Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anti social teenagers

Options
  • 14-08-2017 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

we live in an area with gates on both sides and private roads inside.
    there is more than 1000 apartments in this area.

we never had major anti social issues here.
    last evening I was walking with my son and noticed a group of under 16s from opposite.
    saw they breaking something ahead, realised it was tube lights.
    they still had one more tube light in their hand.

they broke it on road after passing us and there was a toddler and mother nearby.

I saw they broke tubelights in atleast 4 more places, which is car entrances to apartment blocks.

I didn't had Garda contact number handy, will calling guards really help in these situations?
    will they really do any action?

I have to say I am a foreigner and worried abt my kids.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It is always worth having the number of your local Garda station in your phone.

While they may not be able to respond immediately to such an incident they will have a record of it. This may be useful for the Community Garda in building up a picture of trouble spots that need special attention.

If these kids were vandalising stuff & leaving broken glass on the road it would be an issue for traffic & the Gardahould probably take action.

Regardless of whether you are Irish or not - as a resident you should be able to feel safe in your community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DubIndie

It is always worth having the number of your local Garda station in your phone.

While they may not be able to respond immediately to such an incident they will have a record of it. This may be useful for the Community Garda in building up a picture of trouble spots that need special attention.

If these kids were vandalising stuff & leaving broken glass on the road it would be an issue for traffic & the Gardaould probably take action.

Regardless of whether you are Irish or not - as a resident you should be able to feel safe in your community.

thanks for the reply.

i meant, as a foreigner I am not familiar on what to do on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Ah, OK. Call the local Garda describe the situation to explain what's happening.

Gangs of kids loitering & just making noise may not be seen as a priority.

But actual damage to property or harm to people usually means action will be taken.

Advertisement