Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Apparently a niggling back injury. They only made a definite decision to pull him an hour before the game which is why he was listed in the squad.

As for Radu you couldn't do that if you tried. If Inter lose the league that's the end of his Serie A career I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Dramatic end to the derby between Samp and Genoa. Criscito had an injury time pen to get Genoa a point but Audero saved it. Going to be tough for Genoa to survive with Juve, Napoli and Bologna to come. Can't see them getting more than 3 points. Looks like it's between Cagliari and Salernitana for the final relegation spot.

Milan goalless against Fiorentina at half-time. Giroud missed a good chance to take the lead.

Leao blazes over a great chance at the start of the 2nd half. Is it going to be one of those days...

Wow, massive save from Maignan to keep out Cabral's header. Almost a disaster for Milan.

Leao scores! Awful goalkeeping it must be said. Big goal if they can hold out.

Milan see it out. Pressure now on Inter ahead of their game at Udinese.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What a massive win for Milan.

Strap yourselves in this is going to be a thrilling ending of the league

Half-time and Inter 2-0 ahead at Udinese. Looks like they will cut the lead back to 2 points.

Hang on, Pussetto pulls one back for Udinese. About twenty minutes to go.

3 games to go and Milan can afford 1 draw as things stand.

If Roma don't win tonight the Champions League places are set.

Inter get the win they need to close the gap.

Inter remaining fixtures

Inter v Empoli

Cagliari V Inter

Inter v Sampdoria

-------------------------------

AC Milan remaining Fixtures

Verona v AC Milan

AC Milan v Atalanta

Sassuolo V AC Milan

-----------------------------------------

Inter have the much easier run in

I don't think Inter will drop any more points. Verona will be tricky but I think Milan will win. Sassuolo look like they're on holidays, so I believe Milan win that as well. The Atalanta one is the one that I could see causing a scare. Atalanta have been disappointing but they have the firepower to cause problems. Going to be great to see how it unfolds.

Milans record against Sassoulo is shocking though

• Advertisement

Great point for Salernitana at Atalanta. I thought they'd lose that one. They're in great form of late. Next two games are against fellow strugglers Venezia and Cagliari, and on current form I reckon they can get out of the bottom three.

Salernitana out of the bottom three after beating Venezia. The great escape is on. Venezia and Genoa look down now. Looks like it's between Salernitana and Cagliari for survival and they're playing each other on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Some turnaround from salernitana to be fair. Venezia are garbage, seen them in the flesh a few weeks ago against Fiorentina and they offer nothing. Genoa in serious trouble too.

Interesting start at the San Siro. Inter 1-0 down to Empoli after 5 minutes thanks to Inter loanee, Pinamonti.

It's 2-0 Empoli! Inter in trouble here.

2-1. Dimarco's cross turned in for an O.G.

2-2! Lautaro equalises. What a half.

3-2. Lautaro completes the turnaround. After a poor start, Inter have come back well.

3-2 to Inter now.

Sanchez makes sure of the result and Inter are back on top. Pressure now on Milan as they visit Verona on Sunday. This title race continues to be great fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some laye drama in June game. Genial equalised on 87th minute and a last kick of the game penalty sealed a home win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The second coming of Allegri has not been a resounding success.

• Advertisement

Incredible ending. Genoa captain Criscito missed a penalty last weekend against Sampdoria in the 96th minute and was in tears at the final whistle. He stepped up again in the 96th minute against Juve but this time stuck it away.

I'd still say it's too big an ask for them to survive (they're away to Napoli next) but they've at least given themselves a chance.

Salernitana leading Cagliari thanks to a pen with twenty minutes to go. All kicking off with the two benches. Ribery has been given a red card, so he won't be coming on. If Cagliari lose this, they're surely gone.

Oh my goodness. Salernitana keeper just gave away a pen in stoppage time.

Ref overturns his decision after a VAR review. That was very tight but probably the correct call. Cagliari furious.

Cagliari equaliser on 99 minutes! What a finish to this game.

Full-time. Cagliari keep their hopes alive. They're home to Inter next week which should be good.

Verona lead Milan. Faraoni with a nice header. Inter going top as it stands.

1-1. Tonali scores after brilliant work from Leao. Last action of the half as well.

2-1. Tonali scores again after linking up with Leao again.

3-1. Sub Florenzi with a nice strike to wrap up the win.

Full-time. Job done for Milan. Atalanta next week will be massive.

Serie A is some epic league to watch at present

Title race and relegation race going down the wire

On a different note Cagliari didnt deserve that equalizer at all. For a must win game they were happy with the draw throughout the game.

Tonali is quickly becoming the heart of that team.

Really looks like we have finally found a new Gattuso in that regard (but a much better footballer too)

Roma were dire tonight. Fiorentina didn't have to work for the win.

On a brighter note, great to see Spinazzola back after his injury at the Euros last year.

• Advertisement

Great win for the viola. The Franchi was rocking, really liked the curva display. Unbelievably tight now for the euro/conference league spots. As said above Roma were dirt.

Coppa Italia final is tonight at 8pm. Premier Sports showing it. Teams:

Juventus XI: Perin; Danilo, Chiellini, De Ligt, Sandro; Cuadrado, Zakaria, Rabiot, Bernardeschi; Vlahovic, Dybala.

Inter XI: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, D'Ambrosio; Darmian, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Dzeko, Lautaro.

Should be a good game. I'll go Inter to edge it.

Barella with a superb strike to give Inter the early lead.

1-1 through Sandro. Handanovic could have done better there.

2-1. Wow. Vlahovic scores on the rebound. Inter have fallen apart in a few minutes.

2-2. Calhanoglu from the spot. Not sure that was a pen. Lautaro fortunate to get that imo.

Ends 2-2. Extra time on the way.

3-2 Inter. Perisic from the spot after De Ligt gave it away.

4-2 Inter. Perisic with a stunning hit. That was better than Barella's one.

Full-time. Inter win the Coppa Italia for the first time in 11 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

I genuinely don’t think inter deserved it but giving away stupid penalties consistently is always go to cost you in big games.

Was great seeing Juventus upset about refereeing decisions 😃

• Advertisement

Venezia officially relegated. Salernitana still in danger. They had a penalty late on against Empoli to win, but the keeper saved, so it ended 1-1. Cagliari could still overtake them even if they lose to Inter tomorrow, provided they beat Venezia on the final day and Salernitana drop points against Udinese.

Roma held by Venezia, which is a disappointing result. Looks like they need to win the Conference League to guarantee European football.

Genoa relegated after losing at Napoli.

Looking forward to Milan vs Atalanta at 5pm. Massive game.

Leao steps up for Milan again. Big goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

So after all the moaning Milan were doing about refereeing decisions going against them a few weeks ago, it looks like a couple of poor refereeing decisions going their way could be the difference for them.

To be clear, I'm not saying they won't deserve the scudetto if they do win it, I'm just saying that they were moaning about how the refs were costing them a few weeks ago but they never mentioned the ones that went their way. The first Giroud goal in the derby should have been disallowed for a foul on Sanchez and again today they benefit from a free not being given in the build up to their goal, but they won't mention those.

EDIT: Some goal from Hernandez there,

What a solo goal from Theo Hernandez!

Job done by Milan. They dealt with Atalanta better than I expected.

Sets things up nicely for Cagliari vs Inter later. If Inter fail to win, Milan are champions. A Cagliari win would lift them out of the bottom three.

To be honest, I don't think tonight's result will make a difference, just can't see Milan losing to Sassuolo next week. Inter threw the scudetto away against Bologna, and I wouldn't blame Radu for it either because the rest of the team weren't good enough that night either.

Torture "watching" on the live ticker delighted that they got the job done. Now more torture ahead for the Inter game.

Darmian gives Inter the lead. It was coming.

Yeah but despite Inters dominance, the game is far from won. Inter have dominated games like that before and dropped points, and it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again.

• Advertisement

Lautaro makes it 2-0. That should see the title race go to the final day. I can't see Cagliari coming back now.

As I was saying...😂

3-1. Lovely finish from Lautaro. This time it really should be over.

Full-time. It seems fitting that this title race goes to the final day. Sampdoria have survived after that result, so between Salernitana and Cagliari for the final team to drop.

Gonna be a tight last day

Final game for the 2 Milans set for 5pm our time.

Nice send-off for Chiellini and Dybala.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Said it all along Milan would win this, they had to. People may laugh but history plays it's part, it wasn't acceptable to go two behind Inter. With Juve back next year, could have been stuck behind Inter for a long time. I don't think Milan have the best individuals, but they had desperation, they wanted it the most.

Along with this, Inter and Napoli tend to be teams who bottle it generally, Milan have a history of getting the job done when they're in the mix. Inter improving forced Milan's hand in recent years, they need to build on this. They are the kingpins of modern European football, for decades the team to beat!

They really should have had the Milan games on later Sunday night as the last set of games.

They are getting stick about the clash with the EPL but they reckon the 9pm Italian time kick off is too late given the inevitable celebrations in Milan

Yeah I heard that but that city will be celebrating through the night regardless.

• Advertisement

9, in the summer, perfectly time for Inno Milan. City come to a stand still

Advertisement