Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wildcard thread 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Any love for Siggy, he got two goals few nights ago, I'm thinking about getting him in.
    I'm thinking about it alright. Although everyone needs a Liverpool/United/Spurs mid so you'll need a cheap striker to afford a 4th expensive mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This team is for a monthly competition, so only considering the next 4 fixtures

YdXr8bv.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just a heads up for anyone with Mee on wc, he's 88% to a drop so could be a nice 4.4 by Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Jesper

Opinions on my WC? 
    Thought I'd hit a hell of a lot more price rises than I did! 
    I'll change out Mbemba. I'd love to find an extra 0.5m to upgrade my 5th defender to another 4.5 (Holgate in 2 weeks). Still not convinced in a Swansea defender either. 
    Foster      Elliot
    Bailly       Hegazi     Naughton      Alonso      Mbemba
    Alli             Mané            Pogba          Chicharito          Carroll
    Lukaku          Morata        Chicho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jesper wrote: »
    Opinions on my WC? 
    Thought I'd hit a hell of a lot more price rises than I did! 
    I'll change out Mbemba. I'd love to find an extra 0.5m to upgrade my 5th defender to another 4.5 (Holgate in 2 weeks). Still not convinced in a Swansea defender either. 
    Foster      Elliot
    Bailly       Hegazi     Naughton      Alonso      Mbemba
    Alli             Mané            Pogba          Chicharito          Carroll
    Lukaku          Morata        Chicho

Chicho Time 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Right opinions on this please

Foster Elliot

Simpson naughton Cedric lejeune tuanzebe

Salah eriksen Pogba Sanchez Antonio/Willian

Hernandez Jesus Calvert Lewin

Looking at a 3-5-2 most weeks obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Lukaku or Kane lads? Don't want both.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Kane for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anyone else curious how Oxlade-Chamberlain will fit into the Liverpool lineup. He'll surely get minutes after they've paid £35 mill for him?

If he becomes a certain starter he could be a nice cheap way to buy a ticket for the Pool midfielder lottery at 6.0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Gents,

Kane and Silva

or

Jesus and Alli?

Absolute head wreck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Gents,

Kane and Silva

or

Jesus and Alli?

Absolute head wreck.

I have Jesus & Alli ... But I want Kane. Hope that helps :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

COH wrote: »
    I have Jesus & Alli ... But I want Kane. Hope that helps :pac:

Haha.

Ffs, it's annoying. This year is going to be a headwrecker with all the big hitters.

Kane/Sanchez/Hazard/Morata/Lukaku/Mane/Aguero/Jesus etc etc

Endless

Currently have

Forster
    Alonso- Bailly - Hegazi
    Mkhi - Silva - Brady - Ramsey
    Morata - Firmino - Kane

If Mee drops I'll be going

Hegazi - Mee
    Brady - Brunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,510 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bournemouth, West Brom, Brighton, Swansea is the next 4 home games for Arsenal. That fixtures over form demon in my head keeps telling me to go with Lacazette over Lukaku and use the cash elsewhere (perhaps double United defence even), sensible CSF is like no don't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Bournemouth, West Brom, Brighton, Swansea is the next 4 home games for Arsenal. That fixtures over form demon in my head keeps telling me to go with Lacazette over Lukaku and use the cash elsewhere (perhaps double United defence even), sensible CSF is like no don't do that.

Looks so good on paper but they have been poison. With Chelsea away after Bournemouth and their form against top 6 sides it's not likely to cost you to wait till after that and monitor them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Currently looking at this:

Elliot
    Alonso Bailly Jones
    Sanchez Eriksen Mkhi Brady
    Morata Firmino Chicarito
    (Speroni - Chalobah Holgate Rosenior)

A few risks but I really like this team.
    Morata at 10m is a steal imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Looks so good on paper but they have been poison. With Chelsea away after Bournemouth and their form against top 6 sides it's not likely to cost you to wait till after that and monitor them.

This
    I always always rush in on Sanchez too quick
    He will have to wait for WC if at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

spock. wrote: »
    Currently looking at this:

Elliot
    Alonso Bailly Jones
    Sanchez Eriksen Mkhi Brady
    Morata Firmino Chicarito
    (Speroni - Chalobah Holgate Rosenior)

A few risks but I really like this team.
    Morata at 10m is a steal imo.

I'm not WCing this GW but if I was, this team would be seriously appealing to pull the trigger on.

Double United defence is risky however IMO, would it be worthwhile downgrading Bailly to someone like Bertrand or Jones to Yosh, the former giving you 0.1 and SOU cover where they have decent fixtures barring United. Jones will hold his place, Mourinho is a big fan and he's been arguably one of the best players this season overshadowed by United's attacking players.

Eriksen covers no Kane, Sanchez a risk but Arsenal have decent fixtures and well it's Sanchez. Toss up between Mkhi & Pogba, personally I'd be on Pogba for gametime and he's jsut playing a lot more forward albeit in the latter stages of the game. Having Elliot is ballsy but goalkeepers have no control over their points really bar 3 saves = 1point and the very rare penalty save.

Waiting to see with Morata myself but he has looked good and as you said, could be a steal.

Very much a differential team, best of luck

Bit worried that I have two attackers each from United Pool and Spurs. A couple of 0-0 draws and I'm in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    First half-proper mess around with a wildcard team and I've come out with the below:

Foster/Elliot

Jones/Davies/Cedric/Lejeune/£4.0m

Salah/Pogba/Alli/Brady/£4.5m

Lukaku/Kane/Chicharito

Okay, I'm now at the stage where Sanchez won't leave my thinking. I could get extremely burnt here, but at worst it's an easy downgrade, isn't it? Isn't it? :eek:

Foster/Elliot

Jones/Davies/Cedric - Naughton and Long

Sanchez/Salah/Pogba/Brady - Carroll

Kane/Firmino/Chicarito

Essentially the difference seems to be Alli + Lukaku or Sanchez + Firmino.

The above also leaves £0.7m in the bank. What would you do with the extra cash? Upgrade Cedric to Bertrand? Long to a playing £4.5m? Something else?

The one thing holding me back is ownership figures. If Lukaku does the business then I'm going to be killed at 60% ownership and he has risen a lot too so it will cost me extra to get back in. Sanchez may not even start tomorrow.

It's a move that could all but be a season ender by the end of September, but one that could propel me up the rankings either.

Is it too early into the game for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Looks like I'll end up with:

Foster (Elliot)
    Ward (Mee if he drops tonight) Alonso Jones Cedric (Yedlin)
    Mane Pogba Tadic (Chalobah, T Carroll)
    Kane Lukaku Firmino

Nothing ITB unless Morata or Kane move tonight (that's the last transfer I have to make). It'll be 433 with mental gymnastics that I'm playing Alonso as a 7.1 midfielder. Ward and Yedlin have good rotation as the 4th defender. Alonso and Kane are the main issues, sucking up so much money that Tadic is my 3rd mid, rather than my preferred option of Eriksen. He's a troll but is on some set-pieces, is nailed, and they have excellent fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm not WCing this GW but if I was, this team would be seriously appealing to pull the trigger on.

Double United defence is risky however IMO, would it be worthwhile downgrading Bailly to someone like Bertrand or Jones to Yosh, the former giving you 0.1 and SOU cover where they have decent fixtures barring United. Jones will hold his place, Mourinho is a big fan and he's been arguably one of the best players this season overshadowed by United's attacking players.

Eriksen covers no Kane, Sanchez a risk but Arsenal have decent fixtures and well it's Sanchez. Toss up between Mkhi & Pogba, personally I'd be on Pogba for gametime and he's jsut playing a lot more forward albeit in the latter stages of the game. Having Elliot is ballsy but goalkeepers have no control over their points really bar 3 saves = 1point and the very rare penalty save.

Waiting to see with Morata myself but he has looked good and as you said, could be a steal.

Very much a differential team, best of luck

Wow, I think you put more analysis into my team than I did myself, cheers!

Utd's fixtures scream clean sheets more so than goals to me so I want to double up in defence rather than attack.
    Bailly has an added goal threat too this season.
    Elliot as my only keeper is a worry, and I could do Speroni and Bailly to Fabianski and Bavies. I want that double Utd defence though.

A few close calls in attack but you can't have everyone and I think there'll be a lot of luck this season over which big hitters produce every given week. So many options to choose from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Currently looking at...
    Foster/Elliott
    Alonso/Jones/Yedlin/Mee/(fodder)
    Mane/Pogba/Eriksen/Richarlison/(fodder)
    Jesus/Lukaku/Chicarito

Tempted to downgrade Alonso to Maguire which would allow me to upgrade one of...
    Jesus to Kane
    Richarlison to Mkhitaryan

Also very tempted to put Salah in instead of Mane. Mane's been one of my favorite FF players for years, but stats show Salah playing a lot more advanced.

Plan B is looking at a front 7 of Salah/Pogba/Mkhitaryan/Eriksen/Morata/Jesus/Chicarito but am worried I'd be missing the main captain choice each week

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

I have made 19 changes since i pressed wildcard. This is tough.

I am currently on

Foster/Elliot
    Jones/Maguire/Daniels.Cedric/Hegazi
    Alli/Mane/Mik/Richarlison/Sanches
    Lukaku/Firmino/Rooney

Rooney worries me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

WD_Raceway wrote: »

I am currently on

Foster/Elliot
    Lukaku/Firmino/Rooney

Rooney worries me

He'd worry me too. I just think it very unlikely he'll be a regular points scorer in the future. The other issue is Hegazi's place, although I know he's been gold for people who've had him. Otherwise looks like a solid team.

I am currently on

Foster/Elliot
    Lukaku/Firmino/Rooney

Rooney worries me

I'd cash in on Hegazi especially as you have Foster already. Some good 4.4 options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Am almost settled on my team but still feeling nervous.

Foster/Elliot
    Jones/Otimendi/Gomez/Davies/Schindler
    Miki/Fabregas/Ali/R Sanches/M James
    Lukaku/Morata/Jesus

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

He'd worry me too. I just think it very unlikely he'll be a regular points scorer in the future. The other issue is Hegazi's place, although I know he's been gold for people who've had him. Otherwise looks like a solid team.
    I'd cash in on Hegazi especially as you have Foster already. Some good 4.4 options.

Jagielka?? Gomez??

Jagielka?? Gomez??

Mee is a good rotation option. Yedlin is 4.4 and so is Wimmer but I'd wait and see with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,125 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Gone with

Foster/Elliot

Evans/Jones/Yosh/Lowe/Mbemba

Mane/Pogba/Mahrez/Brady/RLC

Kane/Firmino/Morata

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Am I mad to be going with Utd x 2 and Saints x2 for by 3 Def & goalie,with bench of Hud,BHA,& Newc

Advertisement