Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very difficult notice period

Options
  • 13-08-2017 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have handed in my resignation and offered more notice than I'm required to do. Mainly as I am leaving during holiday season and I didn't want to leave them under pressure. I have a great relationship with my manager and colleagues, but as my leaving date gets closer really I'd rather just not go in on that last day as I think it's just going to be too much.
    But I don't want to be on bad terms, I don't want to be overpaid either in case it would delay my p45.

I'd appreciate any advice, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Maybe have that conversation with your manager, explain how your feeling. I've had a staff member ask in the past could she discretely finish at lunch time as she hated goodbyes etc. It wasn't a problem and the rest of the team understood when I told them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

This is generally facilitated in every job i've had. Just make sure to bring home any bits and pieces you have there in the days beforehand. Nothing worse than walking out on your last day with equivalent of walk of shame.

Also don't forget from the moment you gave notice no matter how good a relationship you have...you have left in your manager's mind. One job I left my manager took the day off as he couldn't handle ritual leaving speech! So this could actually be a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Do you have any holiday coming? Maybe take that as leave.

Advertisement