Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2017/18 Superthread

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Fizzling out lol. They haven't lost a game yet and baring the worst disallowed goal of the year against Valencia they'd likely be even further ahead of the chasing pack.
    Nobody wins 100% of matches ever, the occasional draw doesn't equate to fizzling out.

Fizzling out as in two draws in a row that looked a bit lethargic
    This is La Liga buddy Barca drawing two in a row is a drop in form
    Im well aware nobody wins every game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Technically Barca scored the most goals in both those games. Official mistakes cost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Weird way for Valencia to bring up their first loss of the season, didn't see the game but man advantage for 65 mins and still managed to lose is bizarre.

Unlucky to lose to a huge deflection, and frustrating to not capitalise on both Barca and Real dropping points, but not a good performance and should be putting it beyond luck. Valencia are starting to look a bit jaded; the squad is very thin compared to the other teams in the top 5.

The likes of Soler, Perreira, Santi Mina and Nacho Gil are decent players (and maybe on the way to being very decent), but nowhere close to what the likes of Barca have to call on. There's far too much reliance on Parejo, Kondogbia and Guedes to play and dominate every game at the moment.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Technically Barca scored the most goals in both those games. Official mistakes cost them.

When you check the score at the end of the game they have the same as the other team. Officials make mistakes the other way to. Barca are known for positive mistakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Irishman you seem desperate for them to collapse after your predictions of Reals dominance and massive class difference between squads, to the point you're largely exaggerating a couple of results that they were unlucky to not win due to poor officiating by any non agenda driven persons perspective.

Irishman you seem desperate for them to collapse after your predictions of Reals dominance and massive class difference between squads, to the point you're largely exaggerating a couple of results that they were unlucky to not win due to poor officiating by any non agenda driven persons perspective.

:confused: i dont care if they collapse at all
    I predicted Real to run away with the title i was wrong, have a look at my premier league predictions and you will see i said Huddersfield would get relegated :pac: and i'm openly delighted with them proving me wrong
    I have zero agenda against Barca, well besides thinking Pique is a tool
    Barca had a amazing start and then they dropped a few games , that is the total summary of my post, that it wasnt possible to keep the run going
    I dont see why you have such a problem with what i said, it says more about you tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

irishman86 wrote: »
    When you check the score at the end of the game they have the same as the other team. Officials make mistakes the other way to. Barca are known for positive mistakes

We all know a certain guy is now eating his monitor :D

Terrible penalty by Ronaldo only got away with it as Sevilla goalie well........ was equally as bad at saving it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Interesting game tonight with Villarreal taking on Barcelona. Some pressure as Valencia, Atletico and Real Madrid have all picked up wins. Teams:
    Villarreal XI: Asenjo; Mario, Victor Ruiz, Alvaro, Jaume Costa; Soriano, Ruben Semedo, Rodri, Trigueros; Raba, Bakambu.

Barcelona XI: Ter Stegen; Sergi Roberto, Pique, Vermaelen, Jordi Alba; Denis Suarez, Rakitic, Busquets, Paulinho; Messi, Luis Suarez.

Looking forward to seeing how Bakambu gets on.

• Advertisement

How long more will Barca stick with Suarez before they force him to fix his knee for proper? Have to feel a little for Alacer he's been pretty good for them this season and yet Deulofeu and a heavily gimped Suarez start ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How long more will Barca stick with Suarez before they force him to fix his knee for proper? Have to feel a little for Alacer he's been pretty good for them this season and yet Deulofeu and a heavily gimped Suarez start ahead of him.

Is his knee injured ?
    He has looked a shadow of himself for the last year ,anytime I've seen him play he has been terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barca quite boring to watch even with Messi and Iniesta.

Real lack of pace.

Barcelona have been sluggish so far. Denis Suarez has been disappointing in promising situations.

Villarreal down to ten men. Raba sent off. It looked bad to me on first sight.

Having seen the replay I think the ref got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A team in wine coloured jerseys relying on their no.10 to do something feels very familiar to watch on Sunday night.

• Advertisement

1-0 to Barca. Luis Suarez scores.

Messi puts the game to bed. 2-0.

Update: 2-0 is how it ends. The red card was the real game changing moment. It was a compelling contest prior to that but it seemed inevitable how it would go after Raba walked. The introduction of Alcacer also made Barca much better.

Another win for Valverde's Barca. Can't flaw their effectiveness at winning they are however I think the most boring Barca side I've seen in quite some time. Highly effective though. Their goal concession tally is excellent.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

great result that. Valencia, Villarreal, Atletico and Athletic all away, all finished.

Still will lose to Sociedad though..

Fact Suarez still has yet to peak and Ousmane will be back soon bodes badly for the rest of the league.

A lot of one sided leagues around Europe this season.

• Advertisement

Is his knee injured ?
    He has looked a shadow of himself for the last year ,anytime I've seen him play he has been terrible.

Sorry missed this earlier.

Cyst in his knee (possibly two?) that's been going on with months. The nutter just won't service it properly at all and rest it. Keeps insisting he can play. Which medically he can but it's also quite clearly affecting his performance. He just grits his way through it. It's impressive in one sense but downright bizarre in another!

Fact Suarez still has yet to peak and Ousmane will be back soon bodes badly for the rest of the league.

A lot of one sided leagues around Europe this season.

Perhaps Suarez is on the way down from his peak
    La Liga is never really over, they are 6 points ahead of third place and yet to play Real not exactly a mountain

Cyst in his knee (possibly two?) that's been going on with months. The nutter just won't service it properly at all and rest it. Keeps insisting he can play. Which medically he can but it's also quite clearly affecting his performance. He just grits his way through it. It's impressive in one sense but downright bizarre in another!

Hopefully not one of those things that ends up affecting him in the future, sometimes the club should step in and order him to do it

That sounds nasty.
    I was going to say that hopefully he can get it sorted out over the Christmas break but it looks like there isn't any this year due to the World Cup next year.

El Classico is on at the Bernabeu Saturday Dec 23rd at noon Irish time,a nice pre Christmas treat.
    A bizarre time to play the match ,obviously its to cater for the Asian market.

You'd think Real will have to win that to have any chance of challenging for the title this year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

El Classico in two weeks followed by the shutdown and no CL until February. That would seem the obvious cut-off point to get that seen to. A few stitches would equal three or four weeks recovery at the absolute max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Seen the result of the Madrid game at the World Club Cup, winning 1-2, and I thought their recent dodgy form must be continuing with such a narrow victory.

Then went on to YT to watch the highlights, they could have had 10 or more. Think they hit the woodwork 4 times, and the opposition keeper had a blinder.

Former Barca assistant Henk Ten Cate (under Rijkaard) is in charge of that Al Jazira crowd.

No one cares but i ll post it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I care, thanks.

Isn't he also a sky pundit or am I thinking of someone else?

I cant tell you that as i dont have sky.
    Maybe when they have a Dutch match but even then i dont watch sky as i prefer the Dutch streams so i can get really annoyed by the biased analysts there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Really one sided match here, with another Barca effort ruled out for not ? Crossing the line.

Paulinho arguably one of the singings of the season. Was certainly a big risk factor attached to it but he's been very solid for them.

Barca look the most complete team in Europe for me this year.

More fantastic stuff from Iniesta, running the game.

Listening to Radio 5 on Friday. Jermaine Jenas in his infinite wisdom said that if Busquets was out that Barcelona would be fine since Iniesta would drop into his place (that he never plays in, doesn't have the legs for and in a squad of Mascherano and Paulinho):pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Next Saturday could be a near death blow for Real.

Equally Asensio or Isco could smash one in the top corner like the Super Cup and suddenly, the title race will be proclaimed to be back on.

dfx- wrote: »
    More fantastic stuff from Iniesta, running the game.

Listening to Radio 5 on Friday. Jermaine Jenas in his infinite wisdom said that if Busquets was out that Barcelona would be fine since Iniesta would drop into his place (that he never plays in, doesn't have the legs for and in a squad of Mascherano and Paulinho):pac:

You aren't going to get any insight from Jenas .
    I no longer watch Match of the Day live ,its taped and I fast forward through the putred pundits,Jenas,Phil Neville and Ian Wright.
    Those guys should be on playschool ,along with Lineker who isn't much better.

Saw some of the Barcelona match last night and Barcelona were impressive ,looked to have a bit of energy in the middle with Rakitic and Paulinho .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

If we lose this game because of that ****ing goal that was never given. It's some joke that there is still no goal line technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Get in camarasa!! Hold on now and the villamarín will be hopping friday.

Atleti losing tonight doesn't do much good for half a decent title race this year. Hopefully Costa is fully fit for January because Torres is all sorts of bad these days. They never truly replaced Diego Costa when he left and Chelsea haven't looked as good without him this year, an absolute animal and nightmare opponent.

Midday Classico tomorrow, league badly needs a Real win, can't see it happening though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Rekop dog wrote:
    Midday Classico tomorrow, league badly needs a Real win, can't see it happening though.

I can see it being a draw, if Barca win race is done bar a minor miracle collapse or Messi getting injured.
    I'll miss the game anyway....:rolleyes:
    Sevilla sacked Berizzo today also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I think Real will win. Wouldn't trust Vermelan at the back with Madrids movement.

justshane wrote: »
    I think Real will win. Wouldn't trust Vermelan at the back with Madrids movement.

He's played a good bit recently and they've been fantastic at the back.

Best defensive record in the top five domestic leagues.

Even in the champions league they conceded the least by far. Only 1 goal in 6 matches. Next best side conceded four goals so that really shows you how formidable they've been at the back. Obv they'd prefer to start Umtiti but they've proven they're not overly reliant on him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

quite an airshot by Ronnie :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Excellent goal there. Madrid ripped apart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Suarez 1-0 54 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Shocking defending by Madrid. They just walked through them.

Good goal by Barcelona, they have stepped it up since half time.
    Kovacic badly at fault for the goal.

Ramos booked, good chance he will get sent off now.
    Wonder what price he was for a red card, always a good bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Haha, desperate there by carvajal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Real could be down to 9, will be when Ramos gets the second yellow

• Advertisement
Advertisement