Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish at the Autumn Marathons

• 13-08-2017 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

While traffic is still high before the end of Worlds I thought might be the best time to get a bit of discussion going regarding Marathon season with the likes of Berlin, Dublin, Frankfurt and Amsterdam coming in the autumn winter.

Top 2017 Marathon times

02:15:30 Paul Pollock - Injured
    02:16:18 Sean Hehir - Just ran Worlds - Dublin??
    02:16:21 Mick Clohisey - Just ran Worlds - Dublin??
    02:17:08 Kevin Seaward - ?
    02:17:34 Thomas Frazer - ?
    02:17:59 Stephen Scullion - Berlin?

02:38:26 Claire McCarthy - Post Worlds - ?
    02:41:46 Laura Graham - Dublin??
    02:45:09 Siobhan O'Doherty - ??

2016 top times

02:15:11 Mick Clohisey
    02:16:24 Paul Pollock
    02:17:20 Sean Hehir
    02:17:40 Sergiu Ciobanu
    02:19:17 Thomas Frazer
    02:19:52 Mark Hanrahan
    02:20:06 Kevin Seaward
    02:20:39 Stephen Scullion

02:31:22 Fionnuala McCormack
    02:38:00 Claire McCarthy
    02:38:53 Gladys Ganiel O'Neill
    02:39:49 Barbara Sanchez
    02:39:57 Lizzie Lee
    02:41:54 Laura Graham
    02:44:33 Caitriona Jennings
    02:44:41 Breege Connolly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Scullion ran the national half today, 1:08:46 and fourth. Mick was very impressive in London, 22nd in the world is not to be sneezed at. Real shame Pollock was injured, would have loved to see them pushing each other.

Have seen Hehir and Clohissey out running together in the Phoenix Park, great to see two of our best training together

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Almost certain I (recently) read Scullion post somewhere that he is running Dublin, hopefully we get to see himself, Mick\Sean and a couple of others go at it for the national title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

Duanington wrote: »
    Almost certain I (recently) read Scullion post somewhere that he is running Dublin, hopefully we get to see himself, Mick\Sean and a couple of others go at it for the national title

Be really good to see that when this year is the only realistic possibility to see our best run Dublin given the next WC isn't for two years. Hopefully, it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Paul really interests me. His boom or bust approach may work eventually. In that I mean a 2.12 or thereabouts. As much as I admire his approach in many ways, I do wonder about the consistency needed to toe the line and compete on a regular basis. Here is hoping he does justice to his talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

28064212 wrote: »
    Scullion ran the national half today, 1:08:46 and fourth. Mick was very impressive in London, 22nd in the world is not to be sneezed at. Real shame Pollock was injured, would have loved to see them pushing each other.

Have seen Hehir and Clohissey out running together in the Phoenix Park, great to see two of our best training together

There is a more tangible element to the placing as well as top 25 placing should get you invites in to some of the top tier marathons globally.

Looks like Laura Graham as well as a few of the other girls are Berlin bound as well along with Dunleavy who was ahead of Scullion at the weekend and has seen some decent performances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭v6e5qzawyrc3jn

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Didn't he win FD too? Not sure of the time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Strava Says- Solid, Viral issue start of the week. Good end to the week.

Advertisement