Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Spezia staying up, nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Heart brake in Italy

What a throw away from Benevento

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Headshot wrote: »
    Heart brake in Italy

What a throw away from Benevento

I wonder will Pippo stay if they go down or will someone from Serie A be interested. Could even replace Simone if he goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Cagliari stay up after that late Crotone equaliser. Great turnaround as they looked goners at one stage.

Benevento can still survive on the head-to-head rule if they beat Torino on the final day (reverse fixture was 2-2) but they'll need Lazio to beat Torino on Tuesday to have any chance.

Absolutely useless from Milan.
    No real hope of breaking the defense down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Milan slip up against Cagliari. They'll have to beat Atalanta next week to secure champions league

Feck you Lazio

feck you

Torino stay up after managing a goalless draw at Lazio, resulting in Benevento getting relegated. We won't have a showdown on the final day between Torino and Benevento to stay up. Immobile hit the post with his penalty:

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1394748428534562820

Not the only time Lazio hit the woodwork either. Bad night for the Inzaghi family.

Torino stay up after managing a goalless draw at Lazio, resulting in Benevento getting relegated. We won't have a showdown on the final day between Torino and Benevento to stay up. Immobile hit the post with his penalty:

https://twitter.com/PremierSportsTV/status/1394748428534562820

Not the only time Lazio hit the woodwork either. Bad night for the Inzaghi family.

Simone done it on purpose. He is loving that he is finally doing better than his less talented medal laden brother

Final league games tonight, Claudio Ranieri manages Sampdoria for the last time tonight after announcing he's leaving in summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Am I right in saying if Juve fail to win today, they don't make the CL?

Even if they draw and one (or both) of Milan and Napoli lose, Juve lose the H2H against both (unless Napoli lose by like 9 goals or something ludicrous)....right?

Am I right in saying if Juve fail to win today, they don't make the CL?

Even if they draw and one (or both) of Milan and Napoli lose, Juve lose the H2H against both (unless Napoli lose by like 9 goals or something ludicrous)....right?

Milan are definitely ahead on the H2H but I'm not sure about Napoli.

If I was to call it now I'm saying Milan are the most likely to lose out tonight. Can see Atalanta throwing out a B team against the big city neighbours

This is from the BBC:
    Juve are one point behind Milan.

Wins for Napoli and AC Milan on the final day would deny Juve a Champions League place for the first time since 2011-12.

But Milan have a difficult game against second-placed Atalanta - who have already booked their top-four spot.

If Milan or Napoli - who play Verona - fail to win then Juventus would finish in the top four if they beat Bologna.

It seems Juve have to win to have any hope.

Worried about Milan after seeing that lineup

Rebic is a huge miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Just read this:
    Napoli, on the other hand, beat Juve 1-0 before losing the reverse fixture 1-2, which means they would be tied on points and head-to-head as well, leading to goal-difference coming into play in the Naples-based club’s favour. All things considered, Juve must win their game at any cost and hope that one of the other clubs two drop points.

The goal difference is currently Juventus +36 and Napoli +45. So if Juventus draw, they cant finish top 4 no matter what happens elsewhere, unless of course Napoli lose by more than 9.

AC Milan take the lead against Atalanta through a penalty. Napoli still drawing at home to Verona

Theo wins a penalty Keisse scores it. Milan's big 2 this year step up

Juve 3 up at half time. All eyes on the Napoli game now for the auld ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,199 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Juve cruising 3-0 anyway, so all the pressure on Napoli now to get something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Bologna rolling over - surprise surprise

• Advertisement

You wouldnt know that Napoli have to win their match

They've been awful

They've been awful

I have to say in my selfishness I am glad they are drawing. At least unless Milan can secure their game.

They've been awful

Got their lead now though! Juve out as it stands, despite their comfortable 4-0 lead.

Not sure how that goal was allowed for Napoli

Verona deserve that tbh

Pen for Milan to make it safe...

Another penalty for milan

His rubbish run up gave me a mini heart attack, but struck it well. Milan back into the Champions League!

fecking Napoli

messed it all up

How ****ing lucky is Juve

• Advertisement

fecking Napoli

messed it all up

How ****ing lucky is Juve

I know... would've been great craic for Agnelli to be dumped from both the ESL, and the CL!

Ah, can't believe Napoli blew it. I'm more disappointed about them missing out than Leicester. Disappointed as well Sassuolo couldn't pip Roma to the final European spot.

At least Juve's dominance was broken, which is the main thing.

Ah, can't believe Napoli blew it. I'm more disappointed about them missing out than Leicester. Disappointed as well Sassuolo couldn't pip Roma to the final European spot.

At least Juve's dominance was broken, which is the main thing.

Juve, PSG, Madrid and Barca all knocked off the top can only be a good thing

And Im sure most people will be annoyed but on a personal note Milan are finally back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Underground

Its possible they are going bankrupt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

I think unless they get further investment they're going to have to sell some more big stars, Conte would be right to leave as he's worked miracles and deserves reinforcements to try and retain the title and have a go at the CL, yet 'the project' is collapsing due to financial chaos and his team could be sold from under him. A massive opportunity lost for Inter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Did inter seriously tell their players they can’t pay them for two months in the week after winning the league? Mind boggling if true.

Did inter seriously tell their players they can’t pay them for two months in the week after winning the league? Mind boggling if true.

Sunning have had to pull their Chinese League team half way through the season and rumours are that the title run was all that saved Inter

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wow Inter are in big trouble.

I can see Conte off to R.Madrid and will bring lukaku with him

A shame that his tenure has ended. I could see quite a few players looking to leave Inter off the back of that. Lukaku being one of them.

I hope Conte doesn't wind up at Juve again.

• Advertisement

Wow Inter are in big trouble.

I can see Conte off to R.Madrid and will bring lukaku with him

Madrid are also effectively bankrupt though and are not even 100% sure about the CL right now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Inter aren’t the only team suffering haven’t Juve differed wages also

godtabh wrote: »
    Inter aren’t the only team suffering haven’t Juve differed wages also

Just Pirlos for the next few years :):)

But seriously I haven't heard about that. Maybe worried about lack of cash if they get the CL boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Shameful mismanagement from Inter.

pm1977x wrote: »

The major Chinese companies have been told to reign it in and not be seen to be splashing cash on frivolous things or foreign investment while the economy is suffering due to Covid

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Just Pirlos for the next few years :):)

But seriously I haven't heard about that. Maybe worried about lack of cash if they get the CL boot

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2021/04/26/agnelli-rumoured-stopped-player-wages-juve-crisis-deepens-esl-windfall-lost/

Lots of inter forums saying the same but that might be biased?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

pm1977x wrote: »

What were they supposed to do? They can't just make money appear from nowhere and the huge debts that have been there since Moratti was in charge have to be serviced. The money lost by not having fans in the stadium for a season and a half is huge and Suning not being able to provide funding mean that costs have to be lowered significantly so Conte demanding more money was never going to end well.

I am sorry to see Conte leave but everyone knew it was coming, he made demands that he knew the club couldn't give him and he knew they wouldn't be able to provide what he wanted given the current finances. The signals have been coming out for a while that he would be going so I'd say he has something else lined up, just hope Inter have a clause in his pay-off that says he can't go to Juve, it's the only reason I can see for giving him a pay-off at all really.

Milan sign Mike Maignan from Lille to replace Gigi Donnarumma who as expected has confirmed he will not sign a new contract.

Que a million "Iron Mike" or "Magic Mike" headlines with every good performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Looks like Inter will be getting Simone Inzaghi, Juve will bring back Allegri and Napoli will appoint Spalletti. That will mean that the only teams who finished in the top 7 and will keep their coach for next season will be Milan and Atalanta, could be a great opportunity for Atalanta with all the changes to other teams.

Inzaghi makes sense for Inter I suppose, he uses the same formation as Conte so there doesn't need to be a big overhaul of the squad, he is a lot cheaper and has shown that he an work on a budget. I do think a lot will depend on who is sold but there is no hope of retaining the scudetto so I guess top 4 will be the target for next season and I think Inzaghi should be able to do that.

dor83 wrote: »
    Looks like Inter will be getting Simone Inzaghi, Juve will bring back Allegri and Napoli will appoint Spalletti. That will mean that the only teams who finished in the top 7 and will keep their coach for next season will be Milan and Atalanta, could be a great opportunity for Atalanta with all the changes to other teams.

Inzaghi makes sense for Inter I suppose, he uses the same formation as Conte so there doesn't need to be a big overhaul of the squad, he is a lot cheaper and has shown that he an work on a budget. I do think a lot will depend on who is sold but there is no hope of retaining the scudetto so I guess top 4 will be the target for next season and I think Inzaghi should be able to do that.

There is also rumours of a last minute Real Madrid steal of Allegri as he is top of their list to replace Zidane. Would be hilarious to see the 2 big ESL players F each other over like this

• Advertisement
Advertisement