Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Have. 8 so might go to Matic or Gudmunsson for Cook. Prefer Matic to leave me some breathing room

Burnley lads are just cheap, hard to get another playing forward, cheaper

You only have 2 burnley - Lowton & Barnes, no? I presume you mean Cook from bouremouth? Or do you mean Cork from Burnley? I would go with Gudmunsson over Cook if you can afford him alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Currently on the team below. So hard to decide. Advice welcome. FH already used.

22 players for dgw34 and 9 for gw35

DDG Hennessey
    Schelotto* Morgan Lowton Mustafi Mariapa
    Miki Salah Willian King Mahrez
    Auba* Lukaku Firm

* Could change these to Vert and Murray either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Have. 8 so might go to Matic or Gudmunsson for Cook. Prefer Matic to leave me some breathing room

Burnley lads are just cheap, hard to get another playing forward, cheaper

You only have 2 burnley - Lowton & Barnes, no? I presume you mean Cook from bouremouth? Or do you mean Cork from Burnley? I would go with Gudmunsson over Cook if you can afford him alright.

Yeah it's Bournemouth Cook.

Hard to get a cheaper playing forward than Barnes

Anyone tempted by Vardy over Lukaku regardless of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    So I’m within the top 750 so I’ve played the WC to protect my position and get in popular selected players thus negating/blocking people over taking me. Risky strategy perhaps.

De Gea
    Lowton Alonso Morgan
    Salah William Gross Mahrez
    Lukaku Augemayang Vardy

Ryan, Matic, Stephens, Dunk

When you are in such a good position I think you should aim to push on instead of playing defensively. You could achieve something special - top 100 maybe. You've obviously been making the right calls so far this season so why not back yourself and go for the players you think will score highest, instead of blocking?

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looking for a bit of a punt to set me aside from the WC template. Enter Chris Wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Markx wrote: »
    When you are in such a good position I think you should aim to push on instead of playing defensively. You could achieve something special - top 100 maybe. You've obviously been making the right calls so far this season so why not back yourself and go for the players you think will score highest, instead of blocking?

Good luck!

food for thought.....I think I definitely need De Gea in for blocking purposes as his ownership is 40% which could really hurt me on the double game weeks...as for the rest of the team....I am none the wiser :confused: There is very little points difference between the rankings where I am, hence my caution....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Going to watch the Scoutcast now and hope it helps. I'm no sooner close to finishing than I was two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Markx

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    food for thought.....I think I definitely need De Gea in for blocking purposes as his ownership is 40% which could really hurt me on the double game weeks...as for the rest of the team....I am none the wiser :confused: There is very little points difference between the rankings where I am, hence my caution....

What chips have you got left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I was set on my team, started tinkering and had my head turned by Chaz Austin and also managed to shoehorn Vertonghen in somehow. Hopefully Austin over Barnes pays off. Also had to sacrifice Gross and get Gudmundsson :(

Think I'm set. Kane plan would be Son to Kenedy and Auba to Kane.

De Gea, Ryan
    Morgan, Alonso, Vertonghen, Stephens, Lowton
    Salah, Son, Gudmundsson, Willian, Mahrez
    Lukaku, Austin, Aubameyang

0.2 ITB.

Thoughts greatly appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Glad I peeked at the price sites. Couple of players in my WC in the red. Have them out til tomorrow on the off chance they drop (might be WC driven though). Wouldn't mind a slightly cheaper team!

Thanks for the feedback

Settled on

DDG/Ryan

Azpi/Mustafi/Lowton/Morgan/Bong

Gudmusson/Son/Mahrez/Willian/Salah

Auba/Vardy/Murray

2.4m ITB

Mustafi to Vert and Auba to Lukaku as GW34 transfers lined up with a million as contingency

Now to log off and log back on tomorrow to completely change my team again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On WC...have used FH....thinking of BB in GW 34 and TC in GW 37 (prob Kane if he is back in form I will get him back in)

De Gea,Hennessy
    Monreal,Morgan,Robertson,Tarkowski,Lowton
    Salah,Son,Mahrez,Willian,Gudmondsen
    Firmino,Lukaku,Vardy.

Wondering is 2 Burnley defenders overkill?
    Have 2m in the bank to bring in Kane when he returns.....

Worked out I have 1.2 m to spare....leaving .2 in the bank to allow for price changes can anyone see a slightly more expensive defender I could get in to improve my defence.
    Thanks for any views or ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

My WC team

DDG Ryan
    Alonso, Lowton, Simpson, Fernandez, Stephens
    Salah, Son, Willian, Mahrez, Kenedy
    Lukaku, Auba, Murray
    0.4 in the bank

Dropping Alonso to Smalling would allow me to upgrade one of my other defenders to Monreal
    Might also be able to change Kennedy to Gudmonsen
    Going to stick with this though as not sure Smalling is nailed on with Jones back (FA Cup up also) Monreal back from injury.
    Possibly TC in GW34, FH in 35 and BB in 37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Tweaked the defence now that Jones is available

DeGea, Ryan,
    Mee, Christensen, Morgan, Jones, Dummett
    Son, Mahrez, Salah, Gross, Willian,
    Auba, Barnes, Lukaku
    .8 ITB have enough for Son/Auba to Arnie/Kane
    13 for B.B. FH in 35 Kane TC in 37.
    All thoughts appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Going with the below I think. Need to stop looking at it and changing my mind. Have all chips remaining so will BB in 34, FH 35 & TC Kane 37 I think

De Gea & McCarthy

Lowton Morgan Femenia Smalling Dunk

Mahrez Salah Gudmndson Willian Son

Auba Vardy Murray

Plan is to move Femenia & Auba on in 34 for Lukaku & Christensen. Then move Lukaku on for Kane in 36. Only problem is that I don't have any flex to move in pricing there, literally dead on my team value once I land on Kane in 36. Bit worried about not having city cover, so may need to take a hit and move Mahrez on for Sterling in the run in (tempted to go DDG to Ederson for last 3 but all depends on Pep rotation).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

On WC...have used FH....thinking of BB in GW 34 and TC in GW 37 (prob Kane if he is back in form I will get him back in)

De Gea,Hennessy
    Monreal,Morgan,Robertson,Tarkowski,Lowton
    Salah,Son,Mahrez,Willian,Gudmondsen
    Firmino,Lukaku,Vardy.

Wondering is 2 Burnley defenders overkill?
    Have 2m in the bank to bring in Kane when he returns.....

Worked out I have 1.2 m to spare....leaving .2 in the bank to allow for price changes can anyone see a slightly more expensive defender I could get in to improve my defence.
    Thanks for any views or ideas.

Just bumping this as going to settle on team tonight....appreciate any advice/constructive criticism on my WC side.....thanks....and Happy Easter to all Boardsies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I have done absolutely no prep on this WC and I'm not too pushed now. A cram session in the morning will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Long night ahead I think!

At least thats one thing I was right about.

WC played, BB GW 34 in mind

Chasing in leagues and lower team value than other seasons so more punty with my rotating attackers (Stan-Guddy-Barnes) than I would like.

Finished on:
    DDG-Ryan
    Alonso-Simpson-Lowton-Vertonghen-Stephens
    Salah-Son-Mahrez-Stanislas-Guddy
    Lukaku-Auba-Barnes

Note for myself
    Plan for run in barring injuries

GW 33: Banking transfer
    GW 34: BB: Auba out for Kane if fit, Son out for Groß maybe
    GW35: FH. Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City heavy.
    GW 36: Bank or Arnie, Auba or Man City MF in. Maybe Salah out*
    GW 37: Remainder of Arnie, Auba or Man City MF in. Maybe Salah out*
    GW 38: Pray

Maybe Salah out*
    To raise funds and also depends on Man City-Liverpool situation in Europe and where I am in my private leagues, will keep Salah if I need to block his points.

Thanks for the feedback

Settled on

DDG/Ryan

Auba/Vardy/Murray

2.4m ITB

Mustafi to Vert and Auba to Lukaku as GW34 transfers lined up with a million as contingency

And there we go

Azpi and Bong to Vert and Christensen for same money

What ye think?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

naughtb4 wrote:

That MF 5 is popping up a lot. I've the exact same myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That MF 5 is popping up a lot. I've the exact same myself.

Me 3

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Is keeping Mili ahead of Gross a bad idea?

I know Milli has no DGW in 34 but a very decent fixture (Brighton at home) and a fixture in 35. While Gross has a double in 34 (Palace away & Spurs at home) but no game in 35. And his 37 double is United & City. Also Gross is not on form lately. Opposite to Mili who's also a budget enabler.

Have I answered my own question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Neoulous wrote: »

I know Milli has no DGW in 34 but a very decent fixture (Brighton at home) and a fixture in 35. While Gross has a double in 34 (Palace away & Spurs at home) but no game in 35. And his 37 double is United & City. Also Gross is not on form lately. Opposite to Mili who's also a budget enabler.

AND Mili is on penos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What about the fixtures today and next week..........looking too far ahead can cost points
    . Gross has 2 very good fixtures until 34

patmac wrote: »
    Tweaked the defence now that Jones is available

DeGea, Ryan,
    Mee, Christensen, Morgan, Jones, Dummett
    Son, Mahrez, Salah, Gross, Willian,
    Auba, Barnes, Lukaku
    .8 ITB have enough for Son/Auba to Arnie/Kane
    13 for B.B. FH in 35 Kane TC in 37.
    All thoughts appreciated.

Phil Jones is not in squad today
    Neither is rojo
    Get smalling

If you are getting Arnie for son anyway why wait ?
    Much better fixture this week

Thanks for the feedback

Settled on

DDG/Ryan

Auba/Vardy/Murray

2.4m ITB

Nice team but soooooooooo much in the bank when it could be on the field ........anyway I see the rationale even if I don't agree with it
    However if you are going to spend 6.9 on azpi you may as well go the whole hog and get Alonso imo

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

km79 wrote: »
    What about the fixtures today and next week..........looking too far ahead can cost points
    . Gross has 2 very good fixtures until 34
    That's a good point but Gross form has been sh*te lately. I may delay getting Son in though. That'd be an extra transfer to make but as you said planning too much ahead can be as costly.

That's a good point but Gross form has been sh*te lately. I may delay getting Son in though. That'd be an extra transfer to make but as you said planning too much ahead can be as costly.

A goal and 3 assists in 5 games????????????For 6 ml??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Ended up just taking a hit and will WC next week.

Advertisement