Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Active
    Ditto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

CSF wrote: »
    Ditto.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    +1

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

Mine will be active tomorrow evening, can't wait to see the back of Wilson, Niasse and Speroni.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

First cut at it last night, 0.5 ITB:
    Cech McCarthy
    Robertson Christie Lejeune Tarkowski Fernandez
    Salah Mane Miki Kenedy Sterling
    Auba Lukaku Barnes

Not sure about Miki, would prefer Son but the next fixture is putting me off. Thinking I can adjust after GW32 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

For the wildcard can you make as many transfer over the week, chop and change etc

893bet wrote: »
    For the wildcard can you make as many transfer over the week, chop and change etc
    Yes you can tinker as much as you want until deadline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭893bet

bantee wrote: »
    Yes you can tinker as much as you want until deadline

Cool. Will bring in luk, silva and aub straight away so as they are edging towards a price increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Thoughts on this WC team please
    Ddg
    Monreal smalling tarkowski
    Willian Son Mahrez Salah
    Lukaku Firmino Auba

Subs dubraka kenedy Christensen naughton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

I'm seeing lots of Burnley defenders in WC drafts but no Pope... Is this because he might lose his place? He seems like a good pick for the run in

• Advertisement

If Southampton tighten up at the back, McCarthy or one of their defenders might be good value in the WC, that’s assuming McCarthy keeps his place too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bantee wrote: »
    If Southampton tighten up at the back, McCarthy or one of their defenders might be good value in the WC, that’s assuming McCarthy keeps his place too

I'd say Hughes's number 1 priority will be to score more goals, not stop them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd say Hughes's number 1 priority will be to score more goals, not stop them

Toughish fixtures too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Jamie Vardy's fixtures however :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

FA Cup semi finals set. The rescheduled dates for the postponed fixtures from GW31 are expected to be announced this week, possible that the ones from GW35 will be announced too.

If the rearranged fixtures slot in as expected, then 6 teams will have DGW34 and DGW37:
    Spurs, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Southampton and Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

So who should we have in our wc teams tonight if we are to get a double rise this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    FA Cup semi finals set. The rescheduled dates for the postponed fixtures from GW31 are expected to be announced this week, possible that the ones from GW35 will be announced too.

If the rearranged fixtures slot in as expected, then 6 teams will have DGW34 and DGW37:
    Spurs, United, Chelsea, Leicester, Southampton and Brighton.

10 minutes ago I was in full agreement with you but I noticed a couple of things.

West Ham play Stoke on the Monday night of GW34, so if that remains unchanged (a good chance they won’t change a televised slot), thier rearranged game with Man Utd could only be played on the Thursday. That’s 3 days before Man Us cup SF.

That leads me to two possible scenarios:
    1. The PL ‘make’ Spurs play on the same night to be ‘fair’. As Spurs were due to play Brighton the following night, this game could just be brought forward 24 hours. It would still give Spurs a DGW34, but would change the sequencing of the DGW fixtures. Spurs would play Newcastle in DGW37 instead. Another reason for this is to avoid a game on the Wembley pitch (Spurs home to Newcastle) two days before a cup SF.
    2. The West Ham v Man U game doesn’t go ahead on the Thursday, and Man Us other outstanding fixture at Brighton is played on the Wednesday of GW34.

Either way, having WC, BB and TC available, I’m doing nothing until the fixtures are announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Benimar wrote: »
    10 minutes ago I was in full agreement with you but I noticed a couple of things.

West Ham play Stoke on the Monday night of GW34, so if that remains unchanged (a good chance they won’t change a televised slot), thier rearranged game with Man Utd could only be played on the Thursday. That’s 3 days before Man Us cup SF.

That leads me to two possible scenarios:
    1. The PL ‘make’ Spurs play on the same night to be ‘fair’. As Spurs were due to play Brighton the following night, this game could just be brought forward 24 hours. It would still give Spurs a DGW34, but would change the sequencing of the DGW fixtures. Spurs would play Newcastle in DGW37 instead. Another reason for this is to avoid a game on the Wembley pitch (Spurs home to Newcastle) two days before a cup SF.
    2. The West Ham v Man U game doesn’t go ahead on the Thursday, and Man Us other outstanding fixture at Brighton is played on the Wednesday of GW34.

Either way, having WC, BB and TC available, I’m doing nothing until the fixtures are announced!

So are you waiting to activate W/C if using it this GW until fixtures announced?.....when is that likely to be?

If anyone has a minute pop over to Blank GW thread to see query I posed there on best use of remaining chips.....probably relevant for others too....thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

So are you waiting to activate W/C if using it this GW until fixtures announced?.....when is that likely to be?

If anyone has a minute pop over to Blank GW thread to see query I posed there on best use of remaining chips.....probably relevant for others too....thanks.

I’m sitting tight till the fixtures are announced, just in case they do anything funky and DGW37 ends up being the ‘big’ week.

They should announce fixtures this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Pulled the trigger on the WC there... too much Stoke/Everton/West Brom deadwood in my team...

First draft (of many no doubt)

De Gea
    Smalling - Monreal - Lowton
    Salah - D. Silva - Son - Mahrez
    Aboomerang - Firmino - Murray

(Fabianski - Kenedy - VD Hoorn - Chilwell)

Leaves me with zero ITB .... but still have FH, TC and BB left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Wildcarded activated

McCarthy Dubravka
    Smalling Monreal Lowton Fernandez Simpson
    Salah Mahrez Silva Miki Arnie
    Aubameyang Lukaku Murray

Might tinker to get Son/Bavies/Christensen in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I think a spurs defender is worth considering but Bavies could be prone to rotation with Rose back now - Vertonghen is pricey given he has no real attacking threat even though he is nailed on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think a spurs defender is worth considering but Bavies could be prone to rotation with Rose back now - Vertonghen is pricey given he has no real attacking threat even though he is nailed on.

Alderweireld would be a lvoely differential if he's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Seaba wrote: »
    Wildcarded activated

McCarthy Dubravka
    Smalling Monreal Lowton Fernandez Simpson
    Salah Mahrez Silva Miki Arnie
    Aubameyang Lukaku Murray

Might tinker to get Son/Bavies/Christensen in.

Glad I did this last night as Auba, Lukaku and D Silva went up in price.
    Will get Barnes in for Murray for week 34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Alderweireld would be a lvoely differential if he's fit

Alderweirld is on his way out of the club
    Look at the way walker and rose were /have been rotated in a similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

WC Activated - Draft no. 11229
    DDG Elliot
    Chilwell Mustafi Robertson Fernandez Tarkowski
    Salah Son Mahrez Willian Dilva
    Auba Firmino Murray

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

CSWS101 wrote: »
    DDG Elliot
    Auba Firmino Murray

Thoughts?

Have you a bench boost left, coz Elliot won't be playing.
    Even if you don't and it's a money thing then Boaz Myhill might be a better bet for a 4.0 keeper. Wouldn't be a total shock for the terrible Ben Foster to be dropped after some recent concessions.

Chilwell seems to be making a lot of mistakes, I'm not sure how much in danger his place is though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSWS101 wrote: »
    DDG Elliot
    Auba Firmino Murray

Thoughts?

Get a second starting keeper
    Murray to Ashley Barnes will allow that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Mahrez in lots of wc teams I notice.
    I love him, he's been my differential player of the season, a succession of returns in the 8-12 point region but never too much that would force people to use 2 transfers to get him in.

But with no World Cup and a summer exit to come, Leicester with little to play for (meh at finishing 7th and getting into July Europa qualifiers) I could see a mutually agreed wind-down on the cards. He plays a few home games including a farewell appearance, Leicester protect his selling price from a bad injury and they get to 'plan for next season' without him.

I'm considering letting him go on the wildcard.
    Hopefully not a klopparama move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

But with no World Cup and a summer exit to come, Leicester with little to play for (meh at finishing 7th and getting into July Europa qualifiers) I could see a mutually agreed wind-down on the cards. He plays a few home games including a farewell appearance, Leicester protect his selling price from a bad injury and they get to 'plan for next season' without him.

I'm considering letting him go on the wildcard.
    Another way to see that is - He's 27, his next club will be his last major contract, these remaining games are a showcase to strengthen his negotiating position for big money.

Advertisement