Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

I'd say the Inter match might be the Saturday because there are CL matches either side of that weekend and Atalanta will be playing the Thursday so the likelihood is they'll play the Sunday or Monday. Tickets for the Inter match are up on inter.it already. I'll be going to the Inter match myself, Monza being on that weekend is making flights mad expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,417 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Atalanta will almost certainly be 2pm Sunday as the game against Cremonese would have very little interest.

Inter is your best bet if their CL game is Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

Unless I'm missing something, didn't Atalanta finish 8th and miss out on Europe?

Sorry, I forgot about that, I just automatically take it they're in Europe after the last few seasons. They'll be a Sunday afternoon game then like breezy said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleased to see Ndombele go to Napoli. He was one of my favourite players to watch a few years back and I've always felt he'd be a good fit for Serie A. Hope he revives his career.

Had a look at the highlights. What a volley this was from Berardi.

Possible transfer restrictions for Inter and Roma. European Superleagues Juventus unwilling to discuss FFP with UEFA according to the Times.

Lazio vs Inter coming up. Decent game for a Friday evening.

1-0 Lazio. Anderson with the header from a lovely SMS ball. That's deserved.

1-1. Lautaro levels it up early in the 2nd half. Lazio looking vulnerable now.

2-1 Lazio. What a screamer from Luis Alberto!

3-1 Lazio thanks to Pedro. That should be that.

Full-time and Lazio win 3-1. Deserved win for Sarri's side. I didn't like Inzaghi's subs when it was 1-1, particularly taking Dumfries off. I thought he was a good outlet. Sarri on the other hand got his subs spot on.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

Yeah Lazio deserved the win, Inter had good spells but created very little with the possession, similar to the game against Lecce where it took a very late goal to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Lazio were brilliant, the Olympico was hopping from start to finish. What a goal by Luis Alberto and Pedro's was nice too. Sickner for inter they were really poor.

And he's off......

Juve vs Roma coming up. Looking forward to this. Dybala back in Turin, while Matic makes his first start.

1-0 Juve. What a brilliant free-kick from Vlahovic.

Looked like Locatelli had given Juve a 2-0 lead with a great strike but handball given against Vlahovic. Roma well outclassed so far. Cristante having a shocker.

1-1. Dybala set up Abraham for the equaliser.

Full-time and it ends a draw. Didn't see Roma getting anything from the game after the first half. Good point for Mourinho.

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

De Ketelaere seems to be the real deal. Even looks a bit like Kaka.

Milan 2-0 up now.

Can't wait for next Saturday. Fiorentina against the hunchbacks and the derby della madonnina followed by Lazio vs Napoli. What a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pogba being blackmailed by his brother and an organized crime gang.

• Advertisement

Ffs the Milan match was an early kick off.

To make it worse it ended 0-0 once again dropping points to Sassuolo

Could have been worse for Milan had Maignan not saved the pen. Roma looked impressive, albeit against poor opposition. I missed Belotti going there. They've got some nice attacking options now.

Lovely goal from Barella on the volley for Inter.

Two lovely goals in that game. The Cremonese goal was delicious.

Three big games today with the main event on at 5. The atmosphere should be unbelievable in the Derby Della Madonnina. Who knows what way that one could go. Pressure on Napoli then after against Lazio with them drawing their last two games. I've a feeling that game could be a high scoring affair.

BT Sport really are a disgrace. Milan derby on now and they still on their score program from the prem.

• Advertisement

Ok I thought I was doing something wrong there.

I was expecting a Jimbo build up and everything

Is it blacked out? The game description is in a different colour on the TV listings

Is it 5:15 or 5:30 they can show it.

5:15 according to Jimbo.

It's the stupid blackout law that should really only apply to UK football.

Lovely finish from Leao to equalise.

A completely avoidable goal to concede for Inter though, a terrible pass from Calhanoglu that left de Vrij out of position and then Handa should have stopped it too. I can't understand how Onana hasn't been given a chance yet, Handa hasn't been great for a while now and Onana must be questioning while he joined to sit on the bench behind a declining Handa.

Another poor goal for Inter to concede as Leao picks out Giroud. 2-1.

Chelsea gonna need to stick another 100m on that offer 😝

Lovely solo goal by Leao for 3-1. He's a star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

Leao is having a great game although the Inter defending left something to be desired for his 2nd.

What is Inzaghi doing with those subs? Calhanoglu and Darmian have been terrible but it leaves them on, his subs were poor last week against Lazio too. I'll be a thumping on Wednesday night against Bayern if Inter play like this.

EDIT: Dzeko makes it 3-2

• Advertisement

Some finish by Dzeko. Lautaro nearly makes it 3-3.

Milan would be a great team if they had a good manager.

What a save from Maignan. Inter really knocking on the door now.

Full-time and Milan edge it. Great derby game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kksaints

That was a great match. Great goals and fantastic saves. Leao and Maignan delivered the goods today. Inter improved so much after the subs.

Never thought Milan would move on from Gigi so quick but Maignan has been amazing.

The Milan midfield is so good too. Benny has been great since stepping in for Keisse and DeK and Tonali are fantastic for lads of 21/22 with Benny only 24 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This Cremonese match is probably the worse match I've seen for a very very long time

Cremonese are absoultey dire and you have to ask yourself how the **** did they get promoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wouldnt be surprise if that's Inzaghi gone

• Advertisement

Can't see that happening, it's been a tough start to the season and they been making some stupid mistakes that have cost them, but the owners know they won't get anyone better for cheaper and won't want to pay him off either. I'd be confident enough that with the squad he has he'll get top 4 and that's the realistic goal for this season imo.

I also think it'd be crazy to sack him after a loss to Bayern, they're one of the best sides around and I don't think Inter played that badly last night, it was individual errors that cost them. Onana was very good last night and should be starting against Torino on Saturday, I've been saying for a while that Handa is past it and I think this will see him getting less game time.

Can we all just applaud napoli and hopefully the clowns who think the football world starts and ends in England have a wake up call.

Napoli finally bag the 3 points in the 89th minute.

Looks like Brozovic has won it for Inter late on against Torino. Lovely ball by Barella. This would be harsh on Torino.

Unlucky red card for Leao. Second yellow for a failed bicycle kick that caught defender in the face.

Correct decision. They need to ban bicycle kicks outright. If say a player scores a bicycle kick but just missed or grazed a defender it should be seen as the same dangerous play.

• Advertisement

Any idea what the penalty was for. I couldn't see anything odd happening.

Milan really riding their luck at the minute. Not playing well but still mostly getting the points

Giroud's header on goal was deflected by the outstretched hand of the defender.

Sampdoria had them under pressure in injury time but they lost their cool.

Thanks.

Fierce amount of shthousery from Samp. Fellas going down Platoon style all over the place.

How was that not a penalty against Juve? Bremer clearly catches his leg and VAR give nothing.

Edit: They do get a penalty this time, and make it 2-0

Post edited by dor83 on

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved 2 nil lead in fairness, causing Juve a lot of problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement