Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I thought Eriksen might if did enough to get started ahead of Vidal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

justshane wrote: »
    I thought Eriksen might if did enough to get started ahead of Vidal.

Yeah but I don't think Conte would have the same faith in him as he does in Vidal, I think he sees Eriksen as a back up for Brozo more than anything else now.

Juve leading 2-1 with 2 goals from Ronaldo, stupid defending from Young giving away a needless penalty for the first and then Handa and Bastoni gifting Ronaldo his 2nd. Buffon probably should have stopped the shot from Maryinez too so it's been that kind of game. I'd take Young and Brozo off and put on Kolarov or Perisic and Eriksen on, it says a lot about how bad I think Young has been when I want to see Kolarov or Perisic on for him.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah but I don't think Conte would have the same faith in him as he does in Vidal, I think he sees Eriksen as a back up for Brozo more than anything else now.

Juve are doing a job on Inter by man marking Brozo, normally dictates games like these. Very rare to see Handovic make an error.

Juve are doing a job on Inter by man marking Brozo, normally dictates games like these. Very rare to see Handovic make an error.
    Yeah they've kept him out of the game very well, that's why I think bringing on Eriksen might be a good idea. Not just Handa in fairness, Bastoni saw him coming out so should have just hoofed the ball out to be safe.

dor83 wrote: »
    Yeah they've kept him out of the game very well, that's why I think bringing on Eriksen might be a good idea. Not just Handa in fairness, Bastoni saw him coming out so should have just hoofed the ball out to be safe.

Don’t know if he’s as confident on his right side, he’s very left footed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sanchez has been awful, dire performance

Don’t know if he’s as confident on his right side, he’s very left footed.
    Yeah but it couldn't have ended up much worse.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Sanchez has been awful, dire performance
    I didn't think he was that bad, no worse than Martinez really and at least he was trying.

I didn't think it was too bad of a performance, apart from the stupid mistakes that gave away the goals obviously, Sanchez, Darmian and Eriksen all had really good chances but it's typical Inter to waste chances like that. I just hope Lukaku doesn't get an injury this season, him missing for a long time and Inter could end up in a fight for top 4.

Inter never laid a pumch in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Wonder if Juve are kicking in to gear now. Looking forward to their game with Roma at the weekend. Hopefully there’ll be a couple of teams in contention at the business end of the season.

• Advertisement

505_ wrote: »
    Wonder if Juve are kicking in to gear now. Looking forward to their game with Roma at the weekend. Hopefully there’ll be a couple of teams in contention at the business end of the season.

They weren't great against Inter the other night, they were gifted two goals by stupid defending, the cross was going out on the pen that Young gave away and the mess up for the 2nd was utter stupidity. I'm not saying that Inter are a better team but Juve were far from at their best. I fully expect Juve to go on and win the scudetto but like last season it will be a missed opportunity if for the other teams if they do.

This weekends fixtures below, only one match not on TV from this round:

Tonight
    Fiorentina-Inter (Premier Sports 2 @ 19:45)

Tomorrow
    Sassuolo-Spezia (@ 14:00)
    Atalanta-Torino (Premier Sports 2 @ 14:00)
    Juventus-Roma (Premier Sports 1 @ 17:00)
    Genoa-Napoli (Premier Sports 1 @ 19:45)

Sunday
    Benevento-Sampdoria (Premier Sports 1 @ 11:30)
    Milan-Crotone (Premier Sports 1 @ 14:00)
    Udinese-Verona (Premier Sports 2 @ 14:00)
    Parma-Bologna (Premier Sports 1 @ 17:00)
    Lazio-Cagliari (Premier Sports 2 @ 19:45)

Line-ups for Fiorentina-Inter are:

Fiorentina: Dragowski; Quarta, Pezzella, Igor; Venuti, Bonaventura, Amrabat, Borja Valero, Biraghi; Eysseric, Vlahovic

Inter: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Vidal, Perisic; Sanchez, Lukaku

God I love Premier Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

The 7 best teams occupy the top 7 spots. You could argue Serie A is the best league in the world right now. The top 1 or 2 may not have the quality of the other leagues, but the dept of very good teams is strong. And that's not counting Fiorintina and grand Torino

Nice goal for Barella yesterday in a good win for Inter. Looking forward to Juventus Roma this evening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Atalanta with 3 in 8 first half minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2 goals in first half injury time make it 3-2

7 shots on target, 5 goals

3-3. Maybe we turn a corner!

Great finish by Ronaldo there

• Advertisement

I've a really strong dislike for Chiesa due the dives and going down far to easy

It feels like if you breath on him he yell out in agony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Can't believe Atalanta found a way to draw. You never know what you're going to get with them.

Napoli taking them selfs from the running now

Can't believe Atalanta found a way to lose. You never know what you're going to get with them.

They drew.
    They lost 2 points though from being 3 up.

Bad result for Napoli. Pandev still scoring big goals at 37!

Poor old Parma are in big trouble this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Very hard to find any real gaps in the league so far.
    Probably the top 3 for the scudetto and top 7 for the Champions league. Probably a fight between the bottom 4 for relegation but even the few abouve need to watch the form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Poor old Parma are in big trouble this season

They have been absolutely dreadful. Their handling of this season off the pitch has been shambolic at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just listening to one of the pods and they were saying Lazio have signed Mussolini’s great grandson and he plays on the right wing.

Great stuff, well done Napoli

Great stuff, well done Napoli

Delighted

• Advertisement

Deserved by Spezia

Milan have been awful and had a great chance to put some space between them and Juve

Just cannot see them winning the league and it's up to Inter now

Deserved by Spezia

Milan have been awful and had a great chance to put some space between them and Juve

Just cannot see them winning the league and it's up to Inter now

Just seems inevitable that they would mess up after Juve losing. What's the chances inter lose tomorrow too

Let's see Lazio win tomorrow also, and today the results count for nothing. Toro got another point though ðŸ˜

Wow shocked at that Spezia result. Great chance for Inter, but like others I wouldn't be surprised if they squander it.

Line-ups for Inter v Lazio:

Inter: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Bastoni; Hakimi, Barella, Brozovic, Eriksen, Perisic; Lautaro Martinez, R Lukaku

Lazio: Reina; Patric, Acerbi, Radu; Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Luis Alberto, Marusic; Correa, Immobile

Lazio are in great form and it'd be typical of Inter to drop points when there's an opportunity to go top.

Inter getting a helping hand from the ref.

thought it was a peno myself

Really entertaining game at the moment

Being an Inter fan I'm obviously biased but I thought it was a pen, the touch didn't change the path of the ball at all so if he hadn't taken Martinez down he would still have been in on goal. I can still see Lazio getting a goal or two, would be typical of Inter to throw it away now.

Looks like the Serpenti will be top going into the derby.

Unless I have hopefully jinxed them now

wow we have a game on now

Great stuff

• Advertisement

what a game 3-1 inter

unreal counter attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

what a game 3-1 inter

unreal counter attack

The pace and power of Lukaku in that move!

The pace and power of Lukaku in that move!

I think he's the best striker in Europe at the moment

Great result for Inter. Sets up the Milan derby beautifully.
    I think he's the best striker in Europe at the moment

He doesn't get enough credit. I remember someone in another thread a few months ago being surprised when I said he was world class. There are very few strikers better than him right now. I think a lot of fans who don't watch Serie A are still judging him negatively for leading a United team that was very lacking in creativity at the time.

Great result for Inter. Sets up the Milan derby beautifully.

He doesn't get enough credit. I remember someone in another thread a few months ago being surprised when I said he was world class. There are very few strikers better than him right now. I think a lot of fans who don't watch Serie A are still judging him negatively for leading a United team that was very lacking in creativity at the time.

And a manager who didnt have a ****ing clue what to do with him :/

His move to Inter has made him into such a better player and one of his biggest criticisms was his first touch and hold up play but you watch him in Serie A and he has dispeled all of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Juve the next team to be in Amazon's All or Nothing they have been filming this season.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/cristiano-ronaldos-juventus-amazon-all-or-nothing-doc-series-1234695343/

Juve the next team to be in Amazon's All or Nothing they have been filming this season.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/cristiano-ronaldos-juventus-amazon-all-or-nothing-doc-series-1234695343/

I hope they are not filming right now

Potential huge game Cagliari tonight

Cagliari v Torino @ 19:45
    18th v 17th in the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Anyone know why the Fiorentina match is now not being shown even though they had it on the planner?

• Advertisement

Anyone know why the Fiorentina match is now not being shown even though they had it on the planner?

It seems like they are showing Pro14 matches tonight from 7pm so aren't showing anything here, don't know why they can't just show the Serie A matches live here like they do with the EPL matches they have.

Advertisement