Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League 2017/18

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    What is the general consensus on this for next year? Didn't seem to generate the same interest this year. Something that is cared about heavily by all and too sacred to reconsider or something not noteworthy enough to be worth the heavy admin involved?

Please don't get rid of it now that I'm promoted! Nah but seriously I think it should stay as long as people are enjoying the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I love it! Would be very disappointed if it stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

*knocks politely on the door*

Oh hi there folks, don't mind me please. I'm just your local, friendly League 1 relegation battler.

Even though I'm consigned to roam the vast expanse of the third division for all eternity no matter whether I finish at 5k or 250k, over the past month or two I've focused on getting myself out of relegation, yeah I know it's been a whole thing. (Big news this week, I'm up to 17th on points difference. You should really check us out for some real, old school FPL)

In cold hard data League 1 has more posts than almost the other 3 divisions put together. Not sure if that's good or bad. Or certainly had a few days ago I think. Fake News!

Anyway I enjoy this, but appreciate it must be a pain in the ass to set up. The biggest problem is probably that a lot of people don't really post often or at all which I was certainly guilty of during the middle chunk of the season when everything I touch crumbled.

Wrap it up you say?

It's good fun innit, and all the cool cats are in League 1.

PS

If I get relegated then can we disregard everything I just said and burn it all to the ground :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

My first year in League 2 and I've enjoyed the competition. Spent most of the season trying to stay in the league because I don't want to go back to the Qualifying League as the standard is so high! I hope the league stays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sounds like I don’t really have a choice :) I will defo be monitoring the level of attrition this year though to establish whether it’s worth going forward beyond next year.

I’ve no issues putting the time in as long as the interest is genuinely there. Of course any help with the administrative side is always appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sounds like I don’t really have a choice :) I will defo be monitoring the level of attrition this year though to establish whether it’s worth going forward beyond next year.

I’ve no issues putting the time in as long as the interest is genuinely there. Of course any help with the administrative side is always appreciated.

Happy to help if needed hoping to be in the championship next season. I love the structure it would be great if more people got involved in the threads week to week though. I've been lucky every division I've been in has been pretty active the season I was in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

jimmii wrote: »
    Happy to help if needed hoping to be in the championship next season. I love the structure it would be great if more people got involved in the threads week to week though. I've been lucky every division I've been in has been pretty active the season I was in there.
    Same here. I was busier this year than the previosu ones so my activity on the forum dropped significantly but I'd be sad to see this comp' go. I also just realised we did not do the "zarquon charity cup" this year (or maybe you guys did, I was away for so long :o...). Living in a place where no one cares about this game, the FSA leagues are a great craic for me and always keeps me interested until the end (even if it is just a Saturday check up on my team) when I considered going on the beach early while having a mare of a season ;).

-

BTW, got a green arrow this GW despite losing. Lost by a single point to Swiper... Just because DDG could not get his 3rd save despite being early enough on 2 :rolleyes: :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Also happy to help next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

What is the general consensus on this for next year? Didn't seem to generate the same interest this year. Something that is cared about heavily by all and too sacred to reconsider or something not noteworthy enough to be worth the heavy admin involved?

I enjoyed it in league 1 this year
    Tried to post in it every week

I enjoy it and would hate to see it go

Now if 6\7 teams could drop out of championship and premier so I can get back to back to back promotions then that would be just great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

League 2 was very quiet, I didn't post so much as others didn't seem to be, but I did keep an eye on it all season. Hope to be in League 1 next season. Be disappointing to see it go but understandable as it is a lot of work. Fair play CSF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I'm the second happiest person in the premier league having finished 17th... Wipes sweat from brow... Silver lining to my worst season in 10 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I came 3rd in league 1. These leagues would be one of my favourite things about FPL. I've come through qualifying, league 2, and now hopefully league 1 in consecutive seasons. My level of posting in the league one thread would not be an indication of lack of interest. I think a certain level of attrition is to be expected in this type of thing from year to year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I came 3rd in league 1. These leagues would be one of my favourite things about FPL. I've come through qualifying, league 2, and now hopefully league 1 in consecutive seasons. My level of posting in the league one thread would not be an indication of lack of interest. I think a certain level of attrition is to be expected in this type of thing from year to year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I don't post much on it but also take a keen interest in it and would hate to see it gone. Which poster was our winner this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I don't post much on it but also take a keen interest in it and would hate to see it gone. Which poster was our winner this year.

Boots234 who had an insanely good season with a 3k finish and an LMS win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Finished with a win :D. In the end 5th place for the 5th best score. Europa League level. Not bad ;).

Feel like the league level was the lowest ever this year. I'm very surprised with getting the 5th best score of the FSA Prem' despite an average season (final OR 33,473 and spent 33 GWs in the 6 digits rankings...).

More globally I feel the game has become a lot more competitive in the last 2-3 seasons (I know there're not 6m players but definitely a lot more active ones than previously). Top 10k rankings given by several sites as an indicator of excellence (e.g. FPL discovery) should pretty much match top 100k (maybe more) now. The times were you could climb very quickly inside top50k after a couple of great GWs towards the end of the season is gone. Toa chieve that a green arrow is not enough, you need a super green arrow with monster scores at least 20-30 pts over top 10k average. Not a bad thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Boots234 who had an insanely good season with a 3k finish and an LMS win.

Ya I had a good second half of the season after a poor start, was below the 3 million mark after 6 gameweeks. Really enjoyed the Last Man Standing and got lucky in that a few times. Also kept an eye on this competition throughout the season, would hate to see it go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Congrats to Boots234 who is fast making a habit of winning everything I run (treble this year I believe?) :D

2 points of note for next year
    1) If anyone doesn't have an interest in carrying on in this next year, let me know now as it is easier for me to pass the spots down now rather than having tonnes of spot to fill after the deadline.
    2) If anyone knows of any potential to bring sponsorship prize money in, that would be great, as I definitely felt that the league was at it's most exciting when people had a cash prize to go with the status symbol. The only restriction I would have on this is that any prize breakdown would have to go from the top down, regardless of who brings in the sponsorship. It clearly doesn't make sense to have 100 euro prize for League 2, and nothing for the Premier League.

The 20 teams who've qualified for the Premier League next year are below:
    Boots234
    GLaDOS
    ronan.h
    Dearg81
    iroced
    FHFC
    AdpRo
    Benimar
    itsnotmyfault
    tom_k
    Iago
    swiper the fox
    iused2likebusts
    CSF
    Lemlin
    KevIRL
    Who_8_Paul?
    skippy15
    Scorpion Sting
    dasa29

Congrats to the 3 who've been promoted up. The next in line to go up if spaces arise are: mhaigheo, greensausage, dahat, Jeju, Easy Rod, thunderdog

Advertisement