Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2017/18 Superthread

1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Tragic to get within two 180 minutes of an undefeated season and throw it away so carelessly against a poor team who had nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

MD1990 wrote: »
    Barcelona are doing despite being awful in the transfer market.

Mina another woeful signing.

3 appearances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Seriously though how do you f*ck up an opportunity to be invincible by arranging a friendly in South Africa in between the penultimate and final game of the season, which means you rest your talisman because apparently he is contractually obliged to play in the friendly? Not to mention starting both back-up centre-backs.

It's a scandalous level of stupidity.

Special mention for Levante coach Paco Lopez. This is his first time coaching a top non B or C-team side and he took them over in March when they were in relegation trouble and hadn't won in 6 months. Since then they have won 25 points from a possible 30, and he has just cost Barca an undefeated season. They've also done all this playing super attacking football. He's a name I'll be keeping an eye on next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Tragic to get within two 180 minutes of an undefeated season and throw it away so carelessly against a poor team who had nothing to play for.

Not a team that deserve to go unbeaten.

Way too reliant on Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,214 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was busy all day and only just seen all the football results from today.

Can't believe after getting so close, Barca lose their potential record to Levante.

Who'd have thought that would happen. Teach them for chasing easy cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Such a sad moment to see Iniesta finish up at Barcelona.

What an incredible player. Unbelievable midfielder and been a pleasure to watch over the last 10 years. Won everything their is to win and has the winning goal in a World Cup final too.

Pity he didn't decide to play another season instead of chasing mega cash in China.

Not like he's a pauper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Would you agree with this Irishguitarlad? You're our resident Betis fan haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That seems a bit ****ty for a few players who played their balls off the full season.
    But if it was the fans deciding, i guess it is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Would you agree with this Irishguitarlad? You're our resident Betis fan haha

Sorry, just seen this. Yeah 100%, he has been absolutely immense for us. I was shocked he wasn't called up by Spain for the world cup. We went on a big streak of games without conceding thanks to him.

• Advertisement

Sorry, just seen this. Yeah 100%, he has been absolutely immense for us. I was shocked he wasn't called up by Spain for the world cup. We went on a big streak of games without conceding thanks to him.

One of the big 2 next season so;)
    Why did Barca let him go at all? Was it injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

NIMAN wrote: »

When bale left him on his hole in copa del rey final ;)

I'm not too sure. It's a strange one as his Barca connections are strong. Came up from la Masia and also has Puyol as his agent. I think he learned a lot in Germany(even though by all accounts he had a tough time) and is improving with age. He also looks physically stronger.

That's them Spanish sports and their alleged drug taking is it!

That's them Spanish sports and their alleged drug taking is it!

Haha we need to find the stuff that Madrid and Barca are taking:-p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ronaldo fined some €17m and 2 year suspended sentence over his tax fraud case.

Wonder will he push for a new contract or a move from Madrid in the next few months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

As far as i know, we are in the "Ronaldo threatens to leave but in the end signs new contract" season already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

inforfun wrote: »
    As far as i know, we are in the "Ronaldo threatens to leave but in the end signs new contract" season already

Sure that was before the trial.

Next saga will be "Ronaldo demands Real to pay his tax bill", or he leaves. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

At a certain point you have to think that maybe the Spanish tax authorities are the ones with the problem.

I've read, but don't know enough about the details, that Spanish tax law is intentionally convoluted, pretty much so they can arbitrarily fine the **** out of the wealthy for extra income.

It seems more plausible than everyone independently deciding to defraud the nation of Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doesn't matter. These players earn millions, and can well afford top Spanish accountants to ensure everything is above board.

Ronaldo deserves as much criticism on this as Messi got.

The Spanish authorities however, definitely seem to target foreigners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Doesn't matter. These players earn millions, and can well afford top Spanish accountants to ensure everything is above board.

Ronaldo deserves as much criticism on this as Messi got.

The Spanish authorities however, definitely seem to target foreigners.

They have top accountants. It didn't help. It sounds like a con and that sounds about par for the course from what I know of the Spanish state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Do people see the “Real” bit and switch on by accident? :pac:

Jokes aside, I saw a couple of matches last season and it was highly entertaining to say the least, I can see why the team is popular with viewers outside of the club’s fan base. Sanabria looks like a top class striker in the making, hopefully he doesn’t lose even more time to injuries next season, I’d like to see ye hold onto him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Really enjoyed watching Betis last season. So I can really understand that.

Advertisement