Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Lazio really let Milan take back the momentum at the end there and really paid for it. Maldini coming on made a huge difference : )

Milan fortunate to get 3 points though but winter champions they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Theo is fast becoming one of the top left backs around, not just his goals but his general play has improved expeditiously.

Buon Natale Tifosi!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭TheadoreT

https://www.trollfootball.me/news/view/serie-a-2020-calendar-year-table

Look how dominant Milan have been in 2020 and yet most people are sleeping on the best young team in Europe. Seen The Guardian released a best 100 players in 2020 and Zlatan was the only Milan representative despite being out for the bulk of this season. Just lazy journalism, they'll probably wake up to them by 2022.

Good 2nd half reaction from Inter. Pressure on AC who travel to face Pippo's Bennevento this evening.

Milan sides setting a good pace out front though, low key hopeful of a change in champion this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Lautaro and Lukaku were so good. Surprised Sassuolo were so poor against Atalanta.

Loved Zaccagni's biciycle kick winner for Verona. Always nice to see a well executed technique. It's here from about 3:06:

Be interesting to see who signs Papu Gomez, seems himself and Gasperini's relationship has completely fallen apart and all the top sides are linked with him.

I think I'd have snapped your hands off to sign him at Milan in previous seasons but the dynamic is so good right now that bringing in a difficult character could upset things.

Inter seem to be making the loudest noises about signing him.

TheadoreT wrote: »
    Be interesting to see who signs Papu Gomez, seems himself and Gasperini's relationship has completely fallen apart and all the top sides are linked with him.

I think I'd have snapped your hands off to sign him at Milan in previous seasons but the dynamic is so good right now that bringing in a difficult character could upset things.

Inter seem to be making the loudest noises about signing him.

Apparently Juve if Bernardeschi goes, which I think he needs to for his own sake.

Really looking forward to the Juve Milan game, potential to be a cracker.

I predict a draw and a win for Sampdoria

• Advertisement

I predict a draw and a win for Sampdoria

Well on track for that with Inter getting beaten right now.

Tonight's match is massive, psychologically more than anything. Juventus win and it feels like a massive title swing with Inter (likely now) and Milan losing on same matchday.

Any sort of result for Milan would pretty much keep Juve at a manageable distance, especially with Zlatan coming back soon.

Terrible result for inter in the day that’s in it.

Yeah, missed opportunity for Inter. That eases some of the pressure on Milan now.

Yeah, missed opportunity for Inter. That eases some of the pressure on Milan now.

I don't know. Keeping Juve down tonight is still the most important part of a win tonight

Wonder if Rafa Leão makes the Euros in the summer, Ronaldo would probably have a decent say in these things so a performance tonight against him could seal his place. Portugal have crazy options up top now.

And now Napoli throw it

Is the Milan game not on TV ?

Edit: ignore me it's on Premier as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You'd have to fancy Juve with that Milan team out

Absolutely superb Juve Goal

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Absolutely superb Juve Goal

Dybala is such a talented little pain in the arse

Milan probably unlucky to be behind here, Çalhanoğlu and Kessie pretty dominant in midfield.

There it is booommmmm

There it is booommmmm

Very surprised that not got called back

Milan probably unlucky to be behind here, Çalhanoğlu and Kessie pretty dominant in midfield.

Chesney Hauge having a fine game too

Very surprised that not got called back

Look at it from the wider angle he had already passed it to a Milan player

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Look at it from the wider angle he had already passed it to a Milan player

But it's Juve

Bah, on the ropes now.

Downside to having so many players missing, not much quality apart from Diaz on the bench to strengthen

The bench won it for Juve, Milan players looked exhausted the last 20. What a talent Chiesa is.

• Advertisement

Dimarco's volley goal was superb. The GOTS contenders at the end of the campaign will be very strong. Looking very close at the top. Roma vs Inter and Juve vs Sassuolo should be good.

Dimarco's volley goal was superb. The GOTS contenders at the end of the campaign will be very strong. Looking very close at the top. Roma vs Inter and Juve vs Sassuolo should be good.

It would be so much more fun though if Juve could be taken out

Unbeaten run had to come to an end at some point, just a shame it was Juve. Still apparently Szczesny made more saves in the game than any other in his Juve career so it was reasonable effort from Milan all things considered.

Milan face four of the bottom six in next 5 games so hopefully can consolidate their lead. Tricky Atalanta thrown in there too who can be anything on their day.

But everything got a whole lot tighter after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Argh Premier Sports are taking the piss tonight with the rugby. They could surely put the Milan vs Torino game on Free Sports?

Potential banana skin for Milan after exerting so much midweek. But a bit more structure back in the side with Tonali back from suspension and Calabria back in his normal position.

Hoping Belotti has an off night, not sure how hes still at Torino.

Not the best performance but a win is a win. Pressure on chasers tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Ilicic was on fire from the highlights I saw. Such a fun player to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭adaminho

adaminho wrote: »

hmmm

Im quite happy with Premier sports at the moment :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Headshot wrote: »
    hmmm

Im quite happy with Premier sports at the moment :(

I think they're looking to buy the Italian broadcast rights, same as they already have the rights to a game every Wednesday night in the CL there, don't think it'll change anything for Irish viewers yet.

dor83 wrote: »
    I think they're looking to buy the Italian broadcast rights, same as they already have the rights to a game every Wednesday night in the CL there, don't think it'll change anything for Irish viewers yet.

Serie A could do with a nice paycheck if one is on offer from Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Serie A could do with a nice paycheck if one is on offer from Amazon

It's not a huge jump from the current deal, the new deal is reported to be worth €1.15B per season which is up from €973M in the last deal. While I'm happy enough with Premier Sports at the moment I'd probably just subscribe to Italian Prime if they got it like it used to be with the PL games on UK Prime before Brexit and maybe get every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Premier Sports offer a great service with their coverage but every now and again they just don't show a match for whatever mad reason. Would love to have pundits or a proper review show where people talk about the league but I'm under no illusions that it will happen anytime soon.

Premier Sports offer a great service with their coverage but every now and again they just don't show a match for whatever mad reason. Would love to have pundits or a proper review show where people talk about the league but I'm under no illusions that it will happen anytime soon.

Could we petition Amazon to bring Jimbo on board

Could we petition Amazon to bring Jimbo on board

How good would that be. And James Horncastle.

Just bring back Gazette!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Any station showing the Rome derby tonight?

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Any station showing the Rome derby tonight?

Handy site to know what broadcaster is showing matches

https://liveonsat.com/2day.php

Premier Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Very entertaining first half of Rome derby. Lazio 2-0 up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Very open game but I'll be surprised if theres not a red, 4 first half yellows.

Some win for lazio last night. Roma were very poor has to be said. Bologna get an important win too. Think Orsolini should move on soon, he's a decent player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Some win for lazio last night. Roma were very poor has to be said. Bologna get an important win too. Think Orsolini should move on soon, he's a decent player.

Yep Orsolini looks to have something about him alright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement