Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

People are just stuck in their ways that the Italian league is poor. They don't know the players, the stadiums aren't 100% full and they don't have the sky hype so they don't tune in. The Italian league has been far more entertaining than the English league this year. I would gladly watch Atalanta over any English team.

I find a lot of teams in Italy are quite poor now tbh. Sides like Sassuolo, Udinese, Sampdoria and Fiorentina have had some tidy teams in the past but now have little that excite me. Milan and Roma are the worst they've been for a few years. They've both done some truly appalling transfer business.
    Inter are on the long road back from a near decade of mediocity. Napoli are clearly at the end of what was a good side, most of their best players are past their best now. Atalanta have been a breath of fresh air but only highlight how badly most of the top clubs are ran. Lazio are the worst side I've seen involved in a Serie A title race for some time, the fact Celtic beat them twice was a bit embarrassing. And Juve have not looked too good under Sarri all season but will coast to a title by default.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Lazio in big trouble against Milan. 2 down and they haven't looked threatening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow Lazio player bites a Leece player in these times

****ing nuts and should be a lengthly ban

Headshot wrote: »
    wow Lazio player bits a Leece player in these times

One of the stupidest things I've seen. He needs to be banned for months.

There's the title race certainly over :(

Poor old Lazio just ran out of gas due to their small squad

Looking at the bottom this very exciting and it may all come down to Genoa V Leece on the 19th

Lazio were never in a title race, they just were the best of the rest so far. Losing to Atalanta being 2-0 up, being battered at home by a useless Milan team and tonight losing to a relegation candidate Lecce while have a player sent off for biting.
    Kinda don't want to see how their fans would inevitably embarrass them in the Champions League either.

He should go to casa pazza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

What an absolute clown. Lazio have imploded and will more than likely finish fourth at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

• Advertisement

For a useless Milan team they've come back from 2 down to be in front 3-2

After a dull first half the Milan vs Juventus match has exploded into life with 5 goals in the second half. Milan coming from 2 down to lead 3-2 after scoring 3 goals in 6 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

some comeback!

4-2 Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Awful from Sandro!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some second half.
    Only noticed last week that the Livesecore App has gotten the rights to show some La Liga and Serie A games.
    Nice option to watch a few games.

• Advertisement

That was unexpected

Milan are a fair distance off a CL spot in Serie A so not exactly a proud night for Juve. They were missing a few players but even so they look some distance from being a CL favourite, sacking Allegri and hiring Sarri really hasn't lead to this increase in performance and change of style that they were expecting.
    Must be awkward for the Maldini and Pioli to have to feign enthusiasm when Ralf Ragnick is so heavily rumoured to be coming in to take over both their roles. At least it means Milan will have less people to sack next summer if that goes bad, it has for the past 3 seasons anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Milan turning on the style the last two games to tempt Hendrick over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

ERG89 wrote: »
    Milan are a fair distance off a CL spot in Serie A so not exactly a proud night for Juve. They were missing a few players but even so they look some distance from being a CL favourite, sacking Allegri and hiring Sarri really hasn't lead to this increase in performance and change of style that they were expecting.
    Must be awkward for the Maldini and Pioli to have to feign enthusiasm when Ralf Ragnick is so heavily rumoured to be coming in to take over both their roles. At least it means Milan will have less people to sack next summer if that goes bad, it has for the past 3 seasons anyway.

Seems a done deal I thought, looks like Maldini could be on the way out as well

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/ralf-rangnick-agrees-to-become-milan-manager-for-start-of-2020-21-season

Inter must piss Conte off something fierce. Threw away 2 points, they are fine for a CL spot but he'd have wanted to see more from them before the season ends. He'll need another season to build that squad and to keep Martinez around as someone like Alexis is a poor replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Inter must piss Conte off something fierce. Threw away 2 points, they are fine for a CL spot but he'd have wanted to see more from them before the season ends. He'll need another season to build that squad and to keep Martinez around as someone like Alexis is a poor replacement.

Managed to lose the other night despite being a goal up, a man up and having a penalty (missed). There’s something rotten deep in the club and the mentality of the team, same old story of flattering to deceive and then piddling it away in the most stupid fashion possible. Could see Conte walking, what can you do when it’s so deeply ingrained?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Hopefully a great game to watch before the UFC gets underway tonight with Juve Vs Atalanta.

Lazio losing again at home, Atalanta can overtake them if they beat Juve later.

O Lazio ��. And I think Atalanta will win tonight

Jebus that was some goal

Great response from Atalanta from the Juve early pressure.

Christ that looked painful

Dybala looks by far the main threat for Juventus. Rest of the team haven't done very much.

The game has a feel of the Sheffield/Chelsea about it, Juve slow in their build up, Atalanta being allowed to get in position to defend.

Nsfw.. looked like nuts were being cracked, it seems he has none he recovered so quickly.

https://streamja.com/R3Kqk

• Advertisement

They really need to fix this stupid handball rule :/

I think without a pen we would have been waiting a while for the Juve goal. Atalanta haven't been very authoritive in the second half though.

Some power in that hit

Commentators said watch out for his left foot shot.. :rolleyes: :p

ffs what the hell is he suppose to do with that handball

The rules are disgraceful

I swear Juve's main tactic in this game is kick it up towards their hands.

Crazy stuff, fcuk me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I'm sure the idiot lawmakers to get around these penalty controversies will order footballers to amputate their arms

That tactic might work in Italy but Juve will suffer elsewhere if that's the best they can muster up.

• Advertisement

Very frustrating that they're very innocuous handball but by the interpretation of the handball that's used in Italy they're both penalties. Real shame for Atalanta.

Boy that is against the run of play so far.

Deserved equaliser, more than questionable keeping tho.

Napoli ahead. Mertens but Donnarumma could have done better even with a deflection.

I think if I open my window I will hear Gattuso shouting.

2-2, Kessie pen. This is a good game in spite of there not being a whole lot on the table.

Ends 2-2, game fell apart a bit on excitement late on despite the red card for Saelemaekers. (Thats a lot of e's)

MOTM: Gattuso for this

https://twitter.com/Paracelsus/status/1282428913461977093?s=19

Atalanta well and truly getting that 2-2 draw out of their systems.. 6-1 Vs Brescia 60 odd mins gone..

Good game between Sassuolo and Juventus. Juve got two early goals but Sassuolo have got one back and had Juve under pressure for long spells in the first half.

He'll probably score now but can anyone tell me what does Bernardeschi add to the Juventus team? He's not particularly good at shooting or at passing, he drifts out of matches, doesn't work particularly hard, he might be a good dribbler but surely Douglas Costa is a better option than him?

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    He'll probably score now but can anyone tell me what does Bernardeschi add to the Juventus team?

Spite to Fiorentina???

Spite to Fiorentina???

Just checked that Juve spent €40million on him. Geez, that's too much as an act of spite. Maybe Juve will buy Chiesa during the transfer window to try and piss Fiorentina off again.

2-2 in Sassuolo

What a free kick to equalise

Sassuolo are really a tidy team

Sassuolo 3-2

What a game

Pity that nobody was pushing Juve this year and benefitting from these results. I'd take more joy from their performances lately but they will be fine. Instead it just confirms that Sarri won't be around next season.

• Advertisement
Advertisement