Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga 2017/18 Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Hilarious by the way that they're now going on strike tomorrow to 'make a stand'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Very good game happening here in San Mamés

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

^ Eleven yellow cards:pac:

dfx- wrote: »
    ^ Eleven yellow cards:pac:

That was with the handbags at the end. Muriel left the boot in and one of the bilbao players reacted what followed was a load of handbags where the ref gave a load of yellows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Lovely finish from Saul. Great game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What the hell is up with the piped in looped crowd noise on the Atletico Barca match on Sky Sports

Suarez:)

Simeone still no league win over Barcelona in lots of attempts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

And the hunt begins
    Fair play for Barca to get a draw against possibly the best defensive team in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was watching highlights of today's games and that Betis vs Valencia game was mad. Valencia went 4-0 up, Betis pegged it back to 4-3 and then Valenica added two late goals to win it 6-3. Zaza is having a very good season once again. He's bounced back well from his disappointing spell in England.

Bakambu is another one having an excellent start to the season. He took his goals very nicely against Girona. I could see him doing well in the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I was watching highlights of today's games and that Betis vs Valencia game was mad. Valencia went 4-0 up, Betis pegged it back to 4-3 and then Valenica added two late goals to win it 6-3. Zaza is having a very good season once again. He's bounced back well from his disappointing spell in England.

Guedes is absolutely magic for Valencia. Disappointing there's no option to buy in his loan deal.

Kondogbia is complete beast in midfield too; the team is unrecognisable from the last few seasons.

• Advertisement

What a fecking goal from Guedes. World class.

https://twitter.com/FatMat91HD/status/921787806585970688

Update: 2-0 to Valencia now. Lovely goal from Zaza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Marcelino is a top top manager. Valencia might be back.

Just back from the Betis game and Javi Garcia was excellent today. His absence in the Valencia game was greatly felt. Sanabria continues his goal streak. Europa League dream is still on.

Santi Mina makes it 3-0 to Valencia. I hope Kjaer concedes as many goals for Denmark against us as he and his teammates have in the last few games for Sevilla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone know whats the story with La Liga tickets? Being trying to get Valencia ones but they only seem to appear days before games.

Guedes makes it 4-0! Some statement this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Some statement alright. Sevilla are way below their par level for this season.

I caught up to speed with the Barcelona vs Malaga game and I thought Malaga were unlucky. For the first goal the ball had gone out of play and the second one took a deflection. Suarez missed a good chance and looks out of sorts.

Villarreal looked good in their 4-0 win over Las Palmas. Bakambu and Bacca are an exciting combination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Watching Atleti away to Celta and they're slogging away. 1-0 up at half time but it's been far from plain sailing. Celta look pretty good and Atleti are slow to get going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Straight forward win for Real, they really do appear to be saving themselves abit for the CL this year. Doubt the league is as high a priority

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Straight forward win for Real, they really do appear to be saving themselves abit for the CL this year. Doubt the league is as high a priority

What a weird post. Of course it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

No reaction to today's events? Surely Barca will not stay in the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

they can't afford not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's unlikely that Catalyuna is going anywhere for the time being.
    They're not their own country until everyone else agrees, and even if Spain didn't clamp down by force, it'd probably be years before they were recognised by the rest of the world as an independent nation.

It could well mean some games get played behind closed doors though.

Perhaps starting with Girona-v-Real tomorrow.
    As I understand it, Girona is one of the most pro-independence areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Would be nice of Barca to step aside and let valencia stroll on to the title :)

• Advertisement

great game at san mames, should be 2-2..Messi unbelievable miss and then scores..

Barcelona have been ridiculously solid this year. When you're scoring more and conceding less than the entire league there's a whole lot to admire about a side.

I thought Barca were suspect at times defensively. Aduriz really should have taken his chance and it might have been a different game. Ter Stegen has impressed me from what I've seen of him this season and he made a crucial stop there.

I see Zaza got another goal for Valencia. He and they are in great form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Girona have turned a goal deficit into a goal lead against Real with a half hour left. Thoroughly deserved too.

Oh dear Real, their early season fixtures have been very kind as well.

• Advertisement

Zidane for the chop if this continues

I thought Barca were suspect at times defensively. Aduriz really should have taken his chance and it might have been a different game. Ter Stegen has impressed me from what I've seen of him this season and he made a crucial stop there.

I see Zaza got another goal for Valencia. He and they are in great form.

Bilbao had some great chances alright, but so did Barcelona. Messi's inexplicable miss, Paulinho hitting the bar and even Gomes. Second half, Bilbao lacked the final ball for their dominance.

I thought it was just a great game settled in injury time, both sides going for the win, like the league game there early last season.

8 point lead for Barca over real after 10 games. Quite a big advantage already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Been quite a month for Maffeo. Done very well against both Messi and Ronaldo. He was incredible today.

And particularly when you consider they haven't faced a difficult opponent away from home yet.

Their intensity levels just aren't up to scratch this season. Guess it happens when you win everything a few times.

Only four ahead of Valencia though. Neither Madrid side is looking great at the moment. On form so far it's between Barca and Valencia. Long way to go. Be a hell of a rebound by the club from the Neville era if they win la liga.
    :)

I'm sure Gary would try take some credit for it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Given the political environment currently in Catalunya, what a time for Girona to beat Madrid, the champions/biggest team in Spain/seat of the supposedly oppressive government both currently and historically.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Oh dear Real, their early season fixtures have been very kind as well.

Ignoring the result 95% of fixtures in LaLiga are kind to Real/barca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't remember the last time Real played an early match.

They're almost always the late match, with the occasional five o'clock kick off.

Wonder if it had an effect on the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They're almost always the late match, with the occasional five o'clock kick off.

Real Madrid should be beating Girona no matter what time they play at. End of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Getafe and Alaves were 3 o clocks. Levante was a 12 o clock kick off. That's almost a third of their league games so far. Fail to see how playing in the evening would be an issue anyway. Seems to be working alright for them in the Champions League in recent years.

Iniesta has been unbelievable first half. Everyone else struggling to control the ball at one stage or another in the pouring rain, no problem for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Haven't been able to watch the match but that was some strike by Asensio. Couldn't have hit it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Haven't been able to watch the match but that was some strike by Asensio. Couldn't have hit it better.

Yea watched the first 70 minutes... Unreal boot alright.

Correa misses an absolute sitter for athletico after 3 minutes.

Should be a good game as both teams can't really afford to loose or draw. Already 11 points behind Barca

It was a very poor spectacle in the end. The fear of defeat maybe contributed to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The top sides in La Liga have dropped a level this year.

Barca not convincing either despite their results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Madrid toothless up front again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Have RM taken their eye off the ball - from the most fearsome front three in the game to a damp squib of an attack. Are they paying for not refreshing the front line?

• Advertisement

Letting Morata go was criminal

Advertisement