Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Courtois/Elliot
    Alonso VVD Jones /Mbemba Rosenoir
    Salah Sterling Lingard Arnautovic Caroll
    Wilson Kane Lukaku

Money in the bank for Aguero next week.
    Think I am happy with that and the upcoming fixtures but can one poke holes in it and any better transfers?

Ye I agree with km I'd go with 15 playing players . You have a very good team but I'd downgrade courtois and upgrade mbemba and rosenior. It will save you point hits in the long run and will help facilitate the BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I've almost certainly now decided to wait till after next gameweek to WC.......after that 10 day gap and cup games things should be a lot clearer. Firmino has Swansea away so will hopefully match Aguero. Jesus returning in 3/4 weeks has me thinking more now.........of course Sunday could change everything :D
    I'll be buying Salah back though!

Oh HOLD ON ......aguero has newcastle at home on a Saturday........I still remember that incredible Saturday........aaaggghhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Adrian elliot
    Vvd Alonso Kenny bardsley wimmer
    Sterling Salah lingard doucoure milivojevic
    Aguero kane tosun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

It constantly baffles me why so many people cheap out on their keepers. Difference between a premium keeper and a cheap keeper is about 1 to 1.5. Difference between premium striker and cheap striker can be as much as 7.

De Gea has 114 points. Harry Kane is the only striker with more. He's the 8th highest scoring player in the game and still only costs 5.9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any love for Martin Kelly at 4.2? He has been in my WC for days now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It constantly baffles me why so many people cheap out on their keepers. Difference between a premium keeper and a cheap keeper is about 1 to 1.5. Difference between premium striker and cheap striker can be as much as 7.

De Gea has 114 points. Harry Kane is the only striker with more. He's the 8th highest scoring player in the game and still only costs 5.9!

There's often value to be had in cheaper keepers like Heaton last season. Pope for example has a ppg of 4.9 per game to DDG's 5.2 and is a million cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Should I go with the 3 lads up top or keep two and strengthen midfield?

The heavy front 3 looks good short term at least. Morata needs a return to avoid a price drop tomo probably.

I think since you don't intend to play 5 mids, one should be a 4.3/4.4
    If you are happy to consider the penno taker as "third mid" then downgrade Doucoure or Gross. (Milli becomes the "fifth mid" if you go 3-5-2)

Defensively I like the idea of TAA at 4.2M.

Consider VVD and TAA!!! or Stones (say) and TAA.

GL

dahat wrote: »
    Any love for Martin Kelly at 4.2? He has been in my WC for days now.

I'd get Tompkins he is only 4.3 and is less likely to lose his place than Kelly. Tompkins was in the team before injuries.

Cheap keepers are nearly always the way to go. What has made ddg so valuable this year is a bit of a one off. Lots of cs which we would expect and also lots of save points and bps which was unexpected. Ddg has 17 save points ederson has 5 courtois has 8. Ddg has made the second most saves in the league and the most cs this is something that would never usually happen. Usually you face that many shots you don't keep as many cs and you don't end up with those bps. I don't think what's happened with ddg is sustainable usually the expensive gks are either 6 pts or 2pts type goalkeepers. Pope would have worked out better value than ddg when you look at the PPG and the extra million you have saved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Is that analysis only over this season or more than a few seasons of the game?

• Advertisement

Opinions of this ? I have till 2pm to make any changes

Speroni
    Elliot

Ogbonna
    Alonso
    Bardsley
    Goldson(Brighton)
    Mbemba

Lingard
    Pogba
    Mahrez
    Sterling
    Salah

Lukaku(had Aguero but I thought Lukaku would be a better choice for this week, plan on getting aguero back after this week
    Kane
    Quaner

Tylerdurex wrote: »

Speroni
    Elliot

Ogbonna
    Alonso
    Bardsley
    Goldson(Brighton)
    Mbemba

Lingard
    Pogba
    Mahrez
    Sterling
    Salah

Lukaku(had Aguero but I thought Lukaku would be a better choice for this week, plan on getting aguero back after this week
    Kane
    Quaner

You might have no goalie
    You have 2 non playing defenders and won't know for sure until this week if Bardsley is a starter . Lowton could take his place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tylerdurex wrote: »

Speroni
    Elliot

Ogbonna
    Alonso
    Bardsley
    Goldson(Brighton)
    Mbemba

Lingard
    Pogba
    Mahrez
    Sterling
    Salah

Kane
    Quaner

Think you need to either downgrade Alonso or one of expensive mids and upgrade defense.

There are a fair few teams popping up now with 2 non playing defenders .
    So to save a bit of time the advice on this for many reasons is don’t . One maybe . 2 no way

And for those who also have Kenny

"Idrissa Gana Gueye is fit again and training," Sam Allardyce told EvertonTV. "Seamus Coleman is training with the first-team squad – although Leighton Baines is a good way off yet." #EFC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

After changing my mind about 100 times I think I've finally settled on a squad. Thank you km79 for your sound advice.

Pope, Elliot,
    Jones, Tarkowski, VVD, Stones, Tompkins
    Sterling, Salah, Mahrez, Lingard, Romeu
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

0.5 itb.

After changing my mind about 100 times I think I've finally settled on a squad. Thank you km79 for your sound advice.

Pope, Elliot,
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

0.5 itb.
    Here is one last bit and I'm not taking any credit for this research as it is all taken from Fantasy Football scout !
    Jordan Ibe is now starting every game for Bournemouth and taking loads of set pieces .
    He could be a very handy 5th midfielder for weeks when there are a few blanks as they have decent fixtures 28 and 31
    You have enough to do Romeu to him. But you may prefer to keep that .5 on the bank though !

I do like the look of that squad...........

km79 wrote: »

Pope, Elliot,
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

0.5 itb.
    Here is one last bit and I'm not taking any credit for this research as it is all taken from Fantasy Football scout !
    Jordan Ibe is now starting every game for Bournemouth and taking loads of set pieces .
    He could be a very handy 5th midfielder for weeks when there are a few blanks as they have decent fixtures 28 and 31
    You have enough to do Romeu to him. But you may prefer to keep that .5 on the bank though !

I do like the look of that squad...........

Might pull the trigger on that! Had been thinking Double Burnley def might be too much.

So I'll either do Tarkowski to Cresswell or Romeu to Ibe. Though Romeu to Ibe seems more beneficial West Ham have a good run of fixtures coming up and Cresswell is capable of assists...ah, decisions!

Might pull the trigger on that! Had been thinking Double Burnley def might be too much.

So I'll either do Tarkowski to Cresswell or Romeu to Ibe. Though Romeu to Ibe seems more beneficial West Ham have a good run of fixtures coming up and Cresswell is capable of assists...ah, decisions!

Or
    Tarwoski to duffy AND Romeu to ibe

Damn I want to WC now !

Excellent suggestion. Ah I do love when a wildcard comes together.

There's always next week for the WC!

You might have no goalie
    You have 2 non playing defenders and won't know for sure until this week if Bardsley is a starter . Lowton could take his place

any very cheap like for like options I can switch out for a goalie and 1 playing defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ibe is a great shout for a cheap midfielder. He seems to have improved recently and is getting in a lot of shots and crosses now but hasn' t turned that into points yet. If he keeps up his current form he should get a couple of goals and assists before the end of the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pope, Elliot,
    Kane, Aguero, Quaner

0.5 itb.

Top 8 very similar to mind (have 6 the same) - i went wiht McArthur of palace over Romeu as he's been in the goals - has 3 this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looking at something like the below on my first draft:

Adrian
    Alonso Jones Stones (Ogbonna, Duffy)
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Arnautovic Lingard
    Kane Aguero (Crouch)

Big Sam's interview on MOTD has me thinking of getting Pickford in too. Back to boring basics from next week he said

Paully D wrote: »
    Looking at something like the below on my first draft:

Adrian
    Alonso Jones Stones (Ogbonna, Duffy)
    Salah Sterling Richarlison Arnautovic Lingard
    Kane Aguero (Crouch)

What's you TV Paully?
    I only seen this after my own post ! I have mccarthur in midfield (nearly 2ml less than lingard ) and Shaw instead of Ricky (.4 cheaper ) and was left with only 3.8 for 5th defender :(
    I did have Murray up front though who is .8 dearer than crouch
    My poor TV is biting now

Well I've got there ..........
    Adrian Elliot
    Alonso Jones VVD Cameron Bardsley ( or a palace defender but their fixtures turn rotten soon. Pity chilwell isn't a definite starter for leicster )
    Salah Arnie shaqiri sterling ibe
    Kane aguero quaner

0 ITB
    Would have liked Pickford in goals and ogbanna instead of Bardsley but just can't if I stick with Alonso
    If I went for Christy for the few weeks instead I could in fact even go for John stones .......I'm having a tough time deciding whether Alonso should stay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I bring you the powerful front 3:

Aguero- - -Firmino -- Kane

Doing a bit of tinkering & if I lose Alonso & a couple of others could go with this.

----Adrian

Jones -- Ogbonna -- Stones

Arne -- Sterling -- Lingard -- Salah

--- Aguero -- Firmino -- Kane

Just throwing it out there?

I bring you the powerful front 3:

Aguero- - -Firmino -- Kane

Doing a bit of tinkering & if I lose Alonso & a couple of others could go with this.

----Adrian

Jones -- Ogbonna -- Stones

Arne -- Sterling -- Lingard -- Salah

--- Aguero -- Firmino -- Kane

Just throwing it out there?
    Also considering this depending on how pool look today
    I've never gone with a really cheap striker who I don't play and it doesn't sit right with me
    Who are your subs ? Are they playing subs ?

Well I've got there ..........
    Adrian Elliot
    Alonso Jones VVD Cameron Bardsley ( or a palace defender but their fixtures turn rotten soon. Pity chilwell isn't a definite starter for leicster )
    Salah Arnie shaqiri sterling ibe
    Kane aguero quaner

0 ITB
    Would have liked Pickford in goals and ogbanna instead of Bardsley but just can't if I stick with Alonso
    If I went for Christy for the few weeks instead I could in fact even go for John stones .......I'm having a tough time deciding whether Alonso should stay

I don’t want to be negative but I don’t like it.

I do like your defence though. I think Chilwell is first choice but VVD is missing today with an injury so one to watch.

Players could stilll move. Would you still want Aguero, so bad, if Sanchez moves there ? Niasse could be a goer if he moves to the likes of Brighton.

What is your current team ?

• Advertisement

I don’t want to be negative but I don’t like it.

I do like your defence though. I think Chilwell is first choice but VVD is missing today with an injury so one to watch.

Players could stilll move. Would you still want Aguero, so bad, if Sanchez moves there ? Niasse could be a goer if he moves to the likes of Brighton.

What is your current team ?

Current team
    Adrian Elliot
    Jones Alonso mee Daniels Mariappa
    Ricky Arnie Mata Alli sterling
    Kane firmino DCL

So Mariappa and DCL have lost their place.Daniels an absolute disaster. Better options now than mee who I can free up some cash from . Ricky lost his form. Mata will lose his place soon and fixtures turn . Alli will be going for Salah either way.

I could just do Alli to Salah and then either Ricky or Mata to Shaw for a minus 4 BUT city at home to Newcastle has aguero haul written all over it
    I'd go stones over VVD too now as long as he starts today. Lot of clean sheets in their next few games
    A lot probably depends on how firmino and aguero look today

If niasse moves and looks good we are talking 3 or 4 more gameweeks and it's an easy switch

Advertisement