Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pretty sure Allegri would have been sacked on that bad spell last year had it not been for his huge contract, and yet he has quietly got Juve back into the title race. Napoli vs Juve on Friday is going to be huge.

Milan vs Roma is pretty significant too and I expect Milan will win. Leao vs Zeki Celik will be interesting as they were former teammates at Lille.

Oh my goodness. Tammy Abraham looks to have snatched a point for Roma.

Full-time. Didn't see that coming after the Pobega goal. Think that leaves Juve 2nd and means the Friday game is now a clash of the top two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,122 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Roma were absolutely crp for 85 mins. They were actually defending a 1-0 deficit. Absolutely shocking form Milan and shows they can't close out games with such a weak bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Mourinho is God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

Can't believe Roma robbed a point last night. They were dreadful.

Battle of the top two tonight as Napoli play Juve. Been looking forward to this. Hope Napoli win but have a feeling for a 1-1 draw.

I fear Juve catching Napoli far more than I dream of Milan catching them so ya hope Napoli stuff em.

Great bicycle kick, great save, great follow up.

Napoli 1 up

1-0 Napoli via Osimhen. Great start from the home side. Shame the Kvaratskhelia effort was saved.

• Advertisement

Kvaratskhelia! Him and Osimhen having a great half. Tough for Juve at 2-0, just when they looked like they might get back into it.

Hang on, Di Maria gives Juve an instant lifeline. Pity Napoli couldn't take the 2 goal lead into the break. Di Maria looks Juve's biggest threat.

2-1

Fun game. And Did Maria looks on form tonight.

What a strike from Rrahmani. 3-1!

4-1 now! Juve can't handle Kvaratskhelia and Osimhen. Statement performance, this.

Another sweet goal.

4-1

• Advertisement

Oh my goodness, 5-1! It's a rout. Juve had a good defensive record coming into this. Napoli's attack is something else.

Just give them the title.

5-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Would love to see Napoli win the CL this season, they have probably been the best team to watch in Europe this season.

Before the vultures come and pick the meat off the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Napoli love to bottle it, but surely it can't happen from this position. This weekend was the tricky one and they got over that hurdle, with Milan slipping up aswell unfortunately.

Naples have been pushing for this title for a long time now, and should have won it several times, particularly a few seasons ago beating Juve on the run in. If they finally get over the line the club could really go from strength to strength. Could go close to winning the Champions League too

When they started getting to the top echelons of the league well over a decade now, I always thought they'd fall away. But with the team being completely overhauled since then they're still there. They've seemed to have adopted a certain culture on how to play and it's now stuck.

Naples has always been different to the rest of Italy and likewise, Napoli play a very non Italian game, but it's very impressive. They are absolutely relentless, take it to teams home and away, win or lose. Throw everything at it and try and bludgeon teams into submission. It's impressive.

If they overcome the psychological hurdles that have held them back, they could a serious force at European level too. It's hard to see many teams living with them

Don't think Napoli will get pulled apart, and even if players are sold, they just seem to find more and keep hammering away at it. They haven't really fallen away in 15 years at this point, regardless of who comes and goes. I wouldn't worry about them in that regard, compared to say someone like Ajax

• Advertisement

Milan very lucky to come away with a point yesterday. Between injuries and poor form to key players they are really only scraping by.

The drop in performance from Tomori is shocking and teams have copped that him and Kalulu have no aerial presence.

How sickened would ye say Insigne is. The year he leaves for money they are looking like scudetto winners.

At least he doesn't have to directly see it like Calhanoglu

Milan are crumbling. 2 down in the super final shamefully being played in Saudi Arabia. Disgraceful defending from Tonali.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Milan have been poor so far but I'd expect them to be better in the 2nd half and wouldn't be surprised if the get a couple of goals.

Money talks in football now, they paid something like €7.5m to host the match. After the World Cup being moved to winter so Qatar could host it we shouldn't be surprised, plus the Supercoppa was held outside Italy before Covid too so it's no surprise they went abroad again.

The Supercoppa also has fek all history or significance in Italy. It's not the same as a despot regime snagging the charity shield.

I don't know, I always saw the Charity Shield as a glorified friendly and never even counted it a a trophy, so no more important. I think the big difference is that the Italian teams need the money but the English would be looking for much more. To make it even worse they're talking about adding another 2 teams to get a couple of extra matches, like the Spanish version.

Well take what the English think of the Charity Shield and minus a million off of it to get the Supercoppa. It was invented because other countries had similar "so why not". I hate that it's in Saudi Arabia but to Italians it's no more significant than the GAA All Stars going to Dubai.

The Spanish thing is a shocking heap of sht and no more important than the Emirates Cup.

Wow!

They will drop from 3rd to 11th in the table.

I'm surprised by how many points they deducted, it's something that every club does to some extent and it'll be interesting to see if any other clubs get penalties.

• Advertisement

It'll be appealed and sure to be overturned

Other clubs have pushed it too but it's very difficult to prove, Juve were only caught because of wiretaps as part of the other investigation.

I reckon they'll get a reduced punishment, maybe 3-5 point deduction rather than the 15.

I still find it hard to believe they discussed this over the phone after all the wiretaps from Calciopoli, you'd think they'd have learned not to discuss anything dodgy on the phone by now.

Do Juve never learn.

Some dodgy boys behind the scenes at that club over the years.

Fully expect an appeal and a reduction.

Pity they weren't relegated.

I was about to say Salernitana have done well at frustrating Napoli but a great finish from Di Lorenzo with the last kick of the half.

2-0. Osimhen grabs another goal as the ball falls kindly. Looking good for Napoli.

Full-time. Napoli go 12 clear for the moment. Over to the chasing pack...

Post edited by Mr.Nice Guy on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Expecting Atalanta to do a job on Juve tonight. Juve on the wrong end of a thrashing last week and Friday could see the heads drop. Atalanta in **** hot form with 13 goals in their last 2 games.

Big game for Atalanta who are in a 3 way battle for The Champions League.

You would expect them to beat the mid table opposition tonight 🤣

Atalanta 1 up in 4 minutes. Poor from Sczesny.

• Advertisement

I stand corrected.

Lookman is having a hell of a season. If I was doing a Serie A team of the half-season, I'd probably have him and Skriniar as the only non-Napoli representatives.

Entertaining game.

Wow, Inter beaten 1-0 at home by Empoli. Skriniar got a red card in the first half. Inter now 13 points off Napoli.

It seems Milan are the only ones that have a glimmer of a chance of keeping the title race alive, but if they lose at Lazio tomorrow...

Milan down after 5 minutes. Headless defending again.

2-0 Lazio. It just feels like destiny for Napoli at this point.

• Advertisement

Nice 5 way battle for the Champions League building.

The Osimhen transfer is still being investigated so they could yet have points deducted if they find anything. It also wouldn't surprise me if Spalletti found a way to throw away the lead they have.

3-0 Lazio from the spot. That's the game surely.

Make that 4-0. It's a rout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's going to be some fight for the CL qualification

2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th position are really tightly bunched at the moment

I fear for Milan though, they are on an downward spiral and really hard to get out of that.

Playing Sassuolo next who it feels like always beat Milan. 11:30 Sunday too which feels extra jinxed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement