Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wouldnt be surprise if Juve get a peno via a handball to win the game

ffs Sassuolo should be winning this

They play some lovely 1 to 2 passing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I wonder are Juve any bit tempted to get rid of Sarri soon as they have f**k all of a chance in Europe the way they have been set up all season. Even at his best Ronaldo can't make up when you are being given trouble by Milan and Sassuolo who aren't exactly a Man City or Bayern.

Yeah. Gasp will be hooked, I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

kksaints wrote: »
    Just checked that Juve spent €40million on him. Geez, that's too much as an act of spite. Maybe Juve will buy Chiesa during the transfer window to try and piss Fiorentina off again.

They won't piss of the Viola fans. Most think he's been awful this season and that his head has been turned.

Huge match tomorrow.

Genoa V Lecce

That is so unlucky by Lecce with that own goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Pioli given a 2 year deal and the Rangnick deal has been cancelled now. Seems they'll have to pay Rangnick compensation for breaking the contract as well

Id be shocked if Sarri stays on for next season

Its a pity the other teams fell away because Juve have been there for the taking this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Headshot wrote: »
    Id be shocked if Sarri stays on for next season

Its a pity the other teams fell away because Juve have been there for the taking this season

zizou or poch apparently.

they've been poor recently. 5 from 15.

atalanta's form has been quite obscene! 15 wins and 3 draws in last 18 in serie a. outscored juve by 23 so far.

• Advertisement

Juve would have won the league had they beaten Udinese. But they wouldn't have won the league if they were in an intense title race not a jokeshop title race with competition being the likes of Lazio.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Juve would have won the league had they beaten Udinese. But they wouldn't have won the league if they were in an intense title race not a jokeshop title race with competition being the likes of Lazio.

And especially Inter. If they had any kind of winner mentality at that club they would be champion by now.

With no Romagnoli, Bennacer and Theo Hernandez I don't fancy Milan here at all, especially given that Gabbia(who?), Biglia and Laxalt are coming in for them

Well that match was a big let down

very poor stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Yeah.

Wish Juve get some spirited competition next year.

They all seem to slow down as soon as they get to close to the 1st.

Even before that match I wouldn't expect Juve to loose it this season, but to have a bit of breath on their back could help. Just to show them it isn't guaranteed.

Inter should win their game against Genoa easily, give the overall league standing the whole "look how close that league is" only to achieve nothing else than being close again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Yeah, 2nd half was very poor. Atalanta look like they're slowing down a bit the last three matches they've played.

Damn what a second goal by Parma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Sassuolo have had four goals disallowed for offside against Napoli and are losing 1-0 with 70 minutes gone.

Juve look to be winning their 9th consecutive Serie A title tonight. I'm sure some people have found the title race interesting but they likely haven't been the ones watching it.

Immobile is 2 behind Higuain's goalscoring record (36) with 2 games left, next is a useless Brescia side and Lazio's last game is Napoli ironically enough.

• Advertisement

I watched the Lecce match day, now that was a thriller. Really hard luck on Lecce at least not getting a draw out of it

Immobile has tied the goalscoring record at 36 goals with a half left. Hope he beats it now. A much changed Juve losing (again) vs Roma; even Kalanic has scored against them. That is 42 conceded this season, think they have the worst defensive record of league winners in decades.

Immobile has tied the goalscoring record at 36 goals with a half left. Hope he beats it now. A much changed Juve losing (again) vs Roma; even Kalanic has scored against them. That is 42 conceded this season, think they have the worst defensive record of league winners in decades.

Yeah, what does it say about the rest of the clubs that are behind them? And Toro to stay up by about one point. Yippee 😞

Going to be a very exciting relegation decider tomorrow night.

Lecce V Parma
    Genoa V Verona

Personally id like to see Genoa stay up something in the back of my mind says Lecce could this

I think the Lecce match could be the most entertaining

Lecce match was full of goals

Juve are in big big trouble

I'd go as far to say Sarri has around 80mins to save his job

• Advertisement

I wonder are Juve any bit tempted to get rid of Sarri soon as they have f**k all of a chance in Europe the way they have been set up all season. Even at his best Ronaldo can't make up when you are being given trouble by Milan and Sassuolo who aren't exactly a Man City or Bayern.

3 weeks ago I wrote this thinking that City would have schooled them but they fall at the first (and shortest) hurdle. Up to Atalanta to fly the Italian flag, pity they are without Ilicic who scored a hattrick against Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poch to Juve makes the most sense imo. Doesn't look like there is a PL top 6 vacancy for him, even though I'd love him at United.

He ticks a lot of boxes for Juventus. Young and hungry, his teams play good football, believes in youth which their aging team needs, has reached a CL final...

Tuchel might be another option too, depending on how events go with PSG.

Feel for Sarri in a way because he's been unloved at his last two clubs despite achieving minimum objectives, but he doesn't look a comfortable fit at an elite outfit.

Well, he's gone.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1292081410027773952

They didn't mess about with that, anyway. Poch is seemingly the favourite to replace him. He'd be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Conte back if things don’t improve with Inter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Poch to Juve makes the most sense imo. Doesn't look like there is a PL top 6 vacancy for him, even though I'd love him at United.

He ticks a lot of boxes for Juventus. Young and hungry, his teams play good football, believes in youth which their aging team needs, has reached a CL final...

Tuchel might be another option too, depending on how events go with PSG.

Feel for Sarri in a way because he's been unloved at his last two clubs despite achieving minimum objectives, but he doesn't look a comfortable fit at an elite outfit.

Juventus have no money to get new players.

It isnt a job that appealing. They are obsessed with winning the CL & if Inter overtook them next season which may happen whoever is in charge will be a huge failure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Well, he's gone.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1292081410027773952

They didn't mess about with that, anyway. Poch is seemingly the favourite to replace him. He'd be my choice.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/1292161412379357186?s=19

Didn't see that one coming.

Ballsy appointment for sure. Wonder how Ronaldo will feel about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I guess they are hoping for the Zidane effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Madness, when he was appointed to the U23s I thought he'd be promoted a couple of years down the line, this seems like a panic move, otherwise why appoint him to the U23s at all if this was the plan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Weird for Pirlo to be managing Ronaldo.

I think Juve will struggle next year

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/its-the-bandinis-2020-the-complete-review-of-serie-as-2019-20-season

A link above to Nikki Bandini's review of the season, some great youtube clips included and a good read.

Barca tearing Napoli assunder, thought the opener was a foul but Napoli have been woeful at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

pm1977x wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/07/its-the-bandinis-2020-the-complete-review-of-serie-as-2019-20-season

A link above to Nikki Bandini's review of the season, some great youtube clips included and a good read.
    Really enjoyed that, a good read and reminded of a few things I had forgotten. I do wonder if that Gagliardini miss against Sassuolo would have actually made the difference for Inter, probably would have found somewhere else to bottle it or Juve would have put in a bit more effort.

dor83 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that, a good read and reminded of a few things I had forgotten. I do wonder if that Gagliardini miss against Sassuolo would have actually made the difference for Inter, probably would have found somewhere else to bottle it or Juve would have put in a bit more effort.

Exactly what I thought, but I too reached the same conclusion, still a horror miss though.

Exactly what I thought, but I too reached the same conclusion, still a horror miss though.

Yeah it was, but there was a lot more wrong in that game than just his miss, most of the games around that time involved very poor periods for Inter and that whole spell cost Inter more than the losses to Juve and Lazio before the break. Having said all that, I would have been happy with finishing 2nd at the start of the season so I shouldn't complain really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Just watching Golazzo story on BT.

God if forgotten how much fun C4 covered he was back then. I’d also forgotten how strong that league was back then. Stronger then any league nowadays and pretty much all superstars in one league.

I was hoping they would show some of my favourite highlights, including a doggie game that ended 4-4, think it was like 4-1 with 20 mins to go and some lad came off the bench to get a hatrick. “ if any other team did it you wouldn’t believe it. If you followed Foggiw, you’d expect nothing less” classic...

Also seemed way more meaningful to fans that the overly marketed , soulless EPL now represents. I really loved football back then, just isn’t the same anymore.

Inter looked like they were going to blow Leverkusen away by half time last night but then literally limped over the line with Sanchez injured but all subs used and Lukaku in obvious pain but playing on anyway, he was unplayable at times. Will be interesting to see how they do against Shaktar Donetsk in the semi.

Making the quarters one legged was a massive boost to my interest as a viewer and the intensity of the game was unreal at times, I know they won’t but they should consider dropping the two legged approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

Making the quarters one legged was a massive boost to my interest as a viewer and the intensity of the game was unreal at times, I know they won’t but they should consider dropping the two legged approach.

I was thinking that myself, it would be great if they could do this whole mini tournament every year, it'd definitely make me more interested in the other matches.

Conte looks like getting ready to walk out at Inter. With Allegri favourite to follow!!

Sarri must be getting excited for 2023 at Inter :pac:

Why is Conte ready to walk, not getting the transfers he wants?

Headshot wrote: »
    Why is Conte ready to walk, not getting the transfers he wants?

Apparently a trust matter within the club. The breaking point came:

He was sent a letter in post with a bullet, address to him at the club. He wanted nothing said, not to frighten anyone, and somehow his family got to hear about it. he said it could only come from in the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

What the feck are Inter at, thought that was wrapped up in a bow, does Conte not want him?

• Advertisement

Conte doesn't do forward plans. He wants the instant product. I guess he knows he would be gone long before Tonali hits prime years.

Advertisement