Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl in Baldoyle moving premises?

Options
  • 13-08-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

I was out with some friends yesterday and they were saying that the Lidl in Baldoyle is moving to the old Grange Motor/Tom Walsh site, but I can't seem to find any solid info on it and their information was vague. Has anyone heard anything about this? Cheers
    Personally I'd love an Aldi in the area as there's 3 Lidl within spitting distance - Baldoyle/Portmarnock and the Malahide Rd and the nearest Aldi is Coolock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

few years back they were looking for planning permission to build on the site opposite tom walsh between the train line and the coast but was refused. the lidl in baldoyle now is a horrible little shop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭BowWow

Amberjack wrote: »
    I was out with some friends yesterday and they were saying that the Lidl in Baldoyle is moving to the old Grange Motor/Tom Walsh site, but I can't seem to find any solid info on it and their information was vague. Has anyone heard anything about this? Cheers
    Personally I'd love an Aldi in the area as there's 3 Lidl within spitting distance - Baldoyle/Portmarnock and the Malahide Rd and the nearest Aldi is Coolock

Hoardings going up around a large part of the Bayside car park for a builder's compound. Staff in shops saying construction is starting on an Aldi - happy days if correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Gosh I'd love if an Aldi went into Bayside, whereabouts is the hoarding as the only car park I know of is the church one?

Amberjack wrote: »
    the only car park I know of is the church one?

That's the one. Don't believe the church owns it, part of the center.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

An extra floor is quite an amendment.

Parking wise I'm not sure the old one would cope with the demands of an Aldi on top of the existing things. Unless they have dug for an underground carpark? Only ran to the doctors the other week so didn't have a good snoop at the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

They should keep the shop as it is as a heritage site. To show future generations how LIDL used to be.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,137 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

*confused* are LIDL moving from Baldoyle... to Bayside?

Baldoyle was the first LIDL I visited, back in the days when it was all 'ambient' stuff & specials brought straight from Germany, no fresh food, veg.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

odyssey06 wrote: »
    *confused* are LIDL moving from Baldoyle... to Bayside?

No, staying as is it seems.
    Confusion from work ongoing in the old Tom Walsh motors site and then Bayside shopping centre upgrading.

Its meant to be another motor dealers from Howth that is meant to be going into the old Tom Walsh motor site.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Beshoff Motors are going into the old Tom Walsh site in September

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,604 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Davy wrote: »
    No, staying as is it seems.
    Confusion from work ongoing in the old Tom Walsh motors site and then Bayside shopping centre upgrading.

Its meant to be another motor dealers from Howth that is meant to be going into the old Tom Walsh motor site.

Yes Beshoff Motors signage on the entry points in to Tom Walsh Motor Site today.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

BowWow wrote: »

That'd be quite bad.. Size of the site is high enough as is.. #Baysidepride :)

Advertisement