
    Also have you played your BB yet ?
    Again 2 non playing defenders will make it less effective

km79 wrote: »
    You are going to run into big trouble in 28&31 with 2 non playing defenders
    Also have you played your BB yet ?
    Again 2 non playing defenders will make it less effective

I thought there was not going to be many missed on game week 28,and its hard to plan for 10 games weeks ahead for game week 33 but I will have it in mind with transfer.
    Do you know whats the deal with game week 28?

I thought there was not going to be many missed on game week 28,and its hard to plan for 10 games weeks ahead for game week 33 but I will have it in mind with transfer.
    Do you know whats the deal with game week 28?

United play Chelsea
    Arsenal play man city
    If city best Bristol OR arsenal beat Chelsea their game is off
    If Chelsea beat arsenal their game with united is off

The main issue for me with your team is having 2 non playing defenders full stop. Upgrade one imo
    Have you played Bench Boost yet ?

United play Chelsea
    Arsenal play man city
    If city best Bristol OR arsenal beat Chelsea their game is off
    If Chelsea beat arsenal their game with united is off

The main issue for me with your team is having 2 non playing defenders full stop. Upgrade one imo
    Have you played Bench Boost yet ?

No haven't played BB yet.

No haven't played BB yet.

Would defo not be going with 2 non players by defenders then
    Wouldn’t anyway

One maybe

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Adrian elliot
    Alonso van djik mee Kenny wimmer
    Salah lingard doucoure gross milivojevic
    Kane aguero morata

Any views on this. Would split between 433 and 343 depending on fixtures. How can I improve this? Only including morata due to his very decent fixtures. Gives me spurs, City, Chelsea x2, Liverpool x2, utd coverage

Should I go with the 3 lads up top or keep two and strengthen midfield?

Should I go with the 3 lads up top or keep two and strengthen midfield?

Defo downgrade moratta and upgrade midfield

Defo downgrade moratta and upgrade midfield

He's looked woeful but his fixtures are so good. Kane has a tough run but it's too dangerous to go with out him

He's looked woeful but his fixtures are so good. Kane has a tough run but it's too dangerous to go with out him

any particular reason you won't be getting sterling?
    Have to be honest I do not like that midfield.
    Yes Moratta has nice fixtures but your midfield is carnage due to having the big 3 up top and he is the one that has to go imo

Id also be worried about having both Kenny and Wimmer. One or both could lose their place due to coleman /new stoke manager. When I am WCing Im hoping cameron still has spot as I'd prefer him to Wimmer who is just awful

• Advertisement

any particular reason you won't be getting sterling?
    Have to be honest I do not like that midfield.
    Yes Moratta has nice fixtures but your midfield is carnage due to having the big 3 up top and he is the one that has to go imo

Id also be worried about having both Kenny and Wimmer. One or both could lose their place due to coleman /new stoke manager. When I am WCing Im hoping cameron still has spot as I'd prefer him to Wimmer who is just awful

Dropping morata and bringing in sterling for gross leaves me with 7.4m for a striker. Not a lot available for that price. An extra .1 would get me rooney. I still think Coleman is a month away myself. Wimmer is only going to be a sub for me.

Advertisement