Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Rookie question.
    If you activate the wildcard is there anyway to cancel it before the deadline?
    F1ngers wrote: »
    If that was the case, you could wildcard your team and then cancel your wildcard every week...

Hmmm, I thought that's KevIRL did every week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

De Bruyne and Ward-Prowse are going to drop on me over the next couple of days so, while strongly considering it this week anyway, I've played my wildcard.

The aforementioned need to go, as does Gabbiadini, Willian, and although not hugely necessary, I want also Cedric in for Stephens, so I'd be looking at at least a -12.

The international break also gives me an extra week to plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »
    De Bruyne and Ward-Prowse are going to drop on me over the next couple of days so, while strongly considering it this week anyway, I've played my wildcard.

The aforementioned need to go, as does Gabbiadini, Willian, and although not hugely necessary, I want also Cedric in for Stephens, so I'd be looking at at least a -12.

The international break also gives me an extra week to plan.

Not to mention you can assess how the last few days of the window well effect squads and plot your wildcard around that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A Firmino and Mané double up is tempting but is it a disaster waiting to happen re: rotation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I'm currently thinking of WC'ing

I've got

Begovic/Foster
    Hegazi/Alonso/Bailly/Lowe/TAA
    KDB/Tadic/Willian/Mili/Walters
    Mounie/Lukaku/Kane

It would be changing to:

Begovic/Foster
    Hegazi/Alonso/Bailly/Lowe/Yoshida
    Alli/Mkhi/Ramsey/Davis/Atsu
    Firmino/Jesus/Morata

thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Checking in for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

*Follows thread*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'm currently thinking of WC'ing

I've got

Begovic/Foster
    Hegazi/Alonso/Bailly/Lowe/TAA
    KDB/Tadic/Willian/Mili/Walters
    Mounie/Lukaku/Kane

It would be changing to:

Begovic/Foster
    Hegazi/Alonso/Bailly/Lowe/Yoshida
    Alli/Mkhi/Ramsey/Davis/Atsu
    Firmino/Jesus/Morata

thoughts?

Do you need the WBA defence double up (Hegazi-Foster).
    Could you go with Eliott as your second keeper, if Newcastle don't sign a keeper?

I wouldn't be bringing in Yoshida on a wildcard with more competition no for Southampton CB places.
    Also I wouldn't like to rely on Stephen Davis to return much in MF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brady looks tasty for Burnley's home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

shineon23 wrote: »
    Do you need the WBA defence double up (Hegazi-Foster).
    Could you go with Eliott as your second keeper, if Newcastle don't sign a keeper?

I wouldn't be bringing in Yoshida on a wildcard with more competition no for Southampton CB places.
    Also I wouldn't like to rely on Stephen Davis to return much in MF.

Good Idea, I forgot about the double up.

I wildcarded there anyway,

Will likely change multiple times, but currently on:

Foster
    Alonso, Baily,Yoshida,
    Mkhi,Alli,Silva,Pogba
    Abraham,Morata,Firmino

Begovic,Hegazi,Lowe,Brady

With 0.8M ITB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Can I join this gang as well, struggling to maintain interest so pulled the plug.
    Gone full after a McGregor/Tyrone like performance in the last 3 weeks currently languishing 2.5m.
    De Gea/Elliot
    Alonso, Bavies,Jones,Yoshida,Mbemba,
    Pogba,Eriksen,Mane,Mooy,Carroll
    Rooney, Morata, Firmino.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ElTel wrote: »
    Brady should not be a bencher imo.
    I had Britos last year but I'm not sure he's ahead of Prodl in the order now.

Cheers, ended up starting Brady, britos is a disaster, straight back out of my team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Wildcarding over the international break.

Will be transferring players out to protect team value and bringing in players on the off chance I get a double rise(I know, but just in case).

I currently have Kane, Chicarito and RLC being transferred out and possibly losing value, so may do the same myself.
    Would then be nice to bring back 0.1 cheaper apiece.

Will bring in the likes of Firminho/Morata on the off chance of getting 0.1/0.2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Will be transferring players out to protect team value and bringing in players on the off chance I get a double rise(I know, but just in case).

I currently have Kane, Chicarito and RLC being transferred out and possibly losing value, so may do the same myself.

Will bring in the likes of Firminho/Morata on the off chance of getting 0.1/0.2.

Similar reasoning myself.

I don't expect to make any money off rises, but I would have lost £0.2m on De Bruyne and Ward-Prowse if I hadn't played it last night, while Kane is certainly going to drop and I need to shift out Gabbiadini and Willian too.

It also gives me a couple of weeks to sit down, regroup and plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chicharito is 78% toward a rise
    Yes he is getting sales but no way he drops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Sitting down in 3.5 million spot I gotta pull the trigger it has been a disaster so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Changed my team to the following to catch some rises. Gonna sit on that for a week now, wait for the window to close, the international break, and hopefully come back a bit more upbeat than someone sitting at 2.3m

Foster
    Alonso, Jones, Hegazi
    Mane, Pogba, Richarlison, Alli
    Lukaku, Morata, Chiarito

Elliott, Simpson, Carroll, Mbemba,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Changed my team to the following to catch some rises. Gonna sit on that for a week now, wait for the window to close, the international break, and hopefully come back a bit more upbeat than someone sitting at 2.3m

Foster
    Alonso, Jones, Hegazi
    Mane, Pogba, Richarlison, Alli
    Lukaku, Morata, Chiarito

Elliott, Simpson, Carroll, Mbemba,

Like the look of that team. Be close to what I'd go for if I decide to wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

I have wilcarded and currently have

Heaton Foster
    Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Dunk, Clark, Schindler
    Miki, Mane, Alli, D Silva, Chabolah
    Lukaku, Morata, Abraham

0.5 In the bank

I know my defense is very weak. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eoghan104 wrote: »
    I have wilcarded and currently have

Heaton Foster
    Fosu-Mensah, Jones, Dunk, Clark, Schindler
    Miki, Mane, Alli, D Silva, Chabolah
    Lukaku, Morata, Abraham

0.5 In the bank

I know my defense is very weak. Any advice?

I'd get elliot for heaton and mee for tfm. Saves you a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Pretty sure I'm going to go 4-3-3 with Alonso as a false mid, Chalobah and Carroll as my makeweights. I just need four solid defenders but clean sheets have been common lately. It may not continue.

A big decision will be whether I get Kane back in again for Morata before the deadline.

There is going to be an unprecedented amount of late moves this window I feel.......

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Wildcard Activated!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    There is going to be an unprecedented amount of late moves this window I feel.......

Transfer deadline day might even be worth watching this year.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/847183/Riyad-Mahrez-Chelsea-Leicester-Antonio-Conte-Transfer-News-Rumours-Gossip
    Evans linked with Arsenal too
    Gibbs gone to west brom

In 2 days time all our preseason planning will have been for nothing and we will be back to watching team selections for a few weeks again !
    It's like the season start has been reset to gw4

Foster, Elliot,
    Alonso,Jones, Bavies, Yoshida, Mbemba,
    Mane, Pogba, Eriksen, Brady, Carroll
    Lukaku, Firmino,Chicarito
    At 2.4m so wildcarding, what are people's thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

patmac wrote: »
    Foster, Elliot,
    Alonso,Jones, Bavies, Yoshida, Mbemba,
    Mane, Pogba, Eriksen, Brady, Carroll
    Lukaku, Firmino,Chicarito
    At 2.4m so wildcarding, what are people's thoughts?

I really like it. I take it that you've had Pogba from the start and have stored value ?

One of Spurs will be good to have I'd promote Trippier but after the howler last week and the persistent rumors of another signing not sure (you have the whole 2 weeks to keep an eye on it though).

Soares might be a safer bet than Yoshida. Mbemba will be back out again when Lejeune and Dummet come back and we're also in for an Argentinian Left back atm. but he's your best bet of a 4 atm.

If Llorente leaves Swans Abraham might be a runner to free up some cash for you inctead of little pea. If Everton don't sign another Striker Calvert might be worth a cheeky punt.

I think Brady might be making his way into a lot of our teams in the near future.

Colking wrote: »
    I really like it. I take it that you've had Pogba from the start and have stored value ?

One of Spurs will be good to have I'd promote Trippier but after the howler last week and the persistent rumors of another signing not sure (you have the whole 2 weeks to keep an eye on it though).

Soares might be a safer bet than Yoshida. Mbemba will be back out again when Lejeune and Dummet come back and we're also in for an Argentinian Left back atm. but he's your best bet of a 4 atm.

If Llorente leaves Swans Abraham might be a runner to free up some cash for you inctead of little pea. If Everton don't sign another Striker Calvert might be worth a cheeky punt.

I think Brady might be making his way into a lot of our teams in the near future.
    Thanks, no I haven't had Pogba at all, one of the many reasons to wildcard. Is Micky a better bet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Thanks, no I haven't had Pogba at all, one of the many reasons to wildcard. Is Micky a better bet?

Oh Matron :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Hard to know I was really looking forward to his introduction last season and it's just a pity he had to go through Mourinhos hazing or whatever he calls it.

Apparently Lukaku spoke to Pogba and asked him to take the penalty instead .... and we all saw what happened. Thats 3 misses in 6 I think.

We all know that Mourinho rates Pogba very highly so he seems to be the most secure from rotation. Add in penalties ....

Personally I have Mkhi and have had him since day one. I was seriously tempted to put in Pogba as well but wanted Jones.

If I was wildcarding now I would probably be looking at Pogba.

Advertisement