Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verified by Visa not working properly again for debits cards...

Options
  • 14-08-2017 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Why it is always hit and miss that your verified by visa will work?

Why are you requesting the full password, while other companies request random characters?

Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Tow,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

The current verified by visa system is operating as normally but we are replacing it with our new 1 time code passcodes system that will replace the old verified by visa system soon.

As soon as we have a exact launch date we will let you know.

This is a unique six-digit code that we text directly to your mobile when you shop online from a participating retailer.

One-time passcodes are unique for each online purchase which makes them far more secure.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Hi Kareana,

I have tracked down the problem.  As you said it is 'operating as normally', well normally by Banks of Ireland's standard.

When a replacement card is issued, the original Verified by Visa password is no longer valid for the new card. 

Yours systems fail to transfer the password to the replacement card or delete/reset the original password.  It may not be possible to transfer the password, if stored as a hash of the password and card number.  However, automatically deleting the password would allow customers re-enter one on first use of the new card.

According you your own procedures, there should be covering letter including with new cards, informing the customer to contact support to reset the password.   However, as I have been told this is not happening.

Tow.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi Tow,

Thanks for your reply.

Normally the password will work, if it is a renewal card so it looks like this could be specific to your card.

We can confirm that verified by visa is operating as it should. 

As I mentioned above this system will be changing soon with our new 1 time codes. 

We are unsure of the procedure you mentioned above regarding the letter.

Can you confirm where you were advised of this? 

Thanks

Kareana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

Your fellow staff members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Tow wrote: »
    Your fellow staff members.

Hi Tow,

Thanks for that information. I'm going to follow up on this here, could I ask if you were told this on a visit to one of our branches or if it was over the phone/email?
    Also have you been able to use your verified by visa in the meantime.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement