Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

km79 wrote: »
    Phil jones back in training
    Gudmundsson taken off injured for Iceland
    Andy Robertson off with a slight knock for Scotland

And he thought ye were all sorted ;)

None of them in current draft but have 3 Brighton ha ha

Current draft with a view to BB34, doublers in bold:

Ryan McCarthy
    Morgan Christensen Tardowski Lowton Dummett
    Mahrez Salah Son Willian
    Lukaku Aubameyang Firmino

0.0 ITB

Salah, Firmino, and Aubameyang are the players I want to keep despite the lack of upcoming doubles, and I can't afford a doubler over Dummett (but at least he's there for DG37).

Not sure about having 3x Burnley players, and apart from Christy my defence is ultra pound shop - more playing around to come for the remainder of the week. I may keep Auba for 32 & 33, then sell him for 34 for Vardy and upgrade defence/goalkeeper.

I’ve 3 Brighton and that’s too many I’m guessing same with Burnley try to swap out 1 maybe

Any love for Mccarthy from Southampton for the wildcard cheap and has a double?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any love for Mccarthy from Southampton for the wildcard cheap and has a double?

Too risky
    New manager may have other ideas about first choice keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wouldn't need Guddy til the dgwk but it'd be nice to hear some concrete news about him before Saturday.

• Advertisement

Too risky
    New manager may have other ideas about first choice keeper

Was Forster injured all along or just dropped?

What keeper would you get as your back up with BB still to use in the DGW?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ChrisWeiland

Is Phil Jones likely to start this weekend now he's back in training? Looking for a cheap Utd defender if possible.....Lindeloff would be nice if he was likely to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Was Forster injured all along or just dropped?

What keeper would you get as your back up with BB still to use in the DGW?

Depends if you have free hit left or not? I don't so i will probably get Hennessy in so I'll have a playing keeper in 35. Otherwise, Ryan is a popular choice for gw34 bb and Fabianski for GW37 bb.

Depends if you have free hit left or not? I don't so i will probably get Hennessy in so I'll have a playing keeper in 35. Otherwise, Ryan is a popular choice for gw34 bb and Fabianski for GW37 bb.

Yup I’ve all my chips... probably going B.B. 34 and tc 37... have Ryan in my current draft might move Dunk to a different 4.5 defender with better DGW

Yup I’ve all my chips... probably going B.B. 34 and tc 37... have Ryan in my current draft might move Dunk to a different 4.5 defender with better DGW
    Ryan is probably the best shout so
    Can play him 33 instead of DDG if you wanted .......not sure I would

• Advertisement

Ryan is probably the best shout so
    Can play him 33 instead of DDG if you wanted .......not sure I would

Also moved Dunk to Chilwell have 2 defenders from Leicester now but .2 banked and good fixtures and double game week. Better having 2 Leicester then 2 Brighton I’m thinking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

DDG Ryan
    Robertson, Mustafi, Mee, Morgan, Duffy
    Mahrez, Miki, Salah, Son, Gudmonnson
    Barnes, Auba, Lukaku

That leaves me with 10 doublers for BB GW34 and 5 with a single. The single game week players are 2 x Liverpool- (home to Bournemouth) and 3 x Arsenal- (Away to Newcastle).

I have 8 for GW 35 and should have 2 FT to get in 2 city players (Lukaku and Mahrez likely to go). I'll go without a GK in this GW

Then I should comfortably be able to afford 10 Doublers + Salah for GW 37 and plan to use the TC on Kane.

I'm happy enough with my wildcard team as it stands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Wouldn't need Guddy til the dgwk but it'd be nice to hear some concrete news about him before Saturday.

Same here, and given it's a "knock one would hope he'll be ok. Very little else at that price point to consider with a double so might chance it!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

Posted about whether I should WC or not and put it in Dbl GW/blank GW thread by mistake...appreciate if anyone took a quick squint at my post,I have WC,BB and TC chips left,

Thanks if anyone glances at my post.

Wondering if I should WC before the new GW starts....have WC,BB and TC left.

Current Squad is
    Fabianski/Speroni
    Davies,Robertson,Mariappa,Fernandez,Francis
    Walcott,Salah,Doucoure,Shaqiri,Surman
    Augbamengyang,Vardy,Firmino.

Am I right in thinking my current squad has a few out of form lads such as Walcott,and a few lads like Mariappa I brought in for GW 31 who wouldn’t be great for points going forward?
    Have 10m in the bank and 1ft ....if I WC this week do I have 2ft next week or just the one?

Thanks for any advice on whether I should WC and sort out my team a bit or just take a hit or two.

If you don’t WC now when do you plan too?

If you don’t WC now when do you plan too?

Good question....if wasn’t doing it this GW(which might be more sensible )...I could take a few hits and WC in GW 33 or 34.Not having a brilliant season...around 270k OR so tbh would like to finish the season well so taking to account the chips I have left....namely WC,BB and TC....I would like to maximize my chances of ending the season well,hence me wondering should I bite the bullet and take WC this GW.
    Thanks for reply.

When would you look to use the BB or TC? Bere in mind you can’t use the WC in the same week

When would you look to use the BB or TC? Bere in mind you can’t use the WC in the same week

That’s probably a problem in that I haven’t thought enough about it!....looking at my current squad do you reckon I should WC now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Am considering using WC this GW....as matter of interest did people who pulled the trigger before Int games avoid losing much in team value or gain in team value?...(naturally enough depends on who you swapped in or out).

Kinda kicking myself I didn’t pull trigger earlier.

That’s probably a problem in that I haven’t thought enough about it!....looking at my current squad do you reckon I should WC now?

Well I’m using mine now and I don’t really think your well set without it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Jones,Bailly or Smalling any definite starter?

Harry Kane back by next weekend means most likely Kane and Firminho in and Auba & Lukaku out

sanket wrote: »
    Jones,Bailly or Smalling any definite starter?

Bailly when fit then it is anyones guess for rest of season

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

Pope/Hennessey

Smalling/Mustafi/Lowton/Chilwell/Mariappa

Mahrez/Son/Salah/William/King

Abu/Vardy/Lukaku

0.7 in the bank.

I'm happy with Midfield and Strikers.

My main question is who would I like in Defensive from Chelsea/Man U/Arsenal and Spurs. But I can only afford 3 of them. So Christenson, Mustafi, Smalling, Cech/Lloris/Courtois are the main choices in my head.
    Smalling plus Mustafi/Christenson and after this game week upgrade Pope to Courtois/Lloris or Cech.

Any suggestions? I'm on WC and have FH to play in GW35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Not gonna put Kane in just yet but need a plan to get him in for 34....

I’m looking at the Kane situation and the below gives me .1 itb only

DeGea Ryan
    Morgan Chilwell Mee Stephens Tomkins
    Salah Mahrez Son Willian Gudmundsson
    Kane Auba Barnes

Had Groll and Lukaku but swapped to Gud & Kane. I think the way I have it now is better for the entire run in. With only .1 itb I cant afford any changes. Tho the Groll and Lukaku combo is much more appealing for this week for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Harry Kane back by next weekend means most likely Kane and Firminho in and Auba & Lukaku out

When was this announcement about Kane made?...do you mean you are bringing Kane and Firmino in now or next GW?

When was this announcement about Kane made?...do you mean you are bringing Kane and Firmino in now or next GW?

I’m on wildcard now. So if I’m doing it, it will be this GW

Pochettino on Kane: "He is doing very well. Every day he is improving. We need to assess him, it is still a few days until the game. I think it is difficult now to say yes or no. If not this w/e, maybe next but the most important is we are so positive about his recovery." #COYS https://t.co/lNctiF5onl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

This is one of the first time Ive played WC and can't get happy with the team for next few GW's

De Gea Ryan
    Smalling Christensen morgan Robertson lowton
    sterling mahrez salah William Grob
    Aub Vardy Firmon

Sterling + Aub/ Firmino to Kane and an other Gw 34 it looks like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Why Smalling? Isn't he a massive rotation risk

Advertisement