Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Great header from Ibrahimovic to put Milan ahead at Napoli. Beat Koulibaly to it.

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1330604755316563978

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

Good young team behind him but if Zlatan spearheads Milan to a Scudetto this season at his age it'll be one of the best individual feats of modern football.

What an absolute phenomenon career he's had.

And a 2nd, that should be game.

Incredible what he's doing at 39.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Maybe I'm being mean but I think it would be hilarious to see them get a clean sheet for Boneras first game in charge

Mertens pulls one back to make a game of it.

Well, maybe not. Bakayoko sent off.

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being mean but I think it would be hilarious to see them get a clean sheet for Boneras first game in charge

Jinxed it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Zlatan even after not playing in the International break gets injured, yet another soft tissue injury. Big blow to Milan that if that is as serious as it looked.

Hopefully it won't keep him out long.

Table is looking exciting. Great to see Sassuolo still going strong.

Good to see a side actually earning their 3 points again Napoli this year.

• Advertisement

Juve creeping back up. Would rather 6 teams being a point behind Milan than having them 4 behind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Certainly is. Top eight separated by only 6 points. Roma were quite impressive today. Mkhitariyan scored a cracking volley for their second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

kksaints wrote: »
    Certainly is. Top eight separated by only 6 points. Roma were quite impressive today. Mkhitariyan scored a cracking volley for their second.

Roma have been impressive but can’t see them maintaining a title challenge. Similar for Sassuolo. I think it will be a three horse race between the Milan’s and Juve, with Milan dropping off first. Maybe Lazio might get a run, think it will depend on how they fair in the champions league with the squad they have. Interesting season for sure.

kksaints wrote: »

Ps, super goals by Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Lovely goal from Gagliardini to put Inter 3-0 up against Sassuolo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some game in Italy at the moment

Lazio 1-3 Udinese

Quit doing this Milan, I'm half getting my hopes up.

Mind the gap, Milan showing they can do it sans Zlatan.

Low key been the most in form team in europe since June. Their post lockdown league record if they win today is is 16 wins 5 draws 0 loses.

TheadoreT wrote: »
    Mind the gap, Milan showing they can do it sans Zlatan.

Low key been the most in form team in europe since June. Their post lockdown league record if they win today is is 16 wins 5 draws 0 loses.

The San Siro is already half falling apart so I say condemn it and keep the fans out forever.
    We've been unstoppable since lockdown

• Advertisement

Surprised Saelemaekers hasnt made Belgiums nation leagues squads when scrubbers like Nacer Chadli still gets in.

Juve being accused of helping Suarez cheat on an Italian language exam to get an EU passport.

Good auld Juve

Milan blessed with that late Ekdal miss. But win 2-1. Squad is fairly threadbare at the moment with a few injuries.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Milan blessed with that late Ekdal miss. But win 2-1. Squad is fairly threadbare at the moment with a few injuries.

Title wins are full of those flukey moments so hopefully it's a good sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Balotelli signs for Serie B side Monza.

Balotelli signs for Serie B side Monza.

When will clubs learn

• Advertisement

My God Fiorentina are dreadful, I think they are going to have a long hard season fighting for survival

Had a look at Sassuolo vs Benevento which the home side won 1-0. They were on top until they went down to ten men and then Benevento were all over them. They had 30 shots in total but couldn't score. Consigli made some good saves and they also hit the crossbar. It puts Sassuolo second for the moment. I like watching Locatelli. He doesn't tend to get ruffled when under pressure and he moves the ball well.

What a superb, superb goal by Cagliari. The technique was glorious and has to be up there with the goal of the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fine goal, Inter were so on top, you just knew the sucker punch was coming.
    Inter should bag a couple of second half goals though, even Sanchez looks sharp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Barella with a bullet of a shot to equalise. Could go either way in last 15.

• Advertisement

Lukaku wraps it up for 1-3 win.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1338436315197607937?s=19

The sad thing about these underdog stories is they often resort to big ego's and the butting of heads. Talk of a move to the MLS with this too, what a f**king waste that would be.

Atalanta play Juve on Wednesday at 5:30pm as Inter face Napoli the same night at 7:45pm

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1338436315197607937?s=19

The sad thing about these underdog stories is they often resort to big ego's and the butting of heads. Talk of a move to the MLS with this too, what a f**king waste that would be.

Atalanta play Juve on Wednesday at 5:30pm as Inter face Napoli the same night at 7:45pm

Would be a great signing for so many big teams, surly Milan would go in for him?

Lot of little errors in Juve-Atalanta so far. Zapata had a good chance blocked & Morata made a mess of a chance too but I think he was offside earlier in the play. Gomez is on the bench for the away side.

What a dive by Chiesa

Absolutely disgraceful it's a peno

****ing justice,

Juve spent about 2 minutes diving there and ending up with a penalty. Ronaldo's penalty is saved thankfully.

Very interested league at the moment, seems to be wide open.

Inter won tonight and are just 1 point behind the leaders Milan

Big win for Inter. No European distractions for Conte could prove important. He pretty much has to win it this season or his spell gets branded a failure.

https://twitter.com/AmauryGnclvs_/status/1340660387860123648?s=19

Milan with a pure FIFA amateur level goal

• Advertisement

Fastest goal ever in Serie A, fair play.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Fastest goal ever in Serie A, fair play.

Good to see Milan finally starting to break records for the right reasons again

WOW my word what a ****ing goal by Ilicic

Some turn around by Atlanta

Leao's goal the fastest ever in any of the top 5 leagues apparently. Shane Long is 4th on the list. Milan doing very well. I expected them to drop points without Ibra and Rebic around but they're digging out results. They're playing Lazio on Wednesday which should be a good contest.

Fiorentina 1-0 up against 10 man Juve who are screaming and hollering their way to try even up the numbers. Even with 10 men they have most of the ball in the second half as Fiorentina aren't particularly good.

Not been a good couple of days for Juve. Turns out they do have to play Napoli in that game that got awarded to them and Suarez admitted he got those Italian test scores too in the most Juve move ever.

2-0. Juve could have had a pen but I think looking for 3 in the half so far hasn't helped them.

Ends 3-0. A pretty bad night for Juve, kinda surprised they were undefeated this long in Serie A this season.

Leao's goal the fastest ever in any of the top 5 leagues .

Ref said if he'd been paying attention it should be disallowed

Inter beat Hellas to go top for the time being as Milan about to host Lazio. Ibrahimovic is still out as are Bennacer & Kessie the latter through suspension.

Milan up 2-0. I don't know how that penalty was given though.

Laughable penalty for Lazio and Alberto nods in the rebound. So hard to take Italy serious with such bad officiating

Milan up 2-0. I don't know how that penalty was given though.

Laughable penalty for Lazio and Alberto nods in the rebound. So hard to take Italy serious with such bad officiating

VAR showing again that it solves nothing

• Advertisement

2-2. I genuinely think I'm a better player than Krunic but they've nobody else to play there. Saelaemakers & Leao have been totally ineffective too.

Astonished that at 2-2 Inzaghi took off Immobile & Milinkovic-Savic against a clearly tired Milan. Saying that Lazio look a bit tired now.

Inzaghi probably cost Lazio 3 points never mind 2

Advertisement