Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging on dongle

Options
  • 14-08-2017 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

I have an old dongle which was charged at 5 euro per month for the last few years as a promotion for an existing customer. I just broke it into pieces and put it in the bin, as having reviewed my bank account I see that I have been charged up to 120 euros for the last few months.

No, I don't have the sim card number and no I don't have the account number. Whatever I had is now in the bin. I can send you my name, address, and email address. You manage to email me the bill every month so I am sure you can find me.

I get my phone and bb service from eir.ie so I want this rip off dongle chip deactivated and removed from my name. OR I will cancel all my services with eir.ie.

I am really pissed off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

percy212 wrote: »
    I have an old dongle which was charged at 5 euro per month for the last few years as a promotion for an existing customer. I just broke it into pieces and put it in the bin, as having reviewed my bank account I see that I have been charged up to 120 euros for the last few months.

No, I don't have the sim card number and no I don't have the account number. Whatever I had is now in the bin. I can send you my name, address, and email address. You manage to email me the bill every month so I am sure you can find me.

I get my phone and bb service from eir.ie so I want this rip off dongle chip deactivated and removed from my name. OR I will cancel all my services with eir.ie.

I am really pissed off.
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your bill. I wouldn't be able to deactivate your dongle from here, you would need to give our cancellations department a ring on 1901 to arrange this. I would need the mobile number and PIN or the account number and PIN associated with the dongle in order to access the account and check your bill for you I'm afraid.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Im cancelling the direct debit. Go **** yourselves you shower of sly robbing bastards.
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your bill. I wouldn't be able to deactivate your dongle from here, you would need to give our cancellations department a ring on 1901 to arrange this. I would need the mobile number and PIN or the account number and PIN associated with the dongle in order to access the account and check your bill for you I'm afraid.

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

percy212 wrote: »
    Im cancelling the direct debit. Go **** yourselves you shower of sly robbing bastards.
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam
    I am very sorry to hear that. If you cancel your direct debit, charges will continue to be applied to your account.

You would need to follow the correct steps to cancel this service in order to prevent further charges being added to your account.

- Adam

Advertisement