Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Agree.
    Mediocre club the last couple of seasons. Dzeko on last legs. Good few are 30+. Monchi gone and his signings haven't worked out. Doesnt appear to have much cash from new owners to overhaul squad.

Mourinho is ridiculed for what has happened in the last 10 years. Mostly with justification.
    But it is still only 10 yeas ago when he was on course to go down as one of the greatest mangers.
    Other than the fact that he prefers to work with more established players this Roma doesn't look like a great fit for either of them.
    Top 3 would be an achievement next season.

He might "prefer" to work with established players at big clubs, but that's when he's at his worst. Mourinho is at his best when forced to work with limited money, or teams well below where they should be, forced to work with what he has really. His management makes average enough players believe they are world beaters, the likes of your Milito's

He takes jobs at Madrid and United, but it's only detrimental to his management style. Pressure to play an attacking game, getting bogged down with ego's and nonsense. Roma is the perfect fit really. A tier 2 team struggling with little expectations, could play more defensive football in Italy too, without hassle on his back. He'll turn them around imo, make them believe they are better than they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Massive win for Cagliari at Benevento. They've left things very late but Cagliari's recent form might have saved them.

Big game coming up for the Champions League places as Juve host Milan. Ibra and Ronaldo both featuring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Juve all over Milan

Worrying times for Milan as it feels it's just a matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The amount of stoppages is pissing me off

Get the **** in

Go wan

Get in

Great goal puts Milan ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Headshot wrote: »
    Get the **** in

Go wan

Get in

What a goal.

I know the goal went my teams way but I am so sick of VAR. Sucks the fun out of the excitement of seeing an amazing goal like that

Juve all over Milan

Worrying times for Milan as it feels it's just a matter of time

I don't remember thinking that at any stage.

Was a very even game up until about 40mins.

Loads of quick passing, some bad passing, plenty of strong 50/50s and a few snakey ones thrown in

breezy1985 wrote: »
    What a goal.

I know the goal went my teams way but I am so sick of VAR. Sucks the fun out of the excitement of seeing an amazing goal like that

What a screw up by scenzney

What a screw up by scenzney

Was an easy enough catch and if your gonna punch it be sure your gonna really launch it

• Advertisement

Man that was a dreadful peno, you could see his walk up showed no conviction

Man that was a dreadful peno, you could see his walk up showed no conviction

Even if it had still missed I really wanted him to just roof that

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrreebiccccccccc

Incredible goal.

Hot damn that was some goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Class goal from Rebic, Juve in serious trouble now

Milan have Torino (A), Cagliari (H), Atalanta (A)

Juventus Sassuolo (A), Inter (H), Bologna (A)

This is turning into a proper humiliation lol

3-0 Milan

Getting embarrassing for Juve

Don't think anyone saw this coming, huge upset

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Class goal from Rebic, Juve in serious trouble now

Milan have Torino (A), Cagliari (H), Atalanta (A)

Juventus Sassuolo (A), Inter (H), Bologna (A)

Napoli are the worry here.

Udinese (H) Fiorentina (A) and Verona (H).

Should win them but I can see them drop points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

3-0 Milan

Getting embarrassing for Juve

Don't think anyone saw this coming, huge upset

Hardly a huge upset. Both level on points going into tonight, both exceptionally underwhelming for a long time now too.

3 big points and beating Juve on the head to head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

3 big points and beating Juve on the head to head

It's essentially a 3.5 point lead, right?

It's essentially a 3.5 point lead, right?

If it comes down to those 2 yep.

I would have killed Theo if Juve had scored as he pulled up on a great chance for 4-0 to moan at the linesman and could have been very costly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

is_that_so wrote: »

Disgraceful of Serie A to be picking on mid table sides like this :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Zhang has asked Inter's players to waive 2 months wages, which could save circa €25m - they must be in a worse state than they're letting on if it has come to this a week after clinching the title.

Just read De Zerbi is expected to take over at Shakhtar next season. I find that a real shame. He's done a brilliant job at Sassuolo and will be a big loss to the league. I get that they're a Champions League side but it seems like a strange career move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Just read De Zerbi is expected to take over at Shakhtar next season. I find that a real shame. He's done a brilliant job at Sassuolo and will be a big loss to the league. I get that they're a Champions League side but it seems like a strange career move.

Money talks. Apparently turned down Fiorentina as well.
    He would have been perfect for them but Gattuso will be great for them I suppose anyway if the rumours are to be believed.

Napoli bet Udinese 5-1 last night. They're now 4 points clear of Juve

Napoli bet Udinese 5-1 last night. They're now 4 points clear of Juve

Milan and Atalanta can have it wrapped up before they meet if they win their next 2 games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Milan are demolishing Torino. Rebic and Theo Hernadez have been excellent.

kksaints wrote: »
    Milan are demolishing Torino. Rebic and Theo Hernadez have been excellent.

6-0 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,349 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

with 2 games left looking like

atalanta 75
    milan 75
    napoli 73
    juve 72

who's gonna be the unlucky one to miss out?

atalanta 75
    milan 75
    napoli 73
    juve 72

Next set of fixtures: Juve v Inter (H) on Saturday, Napoli v Fiorentina (A) Sunday

Juve need to win and hope Napoli slip up.

Atalanta and Milan should wrap up champions league in their next games (away to Genoa and home to Cagliari respectively) before playing each other final day

atalanta 75
    milan 75
    napoli 73
    juve 72

If everyone loses next weekend except Juve who draw then I think Milan and Atalanta will qualify with an Ireland v NED 90 style draw

Ultimate insult for Torino. The ref blew it up on 89.90m

Lazio win it in the 95th minute, pretty harsh on Parma who were doing well.

Torino could be in trouble. They are away to fellow strugglers Spezia next, followed by a trip to Lazio.

Benevento's next game is at home to Crotone. You'd expect they'll win that, and they deserve to go down if they can't.

If Torino lose their next two and Benevento beat Crotone, it will come down to the final game of the season: Torino vs Benevento, to see which of them stays up. That would be an exciting prospect. Almost like a relegation play-off.

Cagliari probably would be in danger too, assuming they lose to Milan in the next game. Genoa at home is their final fixture.

Torino could be in trouble. They are away to fellow strugglers Spezia next, followed by a trip to Lazio.

Benevento's next game is at home to Crotone. You'd expect they'll win that, and they deserve to go down if they can't.

If Torino lose their next two and Benevento beat Crotone, it will come down to the final game of the season: Torino vs Benevento, to see which of them stays up. That would be an exciting prospect. Almost like a relegation play-off.

Cagliari probably would be in danger too, assuming they lose to Milan in the next game. Genoa at home is their final fixture.

Yeah, I thought we could be safe, but now it looks shaky. But I think we beat Spezia and draw LAzio :o

Atalanta 3-0 up and looking good to secure Champions League today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

halftime Spezia 2-0 Torino !

Atalanta 3-0 up and looking good to secure Champions League today

Champions league secured for them now but they went about it the hard way winning 4-3

Champions league secured for them now but they went about it the hard way winning 4-3

Juve to rap it up for everyone tonight anyway :)

This prospect moved a step closer today after Spezia beat Torino 4-1. Torino's next game is away at Lazio, while Benevento host Crotone tomorrow. Great achievement by Spezia to stay up.

Juve leading Inter 2-1 at half-time. Two pens in this game and I thought both were pretty soft, particularly the Juve one.

Juve down to ten after Betancur sent off. Ballsy of Pirlo to sub Ronaldo to try and shut up shop for the final stages.

2-2. Chiellini own goal. Ref initially disallowed it but it's correctly given on review. Five minutes or so of normal time to go.

And now the ref has given Juve a penalty. Never a penalty in a million years for me. This ref stinks.

It stands and Cuadrado scores it. I think that's a disgrace.

Brozovic given a second yellow. That is a correct decision. Ten men each for the final minutes.

Mental end to the inter juve game. Pressure on Napoli to win away to fiorentina tomorrow

Plenty of drama in the game but a lot of it down to that awful ref. One of the worst officiating performances I've seen this season.

How this is a penalty I do not know. If anything, Cuadrado kicks Perisic's leg.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1393625313339330564

Plenty of drama in the game but a lot of it down to that awful ref. One of the worst officiating performances I've seen this season.

How this is a penalty I do not know. If anything, Cuadrado kicks Perisic's leg.

https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1393625313339330564

Madness. Inter one not a penalty either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Slow starts to the season have cost Atalanta two Serie A titles. Best team in the league. Hopefully next year they put it together for the full season, will run away with the league if they do

Get in Napoli

Very good fortune on their goals it has to be said

• Advertisement

Fiorentina down to 10 men as well. Napoli home to Hellas Verona next week

Advertisement