Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killian Callaghan crowned EWS mens U21 World Champion

Options
  • 14-08-2017 8:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭

So This morning Killian Callaghan was officially announced as the 2017 Enduro World Series u21 men's world champion with a round to spare in the series.

His cousin Greg is currently 3rd in the Pro Men's category after another strong year on the EWS circuit.

Massive achievements from both men, especially considering how little support they get from the Irish authorities.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

He wasn't even technically sponsored this year. There was a go fund me for him and he secured some very late kit deals so he could compete.

Remarkable achievement for the lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Massive achievements from both men, especially considering how little support they get from the Irish authorities.

I'm pretty sure, neither of them get ANY financial support from either C.I. or the Irish Sports Council.

Wonderful achievements from the two of them.

Edit.
    I added "financial"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Great achievements by the Callaghan's for sure..

Though don't think it's very helpful to take a dig at Cycling Ireland, Enduro is a new discipline within cycling and there are people within the cycling Ireland off-road commission who do great work for mountain biking with little or no support only criticism from some corners of the off-road community.

For those who don't know, MTB Enduro was only ratified as Official Cycling Ireland Discipline in 2017 and, subject to approval, the first official National Championship will be in 2018.

The off road commision AGM is open to CI members who wish to come along and volunteer their time to help promote Enduro racing, so I am sure to see you there...

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭benneca1

We could start a whole new thread on cycling Ireland and off road. I don't agree that they do great work for off road. However this thread is about Killian so well done him and let there be no reflected glory for CI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,832 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

benneca1 wrote: »
    We could start a whole new thread on cycling Ireland and off road. I don't agree that they do great work for off road. However this thread is about Killian so well done him and let there be no reflected glory for CI.

Eh Yea..:rolleyes:

Advertisement