Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2017/18 Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Messi hat trick.

I can't believe this team has Deulofeu and Paulinho in it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A completely different Suarez has returned from injury/international break. Looks sharp in this second half. Lovely combination play there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Once Dembele comes in they'll still have the most dangerous front 3 in football. Iniesta looks as dangerous as ever. Paulinho has been fantastic for Brazil so looks a good squad addition. Early days but seems talk of their demise was great exaggerated, probably much to the annoyance of the majority of the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,297 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dfx- wrote: »
    A completely different Suarez has returned from injury/international break. Looks sharp in this second half. Lovely combination play there.

Hopefully he is back to his best as 2017 was a very poor year for him ,he looked well off the pace for most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Once Dembele comes in they'll still have the most dangerous front 3 in football. Iniesta looks as dangerous as ever. Paulinho has been fantastic for Brazil so looks a good squad addition. Early days but seems talk of their demise was great exaggerated, probably much to the annoyance of the majority of the soccer forum.

Have to agree with this. Their strongest XI is still frighteningly good and Barcelona almost never had super squad depth anyway. Even during the so called "golden era" they only had a really strong first XI and decent, not brilliant, squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Sociedad setting the tempo for the the Basque region.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Any way to get tonight's Barca-Juve match on Sky?

zuutroy wrote: »
    Any way to get tonight's Barca-Juve match on Sky?

BT have the rights to the match ,so it will be on one of the BT interactive streams,BT Sport Extra 2 to be precise.

Eir Sports are showing the same matches as BT ,I dont see the logic of that at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Pique :pac::pac::pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Paulinho putting Barca ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Brilliant strike from Fede Cartabia to level against Betis.

I saw a bit of the Barca game. No surprise they won as Getafe couldn't defend to save their lives.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Good to have Getafe out of the way, horrible empty ground.

Two unheralded subs score the goals..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

dfx- wrote: »
    Good to have Getafe out of the way, horrible empty ground.

Two unheralded subs score the goals..

It was pretty much full :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I would have understood it as empty of feeling.

Plenty of people there, sure, but there were quite a few Barca fans scattered around the ground celebrating when Denis Suarez equalised. Similar happens when they play the likes of Madrid and Atleti.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Just back from the Betis game and jesus christ what an atmosphere. I am in goal sur and it is crazy. Joaquín is some man for 36 years old. Guardado is unbelievable though, it was the best display of football I have seen in person. Setién was hammered for his style of play after the villareal game but they have to give him a chance and wait for his team to get accustomed to his style. Anyways a great win at home and I cant wait for next Monday week against Levante.

Big blow for Barcelona.
    Dembele needs surgery on a ruptured tendon in his left thigh and will be out for three or four months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,049 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just back from the Betis game and jesus christ what an atmosphere. I am in goal sur and it is crazy. Joaquis some man for 36 years old. Guardado is unbelievable though, it was the best display of football I have seen in person. Setiwas hammered for his style of play after the villareal game but they have to give him a chance and wait for his team to get accustomed to his style. Anyways a great win at home and I cant wait for next Monday week against Levante.

Must be the breast milk he got up until age 6, worked wonders for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Big blow for Barcelona.
    Dembele needs surgery on a ruptured tendon in his left thigh and will be out for three or four months.

That's the kind of thing that makes you quit Football Manager without saving.

Delighted for Bale. Criticism he was getting was heavily disproportionate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

NIMAN wrote: »
    Must be the breast milk he got up until age 6, worked wonders for him.

Haha do you know he is going to be on a famous chat show here every week? Apparently he is quite the comic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bale didn't do much apart from score the goal for 3-1 in a game in which the home team were beaten before HT. Bale has a lot, lot more to do this season. It really feels a lot like last season at the moment.

Great goal by Bale, but I think this will be his last season at Madrid.

Once they start boo'ing you there, you're a goner.

NIMAN wrote: »

His first few months in Madrid were tough, the hardcore fans were on his back then as well if I recall correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NIMAN wrote:

Ah they boo everyone. Even Ronaldo has got it

ERG89 wrote: »
    Ah they boo everyone. Even Ronaldo has got it

They attacked Bales car in 2015 ,they are a crazy bunch.

His form will have to improve though ,he has played 17 games for Real Madrid in 2017, starting 13, but has scored only three goals and notched just three assists.

For Wales he is without a single goal or assist for his national team in 2017.

Bale made numerous really good runs last match and nobody passed it to him. There were moments in the first half where he had buckets of space ahead and Asensio, Isco and Mayoral would almost seemingly ignore him. Bale's form does need to improve. However, I do think he's getting unfair treatment because he's not Spanish.

Isco had several unbelievably sh*t games for Real Madrid and the Madristas would always applaud him off chanting his name. Bale, never got that, nor will he ever. Despite all he's done for the club. He'll be constantly criticised. It's sad that both Barca and Madrid treat some of their players this way.

Bale.will be in the EPL next season.

Get the mortgage.on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

How do you access games on the red button? Nothing happens when I press mine. The Valencia game is on it at the moment

Well i think thats the end of Malagas coach

• Advertisement

That pen looked super soft. Harsh on Eibar.

Nice from Paulinho, good to see him translating his impressive Brazil form of late to la liga. I'd be starting him consistently ahead of Rakitic this season, who for me has been underwhelming in his time at Barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That is unreal by Messi. Just a class finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another hatter for the GOAT.

Paulinho has been excellent for Barca

Delefuo has been pretty useless though

This guy makes Paulinhos keepy uppies look good.
    There is hope for us all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

This guy makes Paulinhos keepy uppies look good.
    There is hope for us all

Very good player.

He was excellent against Real Sociedad. A bit like a young Bale playing at LB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Not sure if here is the best place to post but my brothers a Barca fan and turned 21 a few months back. He wanted the family to go over for a match and he picked the Seville one in November he bought tickets for the match on the Barca site but the tickets just say the weekend of the 4th Nov. Long story short when will the date for the match be confirmed?

MD1990 wrote: »
    Very good player.

He was excellent against Real Sociedad. A bit like a young Bale playing at LB.

Which goes to show there's more to football than being able to do tricks

Madrid look to be going through the motions a little.

Messi has scored as many goals as them in the league:D

What an awful attempt from the Betis player

Marcelo injured

• Advertisement

Madrid look to be going through the motions a little.

Messi has scored as many goals as them in the league:D

Badly need a goal now. Dreadful result for then if they draw here

That would have been a wonder goal from Bale...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

markc91 wrote: »
    Not sure if here is the best place to post but my brothers a Barca fan and turned 21 a few months back. He wanted the family to go over for a match and he picked the Seville one in November he bought tickets for the match on the Barca site but the tickets just say the weekend of the 4th Nov. Long story short when will the date for the match be confirmed?

Think it's usually about 3to4 weeks before.

You can see confirmations on official website.

So now you see the la liga game on 14/10/2017 is confirmed but the game on
    22/10/2017 is not yet.

So just keep an eye there.

With barca I usually just book flights so I'm there the sat and Sun, don't think they ever get the Friday slot anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Boom!!!

Wow!!!

Make no bones about it, even early in the season seven points is a *substantial* advantage to be giving away by the high standards of this league.

Betis with the winner!

Caught badly there

Zizou out!

Wow!!!

Make no bones about it, even early in the season seven points is a *substantial* advantage to be giving away by the high standards of this league.

Not when Real can go on a ten match winning streak. I'd agree with you if it was christmas

R.Madrid regretting selling players like Morata during the summer and not getting adequate replacements.

They'll also regret not selling Bale, they should of cashed in on him since the price is sharply decreasing with each game

• Advertisement
Advertisement