Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Induction motor repair

Options
  • 13-08-2017 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

I have two motors from automatic gates. Both got wet, one stopped so I removed both and dried them. To replace them it will cost 850euros for the pair.

Is it possible to repair these motors, will it cost as much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭crf450

Hi hedge cutter it is possible to get them repaired try ERS waterford the deal with these types repairs and can collect as well.
    [font=arial, sans-serif][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif]E.R.S Ltd[/font]
    Website
    Directions
    Electric motor repair shop in Waterford, Republic of Ireland[/font][/color]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]
    AddressNewgate Street, Waterford, Ireland[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Phone[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]+353 51 878 933[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

crf450 wrote: »
    Hi hedge cutter it is possible to get them repaired try ERS waterford the deal with these types repairs and can collect as well.
    [font=arial, sans-serif][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)][font=arial, sans-serif-light, sans-serif]E.R.S Ltd[/font]
    Website
    Directions
    Electric motor repair shop in Waterford, Republic of Ireland[/font][/color]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]
    AddressNewgate Street, Waterford, Ireland[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Phone[/font][font=arial, sans-serif]+353 51 878 933[/font]

Thanks. Any idea what the cost would be.

I wouldnt have clue but if you give them ring they will give good estimate.

Have you tried powering up after they were dry ??. 
    Or have you put multimeter across windings or checked capacitor with multi meter?

How bad were they wet, are you sure its with motor not control box maybe a fuse blew when motors  got wet on circuit board ??

You could try powering up motors from lead and plug it in to confirm motor are gone and its not control box ??

I assume motors are 230V

They were socked. Inside they don't look too bad. One of the rotors looks rusty but the other look clean enough.
    I have a multi meter but not sure which ohm setting to use and what reading is a good reading.

• Advertisement

Told by ERS limerick it wont be cost effective if they are burnt out. Is it easy tell if they are burnt out.
    I get the feeling they brushed me off.

Advertisement