Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Udinese looking more than happy to go home with a 0-0 draw tonight. Still no goals at the San Siro and barely a real chance of one

Udinese are a horrible side to watch. Fiorentina vs Roma game is fairly poor have to say also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Udinese should've been 1 up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Even with with Hakan and Bennacar out Milan's best area is still easily the midfield

1 point not nearly good enough for Milan.
    Leao has been terrible recently and hopefully they just go with Rebic and a load of running midfielders in attack after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Equaliser for Milan with the last kick of the game from a penalty. What the Udinese defender was doing for the handball I don't know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hope Inter can go 6 points clear. Cagliari showing signs of life at the other end of the table.

Caught the highlights of Sassuolo/Napoli. That was great fun.

Just seen the highlights of the Milan game. That penalty was proper dodgy. Almost like Stryger Larsen is playing volleyball the way he swipes at it.

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1367231120010575875

Job done for Inter tonight. Enjoyed that Lukaku assist for Sanchez's second. What a season he's having.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Milan punching above their weight considering their squad and team. Reputation and history carrying them at the moment, the weight of expectation, so they just about continue to perform above their station. A Napoli or Roma in their position would of wilted long ago.

They've a good foundation to build off though. They'll be back at Europe's elite soon enough, Inter now have money so Milan will magically find the funds to compete.

Inter have 18 titles, 14 really though. Bar 2010, 4 titles handed to them from 05-09. Still, Milan will pay whatever cost to keep up if Inter get 19. Champions League needs (AC) Milan back. Far poorer place without them

Milan punching above their weight considering their squad and team. Reputation and history carrying them at the moment, the weight of expectation, so they just about continue to perform above their station. A Napoli or Roma in their position would of wilted long ago.

They've a good foundation to build off though. They'll be back at Europe's elite soon enough, Inter now have money so Milan will magically find the funds to compete.

Inter have 18 titles, 14 really though. Bar 2010, 4 titles handed to them from 05-09. Still, Milan will pay whatever cost to keep up if Inter get 19. Champions League needs (AC) Milan back. Far poorer place without them

So much of this is wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Lazio vs Juve is now on Free Sports after. I'm nearly certain it was on the guide for Premier Sports 1 earlier this week.

We have some game on our hands now

Lazio 1 up and very much deserved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Lazio 1 up after 15 mins, deservedly so. Juve not at the races so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Demiral lol, got completely rinsed. Kulusevski also at fault big time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Could have been a handball and a pen.

What an absolute belter, cracker!!

• Advertisement

Great first half of football. No idea how there are no cards yet.

Talk about end to end!! Great finish by Morata.

And a Pen now aswell for Juve, 3-1 Morata again

Some collapse by Lazio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Headshot wrote: »
    Some collapse by Lazio

They just don't have the depth to compete with other teams at this stage of the season.

That said, I don't really think this is a collapse. They were doing well the first half and then got caught a few times.

• Advertisement

Bring on Inter and Atalanta.

Some exciting results near the foot of the table. Torino look in a lot of trouble and their fixtures don't seem kind.

I think we'll be ok. Playing better now, and a bit screwed yesterday

So much of this is wrong

How so? This is a decent Milan team but far from being where they once were. Inter pulling ahead will prompt them into action. Whatever about Juve being ahead, they were always ahead domestically. Inter going ahead will hurt. Last time Inter went ahead Milan gave a huge push to win the league. Inter winning the title, particularly beating them to open a gap, will hurt. Infact, it's the kick up the hole Milan needed.

And yes, Inter were handed a title that was never their's, and were left with no competition. At least 4 tainted titles to their name. Under Mourinho, they would of won the title regardless of the competition though in fairness. If Inter win the title, there will be big investment in Milan, just wait and see. Milan see Inter as a smaller team in their shadow, they won't tolerate Inter having more titles

Inter take the lead early in the second half.

Crucial win for Inter. Got the job done without been too impressive. Not sure why VAR didn't take get the ref to take a look at Bastoni holding at the corner, looked fairly blatant pulling of the Atalanta attacker.

Some exciting results near the foot of the table. Torino look in a lot of trouble and their fixtures don't seem kind.

Getting badly hit by Covid-19 hasn't helped them at all. Pity because they were unbeaten in six beforehand. Only takes one win to put pressure on the likes of Benevento, Spezia and Fiorentina though. Wouldn't be surprised to see Benevento get dragged back into the bottom three. No wins in ten and that isn't a strong squad. Big match for them next weekend against Fiorentina. Looks like Crotone and Parma are going down anyway.

Demiral for Juve was always a disaster waiting to happening

Guys do we think Pirlo position has become untenable?

I think he'll last the season but will be gone in the summer

Only a scudetto can save him. Should go back to managing grapevines I reckon

• Advertisement

I'd tend to agree with that. Even a surprise run to the title wouldn't be enough. Squad needs a bit of a rebuild. Lots of expensive midfielders who aren't doing enough, Ronaldo was very poor tonight and does look in decline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I think they'll be realising how big of a mistake getting rid of Allegri was when they had no intention of properly committing to Sarriball. The problem is who do they bring in if they sack Pirlo?

dor83 wrote: »
    I think they'll be realising how big of a mistake getting rid of Allegri was when they had no intention of properly committing to Sarriball. The problem is who do they bring in if they sack Pirlo?

Wonder would they go back for Allegri

Hard to think of many free agents apart from him. Wonder would they chance someone like Simone Inzaghi maybe.

Wouldn't be a bad option for them, he did get them to 2 CL finals.

kksaints wrote: »
    Hard to think of many free agents apart from him. Wonder would they chance someone like Simone Inzaghi maybe.

That would be really interesting appointment and I feel Inzaghi deserves that top job for the work he's done at Lazio

Or Pippo

That would be really interesting appointment and I feel Inzaghi deserves that top job for the work he's done at Lazio
    He has done a great job but I'm not sure their fans would be overly happy with him, not a former player and not won much. Maybe they'ed be happy with him if they don't win the Scudetto this year because that would be the focus next season.

Maybe they could go for someone like Nagelsmann? or even try to tempt Diego Simeone but he'd be difficult to get.

Or Pippo

Maybe if they get relegated to Serie B again and they need someone to get them promoted.

• Advertisement

How about Zidane

I'd tend to agree with that. Even a surprise run to the title wouldn't be enough. Squad needs a bit of a rebuild. Lots of expensive midfielders who aren't doing enough, Ronaldo was very poor tonight and does look in decline.

Looks in decline? No he doesn't. He completely relies on the creativity of others to spoon-feed him goals. Always has. When it just doesn't happen, complete inability to get on the ball and make something happen or contribute to general play. He's often been that lethargic when things aren't going well for the team. So he'll continue to score, and when he doesn't, will continue to be completely rubbish for those games. So nothing I would take from tonight shows he's in decline

I believe he'll get another year. No body could manage with the injuries etc he has.

How so? This is a decent Milan team but far from being where they once were. Inter pulling ahead will prompt them into action. Whatever about Juve being ahead, they were always ahead domestically. Inter going ahead will hurt. Last time Inter went ahead Milan gave a huge push to win the league. Inter winning the title, particularly beating them to open a gap, will hurt. Infact, it's the kick up the hole Milan needed.

And yes, Inter were handed a title that was never their's, and were left with no competition. At least 4 tainted titles to their name. Under Mourinho, they would of won the title regardless of the competition though in fairness. If Inter win the title, there will be big investment in Milan, just wait and see. Milan see Inter as a smaller team in their shadow, they won't tolerate Inter having more titles

"Milan punching above their weight considering their squad and team. Reputation and history carrying them at the moment, the weight of expectation, so they just about continue to perform above their station. A Napoli or Roma in their position would of wilted long ago"
    Milan squad is easily as good as those below so cant see how they are punching. Weight of expectation has been a problem not driver fr this team who have been way better in empty stadia

"They've a good foundation to build off though. They'll be back at Europe's elite soon enough, Inter now have money so Milan will magically find the funds to compete."
    Sunning are going bankrupt and Milan are owned by a US hedgefund who will not be inclined to magic up money or blow it just to chase Inter

"Inter have 18 titles, 14 really though. Bar 2010, 4 titles handed to them from 05-09. Still, Milan will pay whatever cost to keep up if Inter get 19. Champions League needs (AC) Milan back. Far poorer place without them"
    Not Inters fault Juve cheated. There are no tainted titles Inter topped the league end of

Except Inter cheated more

Inter snatch a late one today

• Advertisement

Inter snatch a late one today

Very lucky to win that but some header by Martínez

That could prove to be a massive result. Pressure on Milan to beat Napoli now.

Am I the only one wondering how the **** wasnt that a peno for Milan

That's Milan's dream of the Scudetto finished but they need to concentrate on a CL spot and that is very worrying with their injuries

Am I the only one wondering how the **** wasnt that a peno for Milan

It wasn't strong contact but there was still contact. I'm surprised it wasn't given.

Edit: Bad loss for Milan but that squad has been decimated with injuries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement